Kids these days will never know….

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Where is this Lowes at exactly? I’m trying to do the math on whether or not it’s worth a drive up. And how close are you to the state line? Kentucky and I are not exactly simpatico, so I’d like to be in and out. Thanks.
Let’s keep this between you and me and don’t tell Seedy but I just got $500 worth of plants for $250 on clearance. This is a little embarrassing but the manager pulled me aside and said, “hey, I recognize you. You’re a regular.” I’ve stopped by every day this week looking for clearance plants and hadn’t found what I was looking for. Then she proceeded to take me to the expensive tropicals she hadn’t put on clearance yet. She let me take my pick. Not sure if I’m flattered or embarrassed.

Seedy

Totally not CDGator
Oct 17, 2020
Let’s keep this between you and me and don’t tell Seedy but I just got $500 worth of plants for $250 on clearance. This is a little embarrassing but the manager pulled me aside and said, “hey, I recognize you. You’re a regular.” I’ve stopped by every day this week looking for clearance plants and hadn’t found what I was looking for. Then she proceeded to take me to the expensive tropicals she hadn’t put on clearance yet. She let me take my pick. Not sure if I’m flattered or embarrassed.
What part of Spending Moratorium do you not understand?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Hey, if anyone’s interested and willing to drive, all Lowe’s locations in KY have a 75% off sale this weekend on all tropical plants!

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I was lamenting to Seedy that I put back some plants that I wish I had purchased. Can we go back home? Just thought of a place for them. He was not amused. :lol:

View attachment 56879

View attachment 56880
Its still freezing here at night so my garage is filled with geraniums ready to be planted. Those things stink and everytime I drop a wrench on them my wife gets annoyed.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Gorgeous country! The kids weren’t too enamored though. After we saw the first elk, they wouldn’t even get out of the car again. Years later I heard our daughter tell a friend that she wants to go back to CO - she likes the vibes out there. :lol:

View attachment 56817
Don't let her. The "vibes" in Colorado are all bad for normal humans.

Sorry, I am now hanging out on my property in Wyoming and drinking prolifically! If I can find a way to make a living here, I am moving sooner than retirement.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Mrs. Altitude has been planting veggies. And, of course, it is still too cold for them to be outside. So...our bedroom picture window AND our master bath jet tub are full of terrariums and baby plants. WAY more than we have room to plant, so now I have to give up my trailer parking spot to build and install more planter boxes.

Good news is that she managed to get some really good starter pablanos and Hatch chilis going.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Maybe it’s Maybeline(or jaundice).
Maybellene, why can't you be true?
Oh, Maybellene, why can't you be true?
You done started doing the things you used to do
As I was motivatin' over the hill
I saw Maybellene in a Coupé de Ville

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Mrs. Altitude has been planting veggies. And, of course, it is still too cold for them to be outside. So...our bedroom picture window AND our master bath jet tub are full of terrariums and baby plants. WAY more than we have room to plant, so now I have to give up my trailer parking spot to build and install more planter boxes.

Good news is that she managed to get some really good starter pablanos and Hatch chilis going.
D966F92D-342F-4D96-BBF4-35E46335CD07.jpeg

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Found the perfect weeder for you.

Check your local Lowes for availability

It's... Beautiful.
Its Beautiful Reaction GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.