Lane Kiffin spurns Auburn, signs extension

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I really don't think he cares about winning a Natty. I really don't. I think he wants to make as much money as possible. The fans at Auburn are going to eat him alive.

Maybe so on the money. Auburn can/will pay better. Maybe so on the fans, too, but with the crap product Auburn has suffered through the past several years, 8-9 wins the first few seasons buys him some time, IMO.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Because it's a "splash hire" that will get the fans excited for the first year. Not so much the second year. He doesn't recruit worth a sh!t at any point in his tenure, because he hates recruiting and that's backed up by every HS coach hating his guts.

By the third year, they are wondering how much longer they have to look at his pouty face, but by the end of that year Kiffin makes it easy for them by taking another job, leaving the cupboard bare and the program in shambles.

My wife can't stand him and is dismayed by this possibility. Over the years, he constantly coached his players to fake a cramp whenever Auburn was driving the field and had the defense on their heels. He LOVES that cheating move. Pisses her off royally.
Who does your wife, or you, think they should hire?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I have no idea what will happen but at Ole Piss Lame has Free "Reign" of the program. At the Barn, Lame will have "Jimmy Rane". Lame will learn fast they are not the same thing.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I zoomed in. Looks nice.
Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

Alex.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
He’s fun to have around the league and maybe just maybe he will be a thorn in Side of Ga. Especially if Auburn stays as one of GA’s permanent opponents.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I really don't think he cares about winning a Natty. I really don't. I think he wants to make as much money as possible. The fans at Auburn are going to eat him alive.
Pretty much dead on. As soon as things go south, an issue, Kiffy knocking up a staffer they will turn on him and go full out carnivore. Both he and the Auburn machine have a documented history. When one is done with their current situation, they cut ties and bolt. And in many circumstances are waiting for the shoe to drop and the paperwork is already completed and waiting.

What's funny is that it may be a troll game by the media in Starkville before the upcoming egg bowl. Problem is Kiffy has too much of a history to believe that it isn't true.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ole Miss fans are on Twitter begging him to stay. That may change if he loses to Miss. State on Thanksgiving. Ole Miss has lost three of its last four, all to SEC West foes.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ole Miss fans are on Twitter begging him to stay. That may change if he loses to Miss. State on Thanksgiving. Ole Miss has lost three of its last four, all to SEC West foes.
Ole Miss fans know they aren't going to do any better, as they know they aren't or ever will be SEC title contenders. He at least brings the program some attention.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I think Kiffen runs a dynamic offense that scores a lot of points and, is qb friendly.

I think he changed a lot, not all, a lot of the perceptions of his “character” over the last three seasons at Ol Miss.

It seems like, Ol Miss and Miss State for that matter, always cone up with these type coaches that win just enough to stay in the middle of the pack in the SEC.
They just don’t have the resources, facilities etc., to be in the same level as Bama, LSU and yes, traditionally Auburn.

If I had anything to do with hiring a new coach at Auburn, he would get an interview.
He has appeal, he’s nationally known, he scores, he wins and he is somewhat “professional”.
My biggest concern would be recruiting.

Outside of Freeze and possibly giving Cadillac 2 years, I would take Kiffen.

I do think he could win and win big at Auburn. If he would get it together in recruiting and play nice with the High School coaches, he would be a threat in the west.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ole Miss fans know they aren't going to do any better, as they know they aren't or ever will be SEC title contenders. He at least brings the program some attention.

Therein lies at least a partial motive for him to jump ship. Kiffin is a lazy recruiter and Auburn sells itself that much better. It's a destination job. There's a gaudy figure over eight years being speculated this morning. If true, it would be difficult for him to turn down.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Caddie pulls the upset, that will spice things up quite a bit.
Even if Auburn won by 40, there is a below zero chance Cadillac is hired on as head coach. It's a bad idea and everyone knows it. The AD has to pretend like he's considering it, but there's no way he is.

Nor should he be considered. If Cadillac wants to be a head coach, he needs to start with a small school like all the others.

tharber

Oct 10, 2020
Lame just needs the ego boost to try to compete with daddy Nick. I think it would be a mistake for Auburn to hire him but it would energize the fan base for a year or two before he lets them down again.

I like Cadillac but god love him he is not prepared to run a program this size. I'd keep him on board and let him grow and recruit but not wear the visor.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Even if Auburn won by 40, there is a below zero chance Cadillac is hired on as head coach. It's a bad idea and everyone knows it. The AD has to pretend like he's considering it, but there's no way he is.

Nor should he be considered. If Cadillac wants to be a head coach, he needs to start with a small school like all the others.
so....Miami? :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator