Kids these days will never know….

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
It is the boiling for hours and hours and the using rags and fine mesh filters to get all the debri out of the juice that makes it cane syrup. We were taking samples of the stuff as it hardened on the kettle. Just like candy. You actually strain it as it comes out of the grinder into a wash tub. Then the boiling process of like 50 gallons of juice where we keep wiping the rim where the bad stuff settles then we use strainers to pick off other stuff off the rolling boil (can burn the shttt out of you) then that 50 gallons boils down to just a few gallons of syrup when it hits 228 degrees. And then we strain that through 4 pieces of cheese cloth. I have three cases of pints if you need a jar.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Nothing ruins your pancake breakfast more than the sticky syrup running down the side of the bottle making your fingers stick to the fork.
under control paper GIF by Paddington Bear

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
It is the boiling for hours and hours and the using rags and fine mesh filters to get all the debri out of the juice that makes it cane syrup. We were taking samples of the stuff as it hardened on the kettle. Just like candy. You actually strain it as it comes out of the grinder into a wash tub. Then the boiling process of like 50 gallons of juice where we keep wiping the rim where the bad stuff settles then we use strainers to pick off other stuff off the rolling boil (can burn the shttt out of you) then that 50 gallons boils down to just a few gallons of syrup when it hits 228 degrees. And then we strain that through 4 pieces of cheese cloth. I have three cases of pints if you need a jar.
So, it's the human finger boiled for hours, got it! I assume the cheese cloth catches any bones/finger nails.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
me too, brother, me too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.