Jameis being sued; countersues

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
pilot-in-fla;n221366 said:
This link contains the text of Winston's counterclaim.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/09/1-...-he-raped-her/

The narrative is pretty devastating.

Its definitely not helping her case at all with her changing statements etc. I think the worst was when they allowed her to go to that university hearing on Winston. Besides her story changing again if you read the transcript of that thing it was like her main intention was to convince the Judge she wasn't the type of girl to do one night stands. She even went off on something about stressing her boyfriend was in another state on that date even though that had nothing to do with Winston's case in reality. I guess she was saying that trying to say the DNA from her boyfriend didn't get on her that same day to try and reinforce she wasn't that type of girl or something.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Yankeetown;n221327 said:
I haven't bothered trying to find the actual filing, but what possible justification could there be for moving this to a federal court ? Seems like it's all She Said / He Said / defamation of character ... not exactly a federal issue in the normal scheme of things. As I understand it, even if it's a diversity issue (e.g., she's no longer in Florida), both parties would have to agree to the removal of the case from state jurisdiction.

It's the law. Because she filed suit in Florida when he was a legal resident of Alabama and because she and her attorneys refused to agree to limit damages to $75,000 or less, Winston has the right to move the case to federal court. Apparently his lawyers sent an offer in writing to her legal team requesting they agree to limit the amount of money at stake to $75k or less, Kinsman's lawyers refused and Winston's lawyers have included the correspondence between them and opposing counsel in their petition to change from state to federal court. It sounds to me like Winston's lawyers may have outsmarted Kinsman's lawyers, who supposedly are very good. Winston and Co. apparently also have requested that this lawsuit be consolidated with the lawsuit she filed against FSU and they want this heard in Tallahassee.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
pilot-in-fla;n221366 said:
This link contains the text of Winston's counterclaim.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/09/1-nfl-draft-pick-counter-sues-woman-claiming-he-raped-her/

The narrative is pretty devastating.

Yes the narrative does sound extremely devastating to her case and from all the evidence I've read, Winston's narrative seems to be supported by multiple independent sources in addition to the statements from the alleged victim's friends who were with her that night. I mentioned in this thread last month that I thought it was a stupid move on her part to sue Winston when she probably could have left him alone and wrangled a pretty nice settlement out of FSU on the Title IX suit, just on technicalities alone, and possibly sued and received a settlement from the TPD for the poor investigation they apparenlty did at the beginning of this whole episode and people scoffed at me. Reading the narrative of events in Winston's lawsuit laid out neatly in one clean document makes me believe even more strongly that she won't be getting a huge sum of money from him and very likely may have screwed up her chances in her suit against FSU, too.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Gator Fever;n221381 said:
She even went off on something about stressing her boyfriend was in another state on that date even though that had nothing to do with Winston's case in reality.

Yeah, I read that, too and I recall reading from what appeared to be a credible source that what she said about her boyfriend not even being Florida on the date in question may actually not be true. If, indeed, her boyfriend was in Tallahassee on the weekend in question and that is proven in court, I would guess that will be the final nail in her coffin.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After all this thorough and rigorous debate I decided I wanted to add my take to this.

- And it's one of which I'm sure we can all agree...

- It should need no further explanation...

- As it is a given fact, with is empirical evidence, so no further burden of proof should be deemed necessary...

- So here goes...

- JAMEIS SUCKS DONKEY BALLS !!!

THAT is all!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
SquawinGeorgia won't like that.

I heard there was a new ethical rule passed and now all the defense attorneys have to tell the truth in their pleadings, at press conferences, and in court. I'm a bit skeptical.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
When this began, I was sure all was as the "victim-girl" said. (Yeah,hearsay.) Now, by the truth coming out she's gonna
get raked across the hot coals. She decided rape hours after the event. Plus, how loyal was she to her serious boyfriend ?
Actually, she's lucky she didn't get pregnant and Winston had to shoot to kill her.

Seriously, her case & some other false ones hurt the real rape victim cases. It's like that old-fashioned prejudice that
the victim dressed provocatively worked against the raped victim. Now, the occurrence of false claims will be a jury
prejudice "real rape victims" will have to climb over. No female should be raped; way too many are & will continue.
Womwen need to start realizing that xs alcohol can be a date rape drug.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Law98gator;n221847 said:
I heard there was a new ethical rule passed and now all the defense attorneys have to tell the truth in their pleadings, at press conferences, and in court. I'm a bit skeptical.

Does that new rule apply to plaintiffs' attorneys, too? If so, Team Kinsman is up the creek. Out of curiosity, if you haven't even read the evidence in this case, how do you know so much about it?

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n221990 said:
Does that new rule apply to plaintiffs' attorneys, too? If so, Team Kinsman is up the creek. Out of curiosity, if you haven't even read the evidence in this case, how do you know so much about it?

:ban2:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Despite what Jameis' personal attorney in this thread says, he's going to pay big time. He'll settle before trial.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Not only will Rapies settle big, the TPD will pay big-time once the suit is brought upon them.

pilot-in-fla

Deplorable
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2015
If there is a settlement, it will be a lot closer to what a Tallahassee prostitute would charge a student for a night of sex than the amount this woman is claiming.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
pilot-in-fla;n222574 said:
If there is a settlement, it will be a lot closer to what a Tallahassee prostitute would charge a student for a night of sex than the amount this woman is claiming.

What an idiotic statement!!!!

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
oxrageous;n222501 said:
Despite what Jameis' personal attorney in this thread says, he's going to pay big time. He'll settle before trial.

Unfotunately, if this settles, we will never truly know the specifics but based on the girl having told upwards of 6 different versions of what happened, any settlement will most likely be closer to what I've already predicted rather than some huge settlement. This girl should have stuck with suing FSU and thereafter, possibly the TPD.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
NoGaGator;n222506 said:
Not only will Rapies settle big, the TPD will pay big-time once the suit is brought upon them.

You may be correct on the TPD statement but you are most likely very wrong on Winston settling big.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n222623 said:
Unfotunately, if this settles, we will never truly know the specifics but based on the girl having told upwards of 6 different versions of what happened, any settlement will most likely be closer to what I've already predicted rather than some huge settlement. This girl should have stuck with suing FSU and thereafter, possibly the TPD.

I think the TPD one would be harder to win than the ones against FSU and Winston himself. Her own lawyer told them a few weeks after the complaint was made that they didn't know if they wanted to move forward that they would contact them in the future if they did and then they waited until it showed up in the news from an unnamed source to start pushing it again. The courts also make it hard as heck for judgments against police actions to stand on things like this when they get appeals court review usually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.