Kids these days will never know….

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
my thumbs up smilie is gone. Anyone else in same kayak
Depending on phone vs tablet vs computer... it's a mess Coach... sometimes I see broken icon, sometimes question mark... on my phone I don't even have a question mark or anything for "like"... it's like one of your botched attempts at quoting someone! :lol:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Everything looks perfectly fine for me
iu

Alex.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

We were tent camping about two years ago near the Rocky Mountain National Park (Estes Park). They have those bear proof storage bins in each campsite.
So we packed everything in there and went to sleep. About 11pm or so I hear some heavy breathing about three feet behind my head and not the good kind. A bear was standing right outside our tent sniffing the fabric to see if we had any food in it.
That was the quietist I’ve ever been in my life.

He/she/they/Yogi/Smokey/Cocaine then lumbered over to the storage bin and shook that thing before moving on to the next site.

Sphincter clenching but we were told by the ranger the next day that it was most likely just a black bear.
“Oh, ok - well then, no worries”
:eek3:

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
We were tent camping about two years ago near the Rocky Mountain National Park (Estes Park). They have those bear proof storage bins in each campsite.
So we packed everything in there and went to sleep. About 11pm or so I hear some heavy breathing about three feet behind my head and not the good kind. A bear was standing right outside our tent sniffing the fabric to see if we had any food in it.
That was the quietist I’ve ever been in my life.

He/she/they/Yogi/Smokey/Cocaine then lumbered over to the storage bin and shook that thing before moving on to the next site.

Sphincter clenching but we were told by the ranger the next day that it was most likely just a black bear.
“Oh, ok - well then, no worries”
:eek3:
Well, a black bear generally won't consume you totally so you can be identified. Without sifting through scat. We have friends that moved to Estes Park so they could be close to the Elk rut and hear the bugling every year. Dumbest reason to up stakes and move I have ever heard. Nice folks though.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I've heard from several guides and outfitters that, barring a sow protecting her cubs, if a black bear attacks you it's because they are very hungry, desperate and plan on eating you. A brown or grizzly likely views you as a threat or wants to take the animal you just shot from you. Either way they generally leave you be after running you off or neutralizing you.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Depending on phone vs tablet vs computer... it's a mess Coach... sometimes I see broken icon, sometimes question mark... on my phone I don't even have a question mark or anything for "like"... it's like one of your botched attempts at quoting someone! :lol:
I thought it was potluck?

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Well, a black bear generally won't consume you totally so you can be identified. Without sifting through scat. We have friends that moved to Estes Park so they could be close to the Elk rut and hear the bugling every year. Dumbest reason to up stakes and move I have ever heard. Nice folks though.
My avatar is from the golf course in the middle of Estes Park!

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
You live around there or just go there to golf and run from rutting elk?
I live about 45 minutes away. We go up from time to time t..to get taffy from the local candy store up there. They make it fresh with the puller in the window. My wife is a fan. I go look at the elk!

Edit: damn keyboard battery just died!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator