Just beat the Noles and get a top 10 Recruiting Class

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
Look, Trash has been the only positive point of this offense.

It isn't Trash's fault that Mullinz can't stomach the forward pass and is wedded to running the option.

He is a damn Cinderalla story, playing this well for a kid that hasn't played much in college much less didn't play significant time in HS either.

That play was nothing compared to 20 fvkking wasted run and 20-25 sidways passing plays.

I like Trask a lot, but let’s acknowledge something: at least part of the impression that he might be the second coming of Joe Montana is attributable to the way Mullen is using him while also protecting him from low percentage scenarios. He isn’t going to win games for you on his own. Unless he can shed half a second off his 40 and learn to cover the middle of the field.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
I like Trask a lot, but let’s acknowledge something: at least part of the impression that he might be the second coming of Joe Montana is attributable to the way Mullen is using him while also protecting him from low percentage scenarios. He isn’t going to win games for you on his own. Unless he can shed half a second off his 40 and learn to cover the middle of the field.
Half a second? :scratchhead:

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
One of the few times I agreed with Danielson; the sack was a result of Trask’s inexperience.
True but this would have been a 17 pt lose if FF were playing. The sack was more on mullen for not calling a T.O when they were confused and didn't know what was going on. Instead, he just let it play out....with his inexperienced QB. Coaching lost this game pure and simple. Both teams had 2 weeks to prepare and you see the results.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Trask screwed up big time taking that sack.

So true. That was almost the equivalent of a turnover. A lost drive. But as many have pointed out, that play is not what lost the game. It was just one of a multitude of plays on both sides of the ball the entire 60 minutes.

Last edited:

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
So true. That was almost the equivalent of a turnover. A lost drive. But as many have pointed out, that play is not what lost the game. It was just one of a multitude of plays on both sides of the ball the entire 60 minutes.

I think we need to be realistic about Trask. He’s good but he’s raw and still developing. He needs to be put in a position to succeed to safeguard his future development. We can’t rely on him to win games singlehanded, and for whatever the deficits of Mullen’s other strategies, his efforts to protect Trask from having to force the ball are correct and show an eye to the future. A QB with shattered confidence is no good to himself or anyone else.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Well, despite your manifestly evil temperament, at least you’ve chosen to pursue ignominy with gusto all the way to the depths of Hell. Way to double down and get after it. As sh!tbirds go, you’re a type specimen not to be trifled with.

Just remember who flinched first boy

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont know if I posted it earlier but "Top 10 class" isnt good enough. Not even close. That will be probably 5th in SEC. Butters had a top 10 class (and they actually made it campus). Chump had nothing but top 10 classes, I think. Both left giant holes innthe roster, Butters worse than Chimp.

We need elite classes if we are ever going to catch Bammer and the other teams. now that could probably be the number three or number for class something with roughly the same number of blue chippers.
Our goal should be dominating again not being Auburn.

I know it isnt happening this year with this staff, but it has to start before we can expect to become elite again.

Just being butters isn't good enough.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I dont know if I posted it earlier but "Top 10 class" isnt good enough. Not even close. That will be probably 5th in SEC. Butters had a top 10 class (and they actually made it campus). Chump had nothing but top 10 classes, I think. Both left giant holes innthe roster, Butters worse than Chimp.

We need elite classes if we are ever going to catch Bammer and the other teams. now that could probably be the number three or number for class something with roughly the same number of blue chippers.

I know it isnt happening this year with this staff, but it has to start before we can expect to become elite again.

The time for top 10 classes were the first 2 years....were not going to make any more noise than we already are and quite possibly take a step backward unless we pull into the top 5 and furthermore we need at least one true 5 player in each position group to raise the level of the others.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The time for top 10 classes were the first 2 years....were not going to make any more noise than we already are and quite possibly take a step backward unless we pull into the top 5 and furthermore we need at least one true 5 player in each position group to raise the level of the others.
I know dude but I'm trying to imagine a way to turn this shtt around.

Honestly I can't. I see this as what we bought when we hired Mullinz, poor recruiter and mediocre coach who wins half the games he plays against similarly talented teams and loses to all elite talent teams.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I know dude but I'm trying to imagine a way to turn this shtt around.

Honestly I can't. I see this as what we bought when we hired Mullinz, poor recruiter and mediocre coach who wins half the games he plays against similarly talented teams and loses to all elite talent teams.
Welcome to 9-3/8-4 records and 4th to 5th best in the conference. Hell Jimbo's getting top 5-10 classes at TAMU and in reality is probably neck and neck with Mullen in other aspects of coaching...He's also recruiting more directly with Bama/LSU/Texas and OU as well as the rest of the SEC...He would be winning the East by his 3rd season if TAMU was in our division

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Your point on elite talent is valid, but I don;t think it is the end all be all. I am still a big believer in good coaching and talent development. Yes I am going to pick and choose just for example only, but two of Butters highest rated recruits, Martez Ivey and CeCe Jeffereson could not even get drafted 4 years later even on potential? Both 5 stars both played a lot. Overrated? probably. Horrendous coaching? For sure. Jarrad Davis came hear lightly regarded. Developed and made big bucks. Point is can this staff take what it is recruiting, prove to everyone it can elevate their talents to a much higher level, then to show more elite guys that we did it with 3/4 stars, imaging what we can do with you Mr. 5 star? My sense is I doubt it but I think you can recruit that way also, but I just don;t think this staff can coach anyone up to a significantly high level. We have 4 safetys here currently that have been here forever and they are still running around in circles lost on a weekly basis. I am convinced that if Saban had these 4 guys the same time that Cousin Eddie has had them that at least 1 and probably only 1 would at the very least not be lost on a consistent basis. he may not make every play but he sure as hell would know where he was supposed to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator