Jimmy Buffett Dead at 76

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Little known supporting actor in Buffett’s band is Mac McAnally who is a singer and songwriter.
He deserves more credit than he gets, imo.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Little known supporting actor in Buffett’s band is Mac McAnally who is a singer and songwriter.
He deserves more credit than he gets, imo.

Mac is a legend...
I became aware of him when I was curious who wrote Kenny Chesney's song "Back Where I Come From".
And then I saw just how much of an impact he's had... holy cow.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Mac is a legend...
I became aware of him when I was curious who wrote Kenny Chesney's song "Back Where I Come From".
And then I saw just how much of an impact he's had... holy cow.
Mac wrote and released “It’s My Job” back in 1980 and Buffett recorded it in 1981. I’ve always preferred Mac’s version better.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Saw Mac with Eric Darken (sp?), one of the percussionists for the Coral Reefers at Weirsdale opry, SE of Ocala couple years ago. Hell of a guitar player and storyteller.

Radio Margaritaville has been JB non stop. For the next 10 days or so they're doing 3 concert replays and a complete album play per day. Right now they're playing the Fruitcakes album.

This past weekend was our annual family reunion and oldest Granddaughter kept asking if I was in mourning. Saddened yes but not mourning, his songs, videos and concert replays will be around for probably eternity... Well at least for the rest of my life.

Key West threw a hell of a celebration of JB... He would've loved it

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Yeah, I think that $1B isn't correct (but could be). I heard his cut of the Margaritaville branding was $180M, and I think people have run with the entire worth of the brand, not his cut.

Well, most of us do have to be happy with less than Deet level wealth, even Jimmy.

Only $180M.

:trump:

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Which one--his wife or Anita Bryant?

She's called out in the lyrics to Manana.

Anita Jane Bryant (born March 25, 1940) is an American singer and political activist, known for anti-gay activism. She scored three Top 20 hits in the United States in the early 1960s.[1] She was the 1958 Miss Oklahoma beauty pageant winner, and a brand ambassador from 1969 to 1980 for the Florida Citrus Commission.[2]

In the 1970s, Bryant became known as an outspoken opponent of gay rights in the U.S. In 1977, she ran the "Save Our Children" campaign to repeal a local ordinance in Miami-Dade County, Florida, that prohibited discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation. Her involvement with the campaign was condemned by gay rights activists. They were assisted by many other prominent figures in music, film, and television, and retaliated by boycotting the orange juice that she promoted. Though the campaign ended successfully with a 69% majority vote to repeal the ordinance on June 7, 1977 (Dade County restored the ordinance in 1998), it permanently damaged her public image, and her contract with the Florida Citrus Commission was terminated three years later. This, as well as her later divorce from Bob Green, damaged her financially.[3] Bryant never regained her former prominence and filed for bankruptcy twice. She lives in her home state of Oklahoma, runs the Oklahoma City-based Anita Bryant Ministries International, and works with a host of charities and non-profits.[4]

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I had a teacher once that would challenge kids to describe what a banana tastes like without saying it tastes like a banana.
For a writing exercise in 4th Grade, Mrs. Davis made us describe a partners shoes.... she ripped me when I described Angie M's (fantastic hoots) boots as a "funny" colored brown.... she drew a boot on the chalk board and wrote "ha ha ha ha" all over the boot...

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
For a writing exercise in 4th Grade, Mrs. Davis made us describe a partners shoes.... she ripped me when I described Angie M's (fantastic hoots) boots as a "funny" colored brown.... she drew a boot on the chalk board and wrote "ha ha ha ha" all over the boot...
This incident had quite the lasting effect on you didn’t it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator