Jameis being sued; countersues

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n210225 said:
They know they have no case, this is an attempt at pre-draft extortion, plain and simple, and it may work for mid 6 figures.
Yawn. It's really a rather easy case. And it will go in Kobe range, 5-10 mil.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
WOW!!! I think this is a stupid move by this girl!

I know what I'm going to write may make me unpopular on this subject but I must say I think this girl is absolutely nuts for filing the lawsuit. I read the evidence in detail, all few hundred pages, and I also read the recap of the student conduct hearing and her story has so many holes in it that I 1) don't think Winston raped her, 2) I don't think she has a chance in hell of winning and 3) I think there is a high degree of probabilty that Winston files a counter claim against her. Her story has changed so many times (the most recent example is she never played the "I was drugged" angle at the conduct hearing yet goes public in the movie shortly thereafter saying she was drugged by Winston). I think Winston's lawyers are going to have a field day with this girl under oath and I think she's going to come off looking very bad. In my humble opinion, I think she should have stuck with just suing FSU for Title IX violations because she may well collect on that claim due to the technical nature of what the school should have, but apparently didn't, do and possibly go after the TPD for doing a shoddy investigation. If unfavorable information about this girl can be proven in court by Winston's lawyers I would expect that that information could be used against her by FSU in the lawsuit she has filed against them. Again, I don't like Winston because he's a 'Nole and because of his other off field issues but I'm not convinced that this girl is telling the truth.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n210263 said:
WOW!!! I think this is a stupid move by this girl!

I know what I'm going to write may make me unpopular on this subject but I must say I think this girl is absolutely nuts for filing the lawsuit. I read the evidence in detail, all few hundred pages, and I also read the recap of the student conduct hearing and her story has so many holes in it that I 1) don't think Winston raped her, 2) I don't think she has a chance in hell of winning and 3) I think there is a high degree of probabilty that Winston files a counter claim against her. Her story has changed so many times (the most recent example is she never played the "I was drugged" angle at the conduct hearing yet goes public in the movie shortly thereafter saying she was drugged by Winston). I think Winston's lawyers are going to have a field day with this girl under oath and I think she's going to come off looking very bad. In my humble opinion, I think she should have stuck with just suing FSU for Title IX violations because she may well collect on that claim due to the technical nature of what the school should have, but apparently didn't, do and possibly go after the TPD for doing a shoddy investigation. If unfavorable information about this girl can be proven in court by Winston's lawyers I would expect that that information could be used against her by FSU in the lawsuit she has filed against them. Again, I don't like Winston because he's a 'Nole and because of his other off field issues but I'm not convinced that this girl is telling the truth.
Exactly.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Whether or not she's telling the truth (and I think she is), she's going to get millions. Winston won't counterclaim.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Jameis is famous for many things. One is his overly aggressive nature with coeds. It will get him into (more) trouble eventually. Book it.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n210253 said:
I had no idea you were another Winston apologist. Disappointing.
I am not pro Winston. I read all the reports on the incident up and through the SA not filing charges. The girl has given 5 or more different versions of what happened that night and they all have holes in them. That is why the SA Willie Meggs did not prosecute. I have known him for 45 years and he would prosecute his momma if he thought he could win. The girl is a lying, slut-bag, moron whose tweeted this out at 2 a.m. for one of her friends to call her and some idiot called her daddy in Tampa and he and his wife drove at 100mph to Tally arriving at 4 in the morning. The whole thing is to save face with her parents.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n210277 said:
I am not pro Winston. I read all the reports on the incident up and through the SA not filing charges. The girl has given 5 or more different versions of what happened that night and they all have holes in them. That is why the SA Willie Meggs did not prosecute. I have known him for 45 years and he would prosecute his momma if he thought he could win. The girl is a lying, slut-bag, moron whose tweeted this out at 2 a.m. for one of her friends to call her and some idiot called her daddy in Tampa and he and his wife drove at 100mph to Tally arriving at 4 in the morning. The whole thing is to save face with her parents.

Wow.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n210254 said:
Yawn. It's really a rather easy case. And it will go in Kobe range, 5-10 mil.

As you like to say, don't be dull and stop getting your info from that idiot car-washer on Gatorcountry.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It really is a wonder why so many girls don't come forward when they've been sexually assaulted.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n210267 said:
Whether or not she's telling the truth (and I think she is), she's going to get millions. Winston won't counterclaim.
She has no assets.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
oxrageous;n210267 said:

Maybe he doesn't file the counter claim; I think that depends in large part on the advice he gets from his agent on how a counter claim impacts his pro career. As far as her getting millions from Winston, it's not going to happen. I will be extremely surprised if he settles this for so much as a penny. Based on all the different versions of events she has given and based on Winston's own comments at and after the conduct hearing, I think he's already dug his feet into the stand and is ready to fight this to the bitter end. I don't see what he has to gain by settling. There is already so much baggage around him that he most likely won't be getting any major endorsement deals and any damage to his draft stock has already been done. He can't be criminally prosecuted at this point. What does he gain by giving her hush money, other than freeing up some of his time were this to go to a jury trial? He has no downside to fighting this out as far as I can tell, and if he truly didn't do it, then good for him if he doesn't cave in.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you have performed more fellatio on Jameis than the victim here.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n210277 said:

Some of that isn't necessary. What about the 2nd girl? Slut bag moron? Dude, that is low class my friend. I'm sorry she left you for whomever.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n210291 said:
Some of that isn't necessary. What about the 2nd girl? Slut bag moron? Dude, that is low class my friend. I'm sorry she left you for whomever.

Read the friggin sworn statements and SA investigation reports, dude.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n210295 said:
Read the friggin sworn statements and SA investigation reports, dude.

I can read whatever...try to have a modicum of class. Can you try? Thanks.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
"With the support of her family, she is prepared for this fight and for the counterclaims and the smear campaigns that will surely follow."

That's a quote from the girl's lawyer. It sounds like he is expecting Winston to file a counter claim against his client. This should be interesting, to say the least.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
"'
alcoholica;n210176 said:
shouldn't they have waited until he was drafted #1 and got his contract signed.

I'm thinking her attorney has meticulously gone over the leverage of each of her claims and proved to her that she has
no chance of personal gain. So, if her motive is purely vengeance, attacking now, Draft-time, may drop where he's drafted
and her suit leads to him losing that high price bonus and contract money. That may give her a sense of revenge/justice.
This may be the only "hurt" she can put on him to feel emotionally that she's gotten back at him. ??

pilot-in-fla

Deplorable
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2015
Winston has been cleared in what, 3 or 4 separate investigations, but the desire for quick cash is hard to give up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator