Status
Not open for further replies.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n124413 said:
Rumor has it there will be a UF press conference tomorrow at noon.

Then I guess that we aren't hiring Stoops? :dunno:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
When have we ever taken speculation from BSPN? They hate UF anyway. And not to mention they've seemed to be a step behind everyone on this whole thing. Things may be the complete opposite.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully Zach won't tweet any "news" today. He is the reason that CSU ain't budging on the buyout.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n124433 said:
Just from a business point of view, what is the point of a buyout if you don't stick to it? The whole point of a buyout is to deter a coach from leaving and if does leave t make it worth the university's while.

It is not necessarily sticking to the buyout that makes them look bad, it is the stating that the buyout is negotiable and then turning around and saying it is not is what makes it look bad for CSU.
Foley wouldnt have gone there if he didnt think it was negotiable, this is CSU trying to stick it to UF, could be because we were very public about it and they didnt like it, not sure.
And get off this too cheap with Freeze garbage, he wasnt coming, he used us to get a pay raise, deal with it.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n124445 said:
Get it in writing. I do think you are right that somehow we rubbed CSU the wrong way.
:proud:

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n124443 said:
It is not necessarily sticking to the buyout that makes them look bad, it is the stating that the buyout is negotiable and then turning around and saying it is not is what makes it look bad for CSU.
Foley wouldnt have gone there if he didnt think it was negotiable, this is CSU trying to stick it to UF, could be because we were very public about it and they didnt like it, not sure.
And get off this too cheap with Freeze garbage, he wasnt coming, he used us to get a pay raise, deal with it.

From what I've seen from reports, CSU never said it was negotiable. A former CSU AD or President (don't remember which) made that statement , but not the current CSU staff.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
westflgator;n124453 said:
From what I've seen from reports, CSU never said it was negotiable. A former CSU AD or President (don't remember which) made that statement , but not the current CSU staff.

I highly doubt that we would even be there if we thought they wouldnt budge. What we dont know for a fact is who specifically UF spoke to about it, but it really does CSU no favors to be so hardlined about it. They are looking at their own self interests, not the coaches, and they will be hard pressed to ever get anyone out there again, after this. I wouldnt be surprised if UF is willing to pay between 25-50% of the current buyout, that isnt chump change!
It will get worked out or CSU will have a pissed off coach.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
WobbleGator;n124418 said:
Hopefully Zach won't tweet any "news" today. He is the reason that CSU ain't budging on the buyout.

He needs to find a different job. Journalism (and anything salon related) just isn't for him.

Williston destroys the guy and it's not even his job.

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n124459 said:
I highly doubt that we would even be there if we thought they wouldnt budge. .

I don't think anyone is arguing that. I'm sure McElwain was under the impression that it was negotiable, along with the former AD. But the current CSU staff is not the one who is putting that out there, is my point...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
westflgator;n124453 said:

No, the current AD or President did say it. There were 5 witnesses in the room when they reached that agreement. The person that has gone on record with that is the former employee.

It was just too loose and too much "handshake". JM's attorney may be the worst in sports history.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n124431 said:
I sincerely believe that if we had offered Freeze serious money he would be in Gainesville right now. I am not saying for sure but I think his people turned down an unattractive offer. When they first asked him about the FL job, he was totally not ruling it out.

I get your point, but you also have to realize they now have a coach they know wants to take another job and they prevented him from doing that... that is not a good working relationship. They also have to continue to pay him and if they negotiate down to 4.5 that's 4.5 they aren't going to get otherwise.

I really wonder if Foley did something to rub them the wrong way.

BLACKCELL

Dec 1, 2014
Make stoops an offer he can not refuse. If this doesn't work, Pay the 7.5 and call it a day. I promise you the other teams will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator