It's time to officially fire up the head coaching search. Who you got?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
WE GET IT. YOU LOVE LOSERS.
Ok you got me there. I do love you and your constant :poop: about our program............
Btw I played on some of the most successful teams at my HS in its history. Regional playoffs in basketball with a short team
Playoffs in football with about 24 players max. So losing much was not in my resume.............

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I asked Durty who we missed and all he had was PJ Fleck
I gave one example. I could give a bunch. Mullen is a top 10 paid coach in a field of over 100 coaches. You act as if none of those other guys are "available" because they are employed. If they are a coach and they are alive, they are available. And 95% of them would be getting a significant raise.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
you like him better. so do I. That's really the bottom line. The rest aren't facts. the rest is I"wish this team would become a lead someday."

he is recruiting no better than butters, or only marginally better by the slightest fraction. Butters at least added wide receiver and running back talent. dorky Dan is adding nothing.

at LSU or Tennessee he'd still be the same clown we were laughing at two years ago, but you can't take off your orange and blue goggles.

he's proven repeatedly he can't win without a talent advantage, and then he can't recruit well enough to have a talent advantage. how fccking hard is that to understand?

shark and chimp have 10-win seasons too.

the rest is just your imagination.
I think you are misunderstanding me. I am not saying CDM is the answer and everything is sunshine and roses. He is fixing a lot of what was wrong, but there is still quite a ways to go. If he doesn't fix his staff this off-season than he will be gone, probably after the 2021 season. (Same goes for recruiting - and on that front, to your point on recruiting, who the hell does win without a talent advantage?)

Several on here are calling him Mark Richt 2.0 and it may be a fair comparison (though possibly not as Richt did win a couple of league title and came very close on one other occasion and recruited a helluva lot better). And like Richt, CDM may just be setting up the table for the next guy to a certain extent. We will see. But I will admit to being foolish sometimes (or maybe overly optimistic) and am willing to give the guy more of a chance before I say it's time to move on.

Most of us here don't want to admit how fortunate we have been. To have had two HC's like SOS and then Urbs was pretty damn remarkable. Those great HCs don't come along very often. Looking around the current landscape, there are two, maybe three guys performing at that level. Another two or three are just below that. The rest are all just some guy who may or may not get there someday.

Before we dump CDM, I'd love to hear who we (and especially you) think will be an upgrade and why. I personally doubt, given the current level of priority given to the football program, we'll find that guy very easily.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Clemtech was ready to run off Dabo a few years ago too. He got a LOT of time to get their program where it is.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
This garbage got 2 likes?

Auggie, you’ve always been a bit slow. The vast majority got my point long before post 73. In fact, the only reason post 73 was necessary was because I was forced to spell it out to the small handful of our slower, hand-wringing woman members.

...so, on the issue of changing this thread title?

Where we at?

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
...so, on the issue of changing this thread title?

Where we at?

This thread has generated over 1% of the 34,440 posts needed on the #MarchToAMillionPosts

Ox isn't going to change the thread title, he's trying to think of 99 more that will generate a similar number of posts.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Clemtech was ready to run off Dabo a few years ago too. He got a LOT of time to get their program where it is.
dabo was crootin hard to begin with. hes always been a high energy crootin type of guy. yes it took him a few seasons to get the W's where the fans wanted them, but he was crootin from the get go. Now lets do mullen...

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Neither had back to back 10 win seasons. I expected a better argument.
I mean, come on. 2016 would’ve been without a canceled game. And Dan hasn’t achieved that yet either. Looks good but not counting chickens before they hatch.

Atlgator98

Nov 2, 2019
Who has had back to back 10 wins?
Slightly premature, I admit. But very good chance we get to 10 wins this year. And next year. That’s my point. Consistency. You clearly stated Mullen is following along the same path as the previous 2 idiots, and that’s an absurd claim. Nothing, stats or optics, show it. If you expect titles this year, I get it, Mullen sucks. But if you can see the big picture and have a realistic perspective, give the man a chance to rebuild what was a tragic comedy of a program for almost a decade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.