Jim McElwain expected to accept Florida head coaching job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Long and short, the CSU prez is hemmed in. Foley's intelligent to allow this to play out as the longer it does, the worse it looks for CSU. I anticipate the two sides meeting somewhere in the middle, probably more to the side of UF.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can't the coach just quit this week and then take the UF job next week? Or would the buyout stop that?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n124492 said:
Can't the coach just quit this week and then take the UF job next week? Or would the buyout stop that?

:lol: Or fake his death by drowning and suddenly reappear all fresh and new.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n124494]

:lol: Or fake his death by drowning and suddenly reappear all fresh and new. [/QUOTE]

:exactly:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
BLACKCELL;n124484 said:
Make stoops an offer he can not refuse. If this doesn't work, Pay the 7.5 and call it a day. I promise you the other teams will!

A Neb poster on rivals was saying that all-in they'd be sitting around 20 mil, and that was probably beyond what they'd be willing to pay.

One thing to keep in mind is that by striking first and getting this far, JM has already made it clear that he wants to be in Gville. That in itself can be a deterrent for other teams simply because it shows they'd be a second choice, essentially forced on him. One poster indicate that they knew he was Gvill bound and felt that they'd be spinning their wheels.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n124494]

:lol: Or fake his death by drowning and suddenly reappear all fresh and new. [/QUOTE]

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
Whatever the outcome, CSU, it would seem, has created a lose-lose situation for themselves by digging in their heels. How do you maintain positivity in your program by strong-arming your head coach? Goes back to why in the world anyone would ever mandate/accept a huge buy out clause in the first place. If your coach wants to leave, forcing him to stay benefits no one, least of all the program, the players and the image of the university as a whole.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let it be so.

@McMurphyESPN: Jim McElwain/CSU cleared up buyout issues, McElwain agrees to be UF’s coach sources told @ClowESPN

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
williston_gator;n124502 said:
Let it be so.

@McMurphyESPN: Jim McElwain/CSU cleared up buyout issues, McElwain agrees to be UF’s coach sources told @ClowESPN

WOOOOO and props to you man for always posting key stuff, I don't have to search on twitter for it :fistbump:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Come on guys, lets not make CSU the bad guys. They negotiated this buyout for this very reason and we can afford to pay it and they know it. I really dont blame them for sticking to their guns. I just hope this guy is worth the effort and the money. Foley should have been prepared for this situation.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBenji;n124506 said:
WOOOOO and props to you man for always posting key stuff, I don't have to search on twitter for it :fistbump:

williston should get a free koozie or something.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
gatormandan;n124508 said:
Come on guys, lets not make CSU the bad guys. They negotiated this buyout for this very reason and we can afford to pay it and they know it. I really dont blame them for sticking to their guns. I just hope this guy is worth the effort and the money. Foley should have been prepared for this situation.
It's all good now man, I wonder how much they brought down the buyout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.