Jameis being sued; countersues

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Gator Fever;n222636 said:
I think the TPD one would be harder to win than the ones against FSU and Winston himself. Her own lawyer told them a few weeks after the complaint was made that they didn't know if they wanted to move forward that they would contact them in the future if they did and then they waited until it showed up in the news from an unnamed source to start pushing it again. The courts also make it hard as heck for judgments against police actions to stand on things like this when they get appeals court review usually.

I've always felt the best chance for a payday was against FSU and then the second register to try and ring would be TPD. Not that the TPD case would be easy but it certainly appears easier than going after Winston. The fact that they didn't try to track down the cab driver, review the videotape from the bar or interview the bar staff were all mistakes that, on the surface, a competent police department shouldn't make.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n222641 said:
I've always felt the best chance for a payday was against FSU and then the second register to try and ring would be TPD. Not that the TPD case would be easy but it certainly appears easier than going after Winston. The fact that they didn't try to track down the cab driver, review the videotape from the bar or interview the bar staff were all mistakes that, on the surface, a competent police department shouldn't make.

I am not a lawyer but have seen quite a few decisions that would make me think that doesn't even come close to meeting what it takes to be successful against a PD for something like that. Some of the reversals of the appeals courts actually make you shake your head with how negligent the PD appears in some of them.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Gator Fever;n222690 said:
I am not a lawyer but have seen quite a few decisions that would make me think that doesn't even come close to meeting what it takes to be successful against a PD for something like that. Some of the reversals of the appeals courts actually make you shake your head with how negligent the PD appears in some of them.

You are correct about it being difficult to prevail against a governmental agency like a police department. The point I was trying to illustrate is that's how weak her case against Winston is in my opinion...it appears so weak that she would probably have a better chance of prevailing against the TPD IMO, rather than Winston, despite the fact that it's so hard to win lawsuits/settlements against governmental authorities. Not that she would necessarily win against TPD.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n223639 said:
The point I was trying to illustrate is that's how weak her case against Winston is in my opinion...
Still protecting your client?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard to see the light when you have winston's junk in your face 24/7. Right semi-in-jawja?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n223651 said:
It's hard to see the light when you have winston's junk in your face 24/7. Right semi-in-jawja?

I'm Gator through and through. I graduated from UF in the 90s. Whether you did is a serious question mark. It's pretty easy to see the light when you read all of the evidence...something I've done that you apparently haven't. I'm not pro-Winston, I just happen to be much more anti-false allegation than I am anti-Jameis and based on the ever changing story of the alleged "victim", false allegations are what this appears to be, barring new evidence.

Maybe some day if you or someone close to you is ever falsely accused of a serious crime and you or that person is put in a position where you are fighting for your freedom then you'll understand but as of now it doesn't appear that you do.

In the meantime, go **** yourself!

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is always my favorite pissing contest...who graduated from UF and when, and the questioning of the validity that ensues. :popcorn:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n223666 said:
I'm Gator through and through. I graduated from UF in the 90s. Whether you did is a serious question mark. It's pretty easy to see the light when you read all of the evidence...something I've done that you apparently haven't. I'm not pro-Winston, I just happen to be much more anti-false allegation than I am anti-Jameis and based on the ever changing story of the alleged "victim", false allegations are what this appears to be, barring new evidence.

Maybe some day if you or someone close to you is ever falsely accused of a serious crime and you or that person is put in a position where you are fighting for your freedom then you'll understand but as of now it doesn't appear that you do.

So did Gregg Doyel, and he is a ****wad. Congrats, everyone thinks you swallowed Jameis's wad

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Take 3 days off for this. In the meantime, let it sink in that constantly rushing to the defense of the one of the most hated Noles of all time on a Gator board just doesn't sit well with a lot of people.

:bananawave:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe some day if you or someone close to you is ever accused of a serious crime

So you finally admit it then, you are close to shameis, we all knew it, not sure why you keep trying to pretend otherwise. When you get back from your vaca let us know whether you spit or swallowed. :bananawave:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Winston is suing the girl? LMAO! Maybe this is just legal protocol. I don't know. I do know one thing. His arrogance never ceases to amaze. The Bucs deserve him and his karma. Wait till his gut fills out again ince he starts spending his money. ;)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Scott512;n224112 said:
Maybe this is just legal protocol.
Yeah, it is. It's in almost every Answer (along with about 15 boilerplate defenses).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.