Kick Marco Wilson off the team

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That's right. They know better than that. As much as I dislike Bammer have to give them props on how disciplined they are. Fear (of the HC) is a good thing.
Oxking didn't spare the rod, and the result was I rarely got in trouble. Discipline works.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
A Bama player wouldn't have even considered doing it in the first place. That's the difference.
You beat me to it. With me selling to the athletic depts at the southeastern schools, I've been around the practices of every one of them from time to time. I can tell you firsthand at Alabama--that kind of crap wouldn't fly even at practice, and even in a totally obvious joking situation. Up there it is business and only business....especially at practice. The mindset up there is games are won on the practice field.

An incident like shoechukking happening under Saban....during a game or practice.....is less likely than the asteroid hitting earth. It simply would not happen. Somehow though, and it almost doesn't matter who the coach is here(exception SOS)....we seem to be always having showboats and lack of mental discipline. Every coach has managed to recruit these kinds of kids here. It has been a long time problem at Florida. In all fairness though, FSU has a much worse track record--especially in the 90's when it was ridiculous.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
:bwahaha:

He would have to make an NFL roster before he had some success. Don't see that happening, even for the Eagles.

I'm not saying he gets drafted(though with the emphasis on the combine, who knows) but it's always the ones you expect the least of that somehow make at least a few years in the league. Look at Dunbar and Driskel. My larger point, however, wasn't praising Marco or his potential. It's about zero growth, and frankly a decline in play, through his 4 years. CJH seemed to be able to be able to rise above it with his talent. But even Elam should be playing better this year. At some point, it's also about the guys tasked with teaching them.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Just for the hell of it, I'll put this here

I had to back my mother from the ledge yesterday because she was insistent that there's technically no rule stating you can't throw a shoe. I personally think it's probably more of a delay of game penalty than unsportsmanlike, but I think the 5 would've given them the first anyway. How about we just don't throw anything to be safe.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Dans reaction to this is his death threats moment. His players are embarrassing the University. He hiwing extreme arrogance, and got waxed at home on senior night by a 24 point dog.

And running his yap about playoffs???

F him. Marco Wilson. And fat todd.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kicking him off the team would be a ridiculous overreaction. He came back because we didn't know what we had left when Hendo left. Turns out Marco isn't even close to the lock down corner Hendo was and has a lot of ugly warts we didn't see his first year, probably hidden by the talent around him and his reputation because he was Quincy's brother which probably stopped some QBs from throwing his way that first year. Now everybody has tape on him and picks on him because they know he's weak in coverage and tackling. What we should be doing instead of kicking Marco off the team is sitting him on the bench and getting the young guys who are our future at corner more experience. That actually makes sense. Hate it for Marco, but he has no future in the NFL. There's no point in continuing to play him to get him tape for NFL scouts. The tape already tells them all they need to know.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
It's actually much worse. Mullen said that Marco didn't have any intent to taunt LSU & "kind of threw it". How the phuck do you "kind of throw it"? He either threw it or he didn't throw it. And guess what Dan...Marco threw the ****ing shoe 20 fcvking yards down field! And intent isn't the issue, it doesn't matter one bit...what matters is did the dipshyt throw the shoe or not? And it wasn't "unfortunate" that Marco threw the shoe as Mullen puts it...it was selfish & stupid and could have been prevented if Mullen and the staff had taken steps to stop the bullschit shenanigans years ago by holding players accountable (i.e.-benching them when they do stupid, selfish stuff) for their actions. Mullen needs to save the puzzy azz minimizations for a different fan base...we're all sick of it here at UF.

P.S.- this is why this loser will never win schit...because of puzzy azz excuses like this. If this was Saban, the kid wouldn't have been spoken to after the game...the kid would have been yelled out for 20 minutes straight, told the truth about being a selfish douchebag that cost his team a potential shot at a NC and then made to run stadiums and do up-downs until the break of dawn Sunday morning. Fcvk Mullen!

Dan Mullen says Marco Wilson didn't have any intent to taunt LSU in his shoe-throwing personal foul

You aren't actually implying we hold these kids accountable for their actions now are you? Shame on you!.....yeah after 3 years, Mullen the coach has really improved the program...not the biggest fan of Mullen the person though

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014
Kicking him off the team would be a ridiculous overreaction. He came back because we didn't know what we had left when Hendo left. Turns out Marco isn't even close to the lock down corner Hendo was and has a lot of ugly warts we didn't see his first year, probably hidden by the talent around him and his reputation because he was Quincy's brother which probably stopped some QBs from throwing his way that first year. Now everybody has tape on him and picks on him because they know he's weak in coverage and tackling. What we should be doing instead of kicking Marco off the team is sitting him on the bench and getting the young guys who are our future at corner more experience. That actually makes sense. Hate it for Marco, but he has no future in the NFL. There's no point in continuing to play him to get him tape for NFL scouts. The tape already tells them all they need to know.

Bench him, cut him. Whats the difference? Ok, the new starter goes down, you want the next man up to be marco again? Nah phuck that. Ill take a walk on who has respect.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Hate it for Marco, but he has no future in the NFL. There's no point in continuing to play him to get him tape for NFL scouts. The tape already tells them all they need to know.
NFL has more tape than they wanted to know about him. I agree with you....kid will NOT be playing on Sundays.

To be fair though--I couldn't care one way or the other regarding NFL. I detest it with passion so I'll likely never know if he were to play or not. Will not be watching in this lifetime or any other.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NFL has more tape than they wanted to know about him. I agree with you....kid will NOT be playing on Sundays.

To be fair though--I couldn't care one way or the other regarding NFL. I detest it with passion so I'll likely never know if he were to play or not. Will not be watching in this lifetime or any other.

Me either. I was only making the point that playing him to provide tape to the NFL scouts is meaningless at this point. It's time to give the young guys the reps.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Me either. I was only making the point that playing him to provide tape to the NFL scouts is meaningless at this point. It's time to give the young guys the reps.
I know what you meant---and agree 110%. I was only adding to just how little a chance he would have in the NFL....even with another 10 games under his belt. Kid ain't got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.