Jameis being sued; countersues

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
pilot-in-fla;n210561 said:
So, you don't think that any of the investigations were valid? There were 3 or 4 of them.

Every "investigation" depended on the complete lack of effort by the TPD to collect viable evidence against Winston. That's the point.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Who knows what will happen in the courts. BUT......Winston is a Nole, period and a POS. If he's guilty the courts can deal with that. But he's done enough to earn himself the distinguished honor of being an asshat.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n210596 said:
Every "investigation" depended on the complete lack of effort by the TPD to collect viable evidence against Winston. That's the point.

We know they were trying to get her to drop the case - heck one cop even suggested the problems she would have going forward with the case but their stalling didn't affect the eventual case a whole lot in reality. They didn't find out who was there with Winston for a long time but all the basics - rape exam and possible DNA was kept though the DNA wasn't tested until a long time later. Her friend had already told them that she left willingly with Winston from the bar so I doubt the taxi driver who was never found would have had much to add and we know Winston and his friends would have already had their story made up even if they were interviewed much sooner.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n210618 said:
We know they were trying to get her to drop the case - heck one cop even suggested the problems she would have going forward with the case but their stalling didn't affect the eventual case a whole lot in reality. They didn't find out who was there with Winston for a long time but all the basics - rape exam and possible DNA was kept though the DNA wasn't tested until a long time later. Her friend had already told them that she left willingly with Winston from the bar so I doubt the taxi driver who was never found would have had much to add and we know Winston and his friends would have already had their story made up even if they were interviewed much sooner.

What about "not testing" for the date rape drug used until it was already too late to detect it in her system? Explain that one away.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n210624 said:
What about "not testing" for the date rape drug used until it was already too late to detect it in her system? Explain that one away.

Didn't know about that just saw they had her alcohol level after she contacted them.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n210624 said:

C'mon Nav. They tested her blood at the hospital at 4 am. Negative for all drugs and 0.018 for alcohol. She rode on the back of his scooter to her dorm at 2 am. Hard to do if you're passed out or highly intoxicated.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n210640 said:
C'mon Nav. They tested her blood at the hospital at 4 am. Negative for all drugs and 0.018 for alcohol. She rode on the back of his scooter to her dorm at 2 am. Hard to do if you're passed out or highly intoxicated.

I saw one article where her lawyer claimed they only tested her urine for date rape drugs and not her blood also and she was even suggesting the cops may have sent someone else's urine in for the test. A lot of speculation there but if they did test her urine for the date rape drug and the sample was stored properly it should have came back positive if it was used.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n210646 said:
but if they did test her urine for the date rape drug and the sample was stored properly it should have came back positive if it was used.

Unless they waited until it cleared the system before they tested.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n210647 said:
Unless they waited until it cleared the system before they tested.

I think they collected the samples the day she made the complaint but I have no idea how long that date rape stuff will show up in a drug test.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n210640 said:

I think it was actually .048

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n210652 said:
I think it was actually .048
Correct. I remembered wrong.
My photogenic memory is failing.:lol:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Nike was smart...they signed a bunch of players and winston was among them. Brilliant marketing

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n210691 said:
Nike was smart...they signed a bunch of players and winston was among them. Brilliant marketing

I wonder how the other guys feel about getting lumped in the the dirtbag :nole:.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
CapitalGator02;n210472 said:
Not stupid at all in my opinion. At worst, this settles out of court for a good chunk of cash. Keep in mind, a counter-suit by Winston would allow the girls lawyers to dig into and expose the dark corners of Winston's past. Not good right before the draft. If Winston's lawyers are worth their retainer, they'd settle this quick and get these women to sign NDA's and forfeit their right to future suits.

The fact that they filed suit against him will allow them to look into his past using legal discovery, regardless of whether he counter claims so no advantage to them there. Nothing earth shattering is going to happen to Winston before the draft regardless of if he counter claims as each side typically has 30 days to respond to motions filed by the other side so again, nothing new in this case will come out before the draft through legal discovery. As far as the worst case scenario, you're greatly minimizing what that is. Some other potential worst case scenarios are 1) he counter sues her and wins 2) she lies under oath and is criminally charged 3) she jeopardizes her other lawsuit against FSU if it is shown she has lied or that her testimony doesn't add up 4) the court does something like dismissing her case or granting Winston a victory via Summary Judgment 5) it goes to a jury and they find in favor of Winston. These are just a few examples of what could realistically happen in this case. Don't take it for granted that Winston is going to give this girl hush money just for the heck of it. If you haven't read all the evidence from the State Attoney's office and from the stide the conduct hearing you may want to do so. You may come away with a new perspective...maybe that due to all the inconsistencies in her story, maybe, just maybe, he didn't rape her.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
oxrageous;n210354 said:
Lot of Winston supporters on this board. Disturbing.

I'm not a Winston supporter; rather, I am anti-false allegations in criminal matters where the accused could be locked up for life, regardless if he is an FSU football player, a UGA player, a thief or just a general, self entitled azz hat who has done some things that show his lack of character (I.e- shouting obscenities in the middle of campus). Punish him appropriately for those transgressions, root against him on the field, root for him to fall out of the draft; these are things that many of us, including myself have done because we don't like him. But don't take this guy's freedom away if there is no evidence that he committed a crime and furthermore, hold the accuser accountable if she has indeed fabricated this story as a money grab.

Again, I've read all the evidence posted by the SAO and the info from the code of conduct hearing and I don't think her story passes the sniff test. If there is new evidence that comes out lending credence to her claims then I'm all for changing my opinion but from what I've seen so far, her story doesn't add up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.