Just beat the Noles and get a top 10 Recruiting Class

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I dont know if I posted it earlier but "Top 10 class" isnt good enough. Not even close. That will be probably 5th in SEC. Butters had a top 10 class (and they actually made it campus). Chump had nothing but top 10 classes, I think. Both left giant holes innthe roster, Butters worse than Chimp.

We need elite classes if we are ever going to catch Bammer and the other teams. now that could probably be the number three or number for class something with roughly the same number of blue chippers.
Our goal should be dominating again not being Auburn.

I know it isnt happening this year with this staff, but it has to start before we can expect to become elite again.

Just being butters isn't good enough.

8-10 is probably as good as this staff can do.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Your point on elite talent is valid, but I don;t think it is the end all be all. I am still a big believer in good coaching and talent development. .
So why didnt Mulkinz just coach them up?

Also Jarrad Davis was a 4 star that got pushed out of Meatchikns class. He was no Butters special we stole from the Sunbelt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
8-10 is probably as good as this staff can do.
I agree but suddenly people talk about #6 recruiting class in the SEC or 3 or 4 loss season like it is a solid accomplishment.

It's what our coaches should be doing in a down year. it was a bad year for Spurrier or Meijer.

It is Jim Donnan or Ron Zook.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
So why didnt Mulkinz just coach them up?

Also Jarrad Davis was a 4 star that got pushed out of Meatchikns class. He was no Butters special.

I thought Davis was a borderline 3 star that was a Barn commit. And I thought David Reese was a 3 star Hardballz recruit? I could be wrong

BTW I was NOT saying Cousin Eddie was capable of coaching them up. You know where I stand there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thought Davis was a borderline 3 star that was a Barn commit. And I thought David Reese was a 3 star Hardballz recruit? I could be wrong
You are right. Reese was the Meatchikn kid.

still, this is where the rating systems suck.

the success rates of high for Star guys rivals the five star players.

the success rates of the high three-star guys and the low for Star guys are about the same.

Right now we are getting four stars but they are the borderline three-star kids. the 150th to 300th ranked kids in Mullinz classes. I guess that is better than Butters 800th ranked kids but it still is not even close to closing the talent gap.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
you are dead to me
giphy.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Minister, come up with a new act or step away from the keyboard for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator