Kids these days will never know….

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I grew up a little later than you. By then the 80s had taken complete hold of everything. So I had one as well, but struggled to find a trapper keeper that didn’t have neon colors, some weird modern art design and generally look like a poster for a Winger concert. Still though, I can hear the Velcro and it immediately takes me back to middle school.
Yeah, when they first came out I was in elementary school and they were only basically in primary colors, and I dreamed of having one, just like the kids with badass, supercool, Puma Clyde shoes (but funny thing was, the blue dye in the Puma Clyde's ran when it rained, so, joke was on the cool kids!). As for Winger, they were the original Nickleback!

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, when they first came out I was in elementary school and they were only basically in primary colors, and I dreamed of having one, just like the kids with badass, supercool, Puma Clyde shoes (but funny thing was, the blue dye in the Puma Clyde's ran when it rained, so, joke was on the cool kids!). As for Winger, they were the original Nickleback!

In orange and blue, in case you ever want to trade in the mandals.

iu

Alex.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I grew up a little later than you. By then the 80s had taken complete hold of everything. So I had one as well, but struggled to find a trapper keeper that didn’t have neon colors, some weird modern art design and generally look like a poster for a Winger concert. Still though, I can hear the Velcro and it immediately takes me back to middle school.
Snap Poll:

Which Trapper Keeper did SoFla choose:

iu

iu

iu

Alex.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I'll put this one here because we're in the digital age, but the cold/flu thread made me think about it...

Not wanting to go to school, so I'd take the mercury thermometer (oral only, no ghey anal of course) and hold it next to/touch a good ole environment killing 100w light bulb which would rocket the mercury up, then carefully shake the thermometer down to an acceptable temperature level of proper "fever" and take it to Mom. It worked. She never gave me a wink or questioned it, never got the chance to ask her if she knew (and I'm guessing she had to know, but maybe not), but the couple of times I did it (elementary/junior high years), she called in sick for me.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I'll put this one here because we're in the digital age, but the cold/flu thread made me think about it...

Not wanting to go to school, so I'd take the mercury thermometer (oral only, no ghey anal of course) and hold it next to/touch a good ole environment killing 100w light bulb which would rocket the mercury up, then carefully shake the thermometer down to an acceptable temperature level of proper "fever" and take it to Mom. It worked. She never gave me a wink or questioned it, never got the chance to ask her if she knew (and I'm guessing she had to know, but maybe not), but the couple of times I did it (elementary/junior high years), she called in sick for me.
You’re lucky; my mom was an RN who didn’t fall for any BS. And I even had the advantage of watching two older siblings to see what didn’t work.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Same

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You’re lucky; my mom was an RN who didn’t fall for any BS. And I even had the advantage of watching two older siblings to see what didn’t work.

Same with mine. Not a nurse, but not easily tricked and didn’t believe anyone was ever sick. As I’ve mentioned, had to beg her all day to take me in for appendicitis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator