Joey Gatewood transfers to Kentucky; Mullen reportedly outraged

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Is it possible that Franks & Trask both go pro next spring?

Franks wasn't going pro afte this season. At the time of his injury, he wasn't on anyone's radar. The Athletic's Dane Brugler listed almost 30 QBs to keep an eye on. Franks didn't get a mention. In my time reading Brugler, he never got a single mention. He isn't the only draft guy like that. None mention Franks. For the record, Dan Brugler has already mentioned Trask. That is how far apart Franks and Trask are as QBs.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Agree. Gatewood fits Mullen’s style but is he going to make a change just to sit on the UF bench? We may well need another QB but EJ is the heir apparent.

I get the Gatewood’s & the AU fans’ frustration over this. Gatewood is also Malzahn’s usual type, Nix is a pocket passer. Imagine if Trask wasn’t performing at a high level at key points, but Mullen left EJ and with him his main offensive style on the bench.
EJ may only be the heir presumptive.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Has Greenwood played safety?

WR or safety is his real position.

But wasn’t Aub’s one weak spot on defense the secondary? Seems like if he was willing to switch positions, it would’ve been there.

I guess who knows what GM maybe promised during recruiting. But the fact that the QB battle was supposedly so close going into the season, I’d be shocked if he isn’t still pursuing only that at this time.

Depending on hands though, he does seem like he’d be a nightmare matchup for a defense.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
Franks wasn't going pro afte this season. At the time of his injury, he wasn't on anyone's radar. The Athletic's Dane Brugler listed almost 30 QBs to keep an eye on. Franks didn't get a mention. In my time reading Brugler, he never got a single mention. He isn't the only draft guy like that. None mention Franks. For the record, Dan Brugler has already mentioned Trask. That is how far apart Franks and Trask are as QBs.
I'm not sure Frank's was basing his decision on sound reasoning.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Donk, I said it as a joke. He is listed as 6'5" and 233#. A safety?
<---- Once got hit by Daunte Culpepper in high school in the second half of a game in which he was playing safety at 6'5 and about 240ish. I can assure you it was no joke and I was not in a laughing mood.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
<---- Once got hit by Daunte Culpepper in high school in the second half of a game in which he was playing safety at 6'5 and about 240ish. I can assure you it was no joke and I was not in a laughing mood.
When Jim Yarbrough (OT/TE) was in HS, they placed him in the middle of the field (MLB?) on defense and let him run through the pygmies to the ball, but, of course, it didn't mean that Jim was cut out to be a SEC MLB.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boy, you really go out on a limb. :rolleyes3:

Stop posting for a few days.
Dude that was his most coherent post in years......he's older than dust and forgets his meds on a regular basis.....cut him some slack
25046227.HappyOldMan.jpg

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
It still amazes met that only recruiting thread we're allowed to have are transfers of shttty backup quarterbacks from other teams.
Yeah, if he can't beat out Nix, I wonder. Now if we can grab that top DL that left Bama but he he lives in New Joisy.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
When Jim Yarbrough (OT/TE) was in HS, they placed him in the middle of the field (MLB?) on defense and let him run through the pygmies to the ball, but, of course, it didn't mean that Jim was cut out to be a SEC MLB.
Great UF TE and then played tackle for Detroit in the nfl (i think)

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Says the guy who calls a position "the guy in the middle."
Yes, but I don't think that Jimmy played a standard position. He was lined up about where a MLB would line up, but I don't think that his instructions were to play as a MLB would play. That was the point of the post and the language I chose. He played for a small school and was so much bigger and more athletic than the other players that he just lined on defense and chased the ball carrier.
I was implying that players like Yarbrough and Dante Culpeper, who had been mentioned, might play out of position in H S, but that didn't mean your (serious?) suggestion that Gatewood play safety was credible.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
.The real question is HOW MANY STARS DID they have back then? Or did they have safeties playing LB and were the DT's light in the ass and belonged at DE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.