Recruiting Joe Burrow leaves OSU and becomes a corndog

leogator

May 5, 2018
One thing that both LDR and Burrow have and to a lesser degree Trask is go through progressions. LDR did not have time to go through it because , well our OL was not very good. Burrow and Trask actually step up in the pocket and Burrow has escapability.

More so than QB, our OLs have totally sucked making our QBs look even worse than they already are. Hopefully, with our new emphasis on S&C and fundamentals and technique our OL can be serviceable. We still lack in talent but we should be much better because of S&C and coaching.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
One thing that both LDR and Burrow have and to a lesser degree Trask is go through progressions. LDR did not have time to go through it because , well our OL was not very good. Burrow and Trask actually step up in the pocket and Burrow has escapability.

More so than QB, our OLs have totally sucked making our QBs look even worse than they already are. Hopefully, with our new emphasis on S&C and fundamentals and technique our OL can be serviceable. We still lack in talent but we should be much better because of S&C and coaching.

LDR didn't have the arm either. Plus, Burrow can run when needed - it's natural to him.

He likely doesn't transfer in here, so this is all moot. However, if he did, he's the starter the second he steps on campus. He's light years better than Franks & Trask....and at this point in their careers he's better than a true freshman who needs to put on size and mature.

leogator

May 5, 2018
LDR didn't have the arm either. Plus, Burrow can run when needed - it's natural to him.

He likely doesn't transfer in here, so this is all moot. However, if he did, he's the starter the second he steps on campus. He's light years better than Franks & Trask....and at this point in their careers he's better than a true freshman who needs to put on size and mature.

LDR definitely did not have the arm and was too fragile to last a whole season with our OL. No escapability either.

We need another QB on our roster anyway. We only have 3. We have the ship, so why not?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I read that as a win for Nebraska. The guys in the article seem to think it “makes sense” for him to go to Florida but acknowledge that the Nebraska stuff is “very real”. Guessing that’s his most likely landing location.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I feel the pain. Trask and Franks seem to be garbage. The problem is, UF fans are so starved they'll settle for Burrow. He may not be garbage. However, Burrow does seem to be fast food. I don't want to eat either.

I’d settle for you at this point.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
My hypothetical: all articles connecting Burrow and UF are BS click bait designed to captivate, manipulate, and humiliate Gator fans who are currently suffering thru a decade of pure crap and lagging facilities that have made our brand absolutely toxic. That kid is going to Nebraska or Texas. Mullen just needs to get back to work rebuilding this thing from the deep hole that azzbag Foley threw it into.

This hypothesis like all others could be completely off but we're not in a good place where we can count on even small breaks. Yet.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Except that his coming here makes perfect sense.

I'll need to go back and look at more film of him. Was only marginally impressed the first time.

He has to be better than our returners.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He has to be better than our returners.
For our new offense, I'm pretty sure this guy is better than our returning starters.

Notice some of those quick throws under pressure at around 3:30.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Burrow transferring here would be the biggest break we've had in years. Sounds like we're probably behind Nebraska though. It also sounds like he's definitely transferring . That's what i got from that little info.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Burrow transferring here would be the biggest break we've had in years. Sounds like we're probably behind Nebraska though. It also sounds like he's definitely transferring . That's what i got from that little info.

From everything I've read, we are the better fit as far as football goes. He has some connections to the Nebraska staff I think so they are a fit from that perspective. He might be more comfortable there. We should find out shortly.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This transfer "business" for Burrows concerns "fall-back" positioning. Well could we have a plus in that his getting more noticed by Spurrier of a "fall-back" NFL league adds to UF's draw ?? just a little ??

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Help me understand how this kid could go four years with only 10 starts and be that good.

Are there that many studs in Columbus?

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Mullen just told reporters at a Polk County speaking event that UF is not considering adding a transfer QB. He's either sandbagging or we can just shut all this down right now.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
Help me understand how this kid could go four years with only 10 starts and be that good.

Are there that many studs in Columbus?

Cam Newton and JT Barrett were 2nd and 3rd stringers on Meyer’s teams. When you recruit at the level Urban does you end up with really good backups.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Cam Newton and JT Barrett were 2nd and 3rd stringers on Meyer’s teams. When you recruit at the level Urban does you end up with really good backups.
Newton obviously would have stayed and started if he had a desktop PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.