Jaden Rashada joins powerhouse Arizona State; named starting QB as true freshman

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I think you've made your opinion of that clear on every post you've made in the past six months, when in fact the overall program is currently in the best shape it's been in at least ten years.
You really don’t believe that do you???

You’re just being sarcastic here for effect…right?

I’m thinking , right now, we are in pretty big trouble as a program.

To say we’re the best we’ve been in 10 years is the definition of Orange and blue glasses.

Maybe next year at this time, we can all agree that the program has turned a corner and we are on that long road “back”.

Right now, we had a decent early signing class.
That alone doesn’t get us to even sniff being “on the road” back.

Let’s start with beating Vandy and Kentucky.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
If it takes paying 18 year olds to come to an elite academic institution to play a game, then end it. The NFL can do their d league on their dime. Pay a promising engineer to come here.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You really don’t believe that do you???

You’re just being sarcastic here for effect…right?

I’m thinking , right now, we are in pretty big trouble as a program.

To say we’re the best we’ve been in 10 years is the definition of Orange and blue glasses.

Maybe next year at this time, we can all agree that the program has turned a corner and we are on that long road “back”.

Right now, we had a decent early signing class.
That alone doesn’t get us to even sniff being “on the road” back.

Let’s start with beating Vandy and Kentucky.
You continue to get to be a bigger clown of the highest order by the day, you keep topping yourself.

You're obviously looking at everything completely through the lens of wins and losses, when of course we haven't won a damn thing of consequence in the past ten years. As of right now, our facilities, dorms, relationships with high school coaches, etc, are the best they have been in the past ten years. If you think I'm wrong, then tell me when in the past ten years we were in better overall shape as a program. MAKE AN ARGUMENT other than "Vandy and Kentucky!! I just owned juuuuuuu!"

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
According to Mark Long the Rashada camp signed and agreed to a $1,000,000 nil deal then at the last minute reneged and wanted $3,500,000. Evidently after we picked up Mertz and not a quality transfer they realized how ****ty our QB room was gonna be come next year and believed they had UF over a barrel and took advantage of it. If that's true Napier should have a press conference and publicly rip Rashada's national letter of intent up after wiping his ass with it.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
If it takes paying 18 year olds to come to an elite academic institution to play a game, then end it. The NFL can do their d league on their dime. Pay a promising engineer to come here.
Um, we did, unfortunately he is a Chinese national and won't give a single cent back to UF when he becomes a successful industrialist back in China. Of course that's a whole different problem UF has.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
We're probably after someone else. I sifted through the portal and found a couple kids near the bottom that looked intriguing. One was a pickleball player from Wales who has never played but seems to have some arm talent and by all accounts is a stand up young man from a great family. The other is a 3rd stringer from Midwestern valley state of Minnesota-Ohio A&T. Word on the street is that he's looking for a soft spot to land and is willing to come for free rent and a Denny's $50 gift card. Considering what we know about the collective, I'm guessing he's our guy!

You still get a like for this post, but putting two different states in the school name was an obvious tell that you made this all up. You were SO CLOSE to having me convinced until that huge error.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Um, we did, unfortunately he is a Chinese national and won't give a single cent back to UF when he becomes a successful industrialist back in China. Of course that's a whole different problem UF has.
Yep. Another long-term rant I have is the issue of our elite university not fulfilling its mission of educating Florida high school graduates in Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine and military arts. The very core of a land grant institution.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
According to Mark Long the Rashada camp signed and agreed to a $1,000,000 nil deal then at the last minute reneged and wanted $3,500,000. Evidently after we picked up Mertz and not a quality transfer they realized how ****ty our QB room was gonna be come next year and believed they had UF over a barrel and took advantage of it. If that's true Napier should have a press conference and publicly rip Rashada's national letter of intent up after wiping his ass with it.
Not sure how any of us could believe anything we hear right now.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Put me also in the camp that would like to see him move on. I wonder what kind of interest he would get as a "free agent" around the rest of the nation, especially now knowing his 8-figure price tag.
He will crawl back to the bums in Coral Gables

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Not sure how any of us could believe anything we hear right now.
I do know it makes much more sense for an 18 year old and his family to ask for more money at the last minute then a whole dept of professionals with multi millionaires included to have pulled some stupid shyt like running out of money at the last minute. I'm gonna believe Long is pretty accurate with his statement and Napier and UF are staying silent with hopes of still getting Rashada at the agreed amount or either just flat out chosing to take the high road and not throw Rashada and his people under the bus.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Fox article says nothing new, but you can watch comments roll in

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
This, with one exception...do NOT rip up the NIL contract. Make him burn a year.

Also, I don't want to see his ass.hole on stage. We already got the POTUS.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
Edgar can’t communicate worth a shyyt. When discussing where the screw up stemmed from, he first said it’s a case of “they” (presumably the Gator NIL people) over promised and under delivered but then he immediately said Rashada tried to renegotiate and asked for more money when he saw how thin we are at QB.

Well which one is it? If the kid tried to renegotiate and Florida said no, that’s not over promising/undelivering. He needs to get his head out of his azz. Is this guy deliberately trying to make us look bad? That interview doesn’t shed any light on where the problem lies.
I listened to 2 minutes of this and when Hedger started talking and mumbling, couldn't put a sentence together. I was positive he was just making sh!t up and repeating all the tweeter, internet bs and had nothing new or original.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Of course, who the hell (in the media) really knows the truth - and if this is accurate it’s easy to see where the $13+M number is coming from - but at least this makes some sense. What doesn’t make sense in this scenario is what’s going on now. So Rashada had a set deal in place and at the last minute wanted to drastically raise the value. Why wouldn’t both the collective and CBN immediately say “sayonara?” Entertaining any discussion at this point will cause a lot of problems in the future; both with current players and recruits.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Totally agree but I must say I have never believed the 13 million crap. Not here.

You never believed it because it was never accurate.
A Miami beat writer started the exaggeration game a couple of months ago after Rashada committed to Florida and the fish just keeps getting bigger.
Does anyone really believe that anyone associated with UF would throw around that kind of money?

By Spring it will probably be $20 million.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator