Jameis being sued; countersues

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Well this is getting more interesting by the day. We'll see if he is successful in getting the case moved to the federal level and if is able to consolidate his lawsuit with the one against FSU and if so, what impact that will have on this. As the FSU casse is being heard in Tallahassee, if he is successful with his legal manuvering I think it will be difficult for the alleged victim to win or get a settlement out of him.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...awsuit-florida-state-court-transfer/70940048/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ston-shifts-kinsman-lawsuit-to-federal-court/

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n220019 said:
Well this is getting more interesting by the day. We'll see if he is successful in getting the case moved to the federal level and if is able to consolidate his lawsuit with the one against FSU and if so, what impact that will have on this.
It's about as smart as AH's attorneys admitting he was there instead of trying to lie. His best chance probably lies with a local judge and a local jury and hope for plenty of Semenholes to ignore the evidence.

I can't think of a single way in which this benefits him other than to slow the process down. Federal Court is very slow indeed.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I still think she doesn't have much of a chance with a jury due to all the stuff that came out and a lot of stuff being untrue that was in the media but I can't believe how dumb her attorneys were for letting her change some of her story again at that university hearing and for letting her talk in that documentary. It gave all kind of things for his attorneys to poke holes in - especially her statements at the university hearing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You need to stop bogarting that fatty.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n220917 said:
You need to stop bogarting that fatty.

I am still waiting for you to take the bet. I am sure you think he will lose in front of a jury so take it. Its not personal to me - I just don't see any way they win a jury verdict against him with that weak of a case.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Its not going to a jury. They will settle and settle big. You should have learned by your last legal predictions.

I dont do the avatar bet thing, even with those who said Chimp was a great coach and would bounce back from his two disastrous seasons.

No offense, I really don't care enough about you to care about picking your avatar. Avatars betting seem like a 13 yoa thing, the kind of thing Wooble does. Maybe he'll take you up on the bet since you are so interested in doing one.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n220979 said:
Its not going to a jury. They will settle and settle big. You should have learned by your last legal predictions.

I dont do the avatar bet thing, even with those who said Chimp was a great coach and would bounce back from his two disastrous seasons.

No offense, I really don't care enough about you to care about picking your avatar. Avatars betting seem like a 13 yoa thing, the kind of thing Wooble does. Maybe he'll take you up on the bet since you are so interested in doing one.

Says the guy who said a special prosecutor would probably get appointed and like most others were saying stuff that never happened as if it was fact just because the news jumped on it in error.

We can do the ban time bet. I just gave the avatar option if you weren't willing to do the ban bet.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There is still plenty of time for a special prosecutor on this, especially as the underbelly of this "investigation" and the additional rape victims get exposed.

Jeez dude, your legal predictions through the years, I can't even remember. AH's innocence was the last, but there have been many. I'm sorry but you just don't warrant much of my RAM.

I like you, dude, but you are little different than WDC. It's all about race with you. He's a black man so he is innocent no matter what. I just don't understand that mindset. Keep it rill! You keep high-fiving the Semenholes all you want if that makes you feel better.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n221015 said:
There is still plenty of time for a special prosecutor on this, especially as the underbelly of this "investigation" and the additional rape victims get exposed.

Jeez dude, your legal predictions through the years, I can't even remember. AH's innocence was the last, but there have been many. I'm sorry but you just don't warrant much of my RAM.

I like you, dude, but you are little different than WDC. It's all about race with you. He's a black man so he is innocent no matter what. I just don't understand that mindset. Keep it rill! You keep high-fiving the Semenholes all you want if that makes you feel better.

I never said AH was innocent I just said it wouldn't shock me if he was found not guilty after the OJ result etc.. You are wrong many times like everyone else and just like the lawyers on TV that go by their personal feelings on things like the Zimmerman case etc. About the only talking head that doesn't seem to be is Dershowitz for the most part.

About race? Show me a post of mine its about race with Winston. I thought they had good evidence against him until they posted the actual documents and showed what it was. - I just say the cops need to be toned down. I said the charges in Baltimore on some of the cops are a joke unless she has something that hasn't leaked.

I said the Zimmerman charges were a joke also.

Dec 10, 2014
Law98gator;n220911 said:
It's about as smart as AH's attorneys admitting he was there instead of trying to lie. His best chance probably lies with a local judge and a local jury and hope for plenty of Semenholes to ignore the evidence.

I can't think of a single way in which this benefits him other than to slow the process down. Federal Court is very slow indeed.

If you are an actual attorney Law, you'd probably be the one who is dumb enough to say DNA lies ...

I can imagine you in closing. "That scientific evidence is biased. It's untruthful."

:bwahaha:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you are an actual failed "journalist", you'd be ....

Just like you. :rotfl:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Law98gator;n220911 said:
His best chance probably lies with a local judge and a local jury and hope for plenty of Semenholes to ignore the evidence.

I can't think of a single way in which this benefits him

Are you not aware that he has filed to move this to Federal Court in Tallahassee? In case you didn't know, there are plenty of Semenholes in Tallahassee. How you believe that having this case heard in Federal court in Tallahassee vs. State Court in Orlando doesn't benefit Winston is puzzling.

By the way, do you still believe that a guy who just counter-claimed (contrary to what you thought he wouldn't do) will still take the 5th and refuse to answer questions under oath?

You've been dead wrong on your analysis so far yet you still continue to stubbornly hold your losing position.

I, on the other hand, have been dead on target with my analysis of this case, including my opinion that it was likely that he would file a counter-claim despite many people on here stating that wouldn't happen. As a matter of fact, in reading Winston's counter-claim, it pretty much states everything I've pointed out about this case. Hell, I'm beginning to think that either 1) Winston's legal team has a micro chip in my brain to steal my thoughts 2) they came to this board and copied/pasted my comments into the document that they used as their counter-claim or 3) hell, am I really Winston's defense lawyer and I just didn't remember it?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Law98gator;n220979 said:
Its not going to a jury. They will settle and settle big.

No, they aren't going to settle this big. It may settle but it's likely that the only thing this settles for is each side dismissing their claim with predjudice, they each sign an NDA and nobody gets anything else. The unfortunate part if they settle with an NDA is that we won't ever truly know what the terms of the settlement are. This isn't a Kobe like case where she is getting millions. Kobe was married and needed to make his case go away to keep his wife off his azz. Not the same type of situation here.

This girl isn't going to get squat and if this goes to a jury trial, she will lose the counter-claim. Looking into my crystal ball, if this goes to a jury trial I foresee this girl ending up in federal court again shortly after this case is finished...in a BANKRUPTCY FILING to wipe out the debt that she owes Winston after he wins his counter-claim against her and is awarded damages.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, I didn't know it was in Orlando. I'm not that invested in Semenhole hero worship. It will get moved to federal court. Not sure which districtbc I didn't I didn't read the jurisdictional allegations...and don't care enough to do so.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So he sues the 2nd girl but not the 1st one?

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well Gee since I bet she has no money this is just a ploy to get back some of whatever he might have to pay. I do wonder what rep. he actually thinks he has that the suit effected.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
GatorInGeorgia;n221205 said:
Are you not aware that he has filed to move this to Federal Court in Tallahassee?

I haven't bothered trying to find the actual filing, but what possible justification could there be for moving this to a federal court ? Seems like it's all She Said / He Said / defamation of character ... not exactly a federal issue in the normal scheme of things. As I understand it, even if it's a diversity issue (e.g., she's no longer in Florida), both parties would have to agree to the removal of the case from state jurisdiction.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yankeetown;n221327 said:
I haven't bothered trying to find the actual filing, but what possible justification could there be for moving this to a federal court ? Seems like it's all She Said / He Said / defamation of character ... not exactly a federal issue in the normal scheme of things. As I understand it, even if it's a diversity issue (e.g., she's no longer in Florida), both parties would have to agree to the removal of the case from state jurisdiction.

I think they are arguing he is an Alabama resident and it should be moved to federal court because of that and since its for 75K or more in damages. The article I read said people will try to move them if they can sometimes because juries in federal court don't rule for the person suing as often as state juries do in these cases. Not sure if there is any truth to that but it was in an article about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.