Kyle Pitts breaks all TE rookie records

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
As a Dolphin fan I should not have enjoyed this play. However, I was watching the game with two idiot Cane fan buddies of mine who had both insisted I was being a homer back when I was saying we should draft Pitts with the #3 overall pick. So, after this play, I slowly turned and stared them down. No words were spoken. They dropped their eyes and looked at the floor in well-deserved humiliation.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As a Dolphin fan I should not have enjoyed this play. However, I was watching the game with two idiot Cane fan buddies of mine who had both insisted I was being a homer back when I was saying we should draft Pitts with the #3 overall pick. So, after this play, I slowly turned and stared them down. No words were spoken. They dropped their eyes and looked at the floor in well-deserved humiliation.

I think the point of this is clear, that you are very bad at choosing friends.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"He’s on pace for 1,335 yards, which would be a rookie record for a tight end"

That's right, about twice his best year at UF under DanBall.

AS A ROOKIE. Who "doesn't know the playbook" and should be sitting for three years. Amazing that he couldnt learn the playbook his first two years at UF, but somehow learned the NFL playbook (which of course is 100% different than Mullinz middle school offense) in a few weeks.

Wanna bet this wont be his best year?

I really can't think of anyone who has misused more elite talent than Douchebag Dan. Mostly people are ecstatic when they find one of these generational players. Dan's stuffs them down the depth chart and tries to save them for some other year.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

AS A ROOKIE. Who "doesn't know the playbook" and should be sitting for three years. Amazing that he couldnt learn the playbook his first two years at UF, but somehow learned the NFL playbook (which of course is 100% different than Mullinz middle school offense) in a few weeks.

I really can't think of anyone who has misused more elite talent than Douchebag Dan. Mostly people are ecstatic when they find one of these generational players. Dan's stuffs them down the depth chart and tries to save them for some other year.
Someone told Dan that the season ended with a prom. Saving it for the prom

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

I must take exception to you calling Cousin Eddie's play book a middle school offense. I actually played middle school football long, long ago and was the starting QB. You would be correct in now assuming we were not very good!. Be that as it may, our middle school offense had real play calls and not just a no huddle, everyone do a 5 yard hook or a 5 yard slant. We had real play calls as I remember like "Strong Right, I-Formation 28 toss sweep on 2". Or "2 Tights, Wishbone, 45 Counter on 3" How dare you think Cousin Eddie has this intricate of an offense!!!!! All Cousin Eddie has is "Shotgun, QB Power Right, Middle or Left"

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What is Felipe's 40 time.?
I guess he can put on the extra weight.?
Does he have the toughness.?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The most insulting thing about 2020, while the Mullenites were creaming their pants because look how Mullen changed his offense for one year. Is that the two guys who left in the 1st round were just as talented and were on the roster in 2018 and 2019 while sitting on the bench. Disco Dan was so rigid in his offensive scheme he left the better quarterback on the bench, and when he did play him he was still trying to use him in the option.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The most insulting thing about 2020, while the Mullenites were creaming their pants because look how Mullen changed his offense for one year. Is that the two guys who left in the 1st round were just as talented and were on the roster in 2018 and 2019 while sitting on the bench. Disco Dan was so rigid in his offensive scheme he left the better quarterback on the bench, and when he did play him he was still trying to use him in the option.
Pitts was the starting TE in 2019. Toney improved his route running quite bit from '19 to '20 but even Mullen was saying he needed to get him the ball more back then. There was also a fair bit of talent at the position in '19 (Jefferson, Swain, etc.) To your other point though the whole Franks over Trask thing was unbelievably thick headed and foolish.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The most insulting thing about 2020, while the Mullenites were creaming their pants because look how Mullen changed his offense for one year. .
he didn't change anything. he still ran his option bull**** 45% of the time... with Kyle Fuchsing Trash. The kid was money from 10 to 20 yards, but ****ing douchebag wants to running on quarterback keepers or zone reads instead, tO eStAbLiSh tHe RuN!

There was some slight change to the playbook a few more complicated passing schemes but mostly earlier in the year. or at least things we hadn't seen before. I don't even believe Mullen did that. By the end of year we pretty much went away from it and back to straight Danball.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@nflrums: #Falcons Kyle Pitts is having one of the best rookie seasons ever at TE. #DirtyBirds

Pitts needs 48 yards to set the rookie TE record.

Kyle Pitts: 847 receiving yards

#Giants Jeremy Shockey: 894 receiving yards

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
@nflrums: #Falcons Kyle Pitts is having one of the best rookie seasons ever at TE. #DirtyBirds

Pitts needs 48 yards to set the rookie TE record.

Kyle Pitts: 847 receiving yards

#Giants Jeremy Shockey: 894 receiving yards

Three more games to go... including Detroit.
He'll crush it

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.