Lane Kiffin spurns Auburn, signs extension

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
This breaks my heart. Was hoping he'd be around at the end of next year. Auburn is about to be really competitive
Imo I thought Kiffin was a stretch. Auburn in not worth leaving Ole Piss.

Freeze going from Liberty to Auburn will be a shock. He is not calling the shots on the Plaines.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kiffin to A&M - they plan to fire Dumbo after the 2023 season...

I heard it from an anonymous source (me). Give me my 15 minutes of fame.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kiffy & I had a deal. If I start the rumor, we will split the money he gets in his next raise.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This is gonna be the longest 11 minutes of my life.

Btw, preemptive “no she didn’t/no you didn’t”.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Freeze is nuts if he gets in that Auburn quagmire.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Freeze and Auburn are a perfect match.
I didn't want to see this, it seems we went head to head with Freeze quite a bit in recruiting and it never went well for us.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't want to see this, it seems we went head to head with Freeze quite a bit in recruiting and it never went well for us.
Everything has changed with NIL. It's hard to know if Freeze will have the kind of recruitment success he had in the past. At any rate, I think it's a good hire (and it's certainly who my wife wants).

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well…. He was hiring hookers for the kids… so there’s that

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I think Ole Miss is a better spot for Kiffy than the Barn. Not saying it is a better job, but better for Kiffy. Recruiting has changed due to the NIL as everyone knows, so Kiffy was a lazy recruiter even before NIL. But Kiffy sits in a perfect transfer destination for guys who might be highly recruited to other places either for NIL or b/c they think they can play. And when mnany of these guys don;t work out, Kiffy can pick them off the waiver wire and not have to coddle them during the reecruting process.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
I think Ole Miss is a better spot for Kiffy than the Barn. Not saying it is a better job, but better for Kiffy. Recruiting has changed due to the NIL as everyone knows, so Kiffy was a lazy recruiter even before NIL. But Kiffy sits in a perfect transfer destination for guys who might be highly recruited to other places either for NIL or b/c they think they can play. And when mnany of these guys don;t work out, Kiffy can pick them off the waiver wire and not have to coddle them during the reecruting process.

Kiffy?

:rainbow:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I am going to throw out another name, not specifically for the Barn job, but perhaps for something a bit down the road. Cliff Kingsbury. I do not think he is long for the NFL. And some school might give a lot of credence initially to NFL experience and not consider his so so time at TTech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.