Latest CFP rankings

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
What Mullen's done in his first year is very reminiscent of what Pell did in 1980. A complete reversal of fortunes.

If Mullen recruits half as good as Pell did, we'll be okay. Any better and we could be onto something special.

Yeah, you nailed it about the turn around with both coaches. I just hope DM doesn't subscribe to the same tactics Pell was infamous for in the recruiting arena, or anything else pertaining to NCAA rules for that matter. I remember Charley got nailed for practice violations (went into pads too soon) before his first season at UF even began. Don't get me wrong, I loved Pell and the intensity, and drive to win, he brought to a program that had been run into the ground by Doug Dickey.

Pell did however learn his trade at the knee of the Bear, and needless to say, he had a less than awed reverence for the rules - as did his mentor. But I'll never forget the thrilling turn around he accomplished, and the way he re-invented UF FB. I recall that there was a joke going around at the time that Pell could buy more talent with a sack full of cheeseburgers and a small bag of nickels than Ted Turner could with 10 million dollars. That being in the early days of the Turner era, the brilliance that was to come had not yet developed - hence the unflattering comparison.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I really wasn’t that worried about this game until FSU won in miraculous fashion last week. I thought it was a bad omen.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I've been eagerly awaiting beating F$U to break the bowl streak. However, now I'm concerned that even at 5-7 (provided we win) that they'll get one of the scrub bowls desperate to fill a spot. I has a sad.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
So far this season, every game (that wasn't Idaho or CSU) I felt like we would lose we ended up winning. Every game I felt like we would win, we lost. So ... I am feeling good about this weekend because I am feeling bad about this weekend.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Another reminder.

Pass defense ----> 118th

Team rushing ----> 126th

These are some of the worst FSU numbers in years, maybe the worst during my time.

Exploit it, Gators.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, you nailed it about the turn around with both coaches. I just hope DM doesn't subscribe to the same tactics Pell was infamous for in the recruiting arena,

or anything else pertaining to NCAA rules for that matter. I remember Charley got nailed for practice violations (went into pads too soon) before his first season at UF even began. Don't get me wrong, I loved Pell and the intensity, and drive to win, he brought to a program that had been run into the ground by Doug Dickey
Imagine if he had to pay recruits to get a couple of flips from Cowbell and a handful of other bluechippers.

:lmao2:

We have one Florida Top 50 recruit. Hopefully the price isnt to high if we are indeed paying these kids. I sure wouldnt want to pay much.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Another reminder.

Pass defense ----> 118th

Team rushing ----> 126th

These are some of the worst FSU numbers in years, maybe the worst during my time.

Exploit it, Gators.
There's not a lot of room for these rankings to go much lower.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Imagine if he had to pay recruits to get a couple of flips from Cowbell and a handful of other bluechippers.

:lmao2:

We have one Florida Top 50 recruit. Hopefully the price isnt to high if we are indeed paying these kids. I sure wouldnt want to pay much.

The mind boggles. Of course in my case, that's not unusual.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
So far this season, every game (that wasn't Idaho or CSU) I felt like we would lose we ended up winning. Every game I felt like we would win, we lost. So ... I am feeling good about this weekend because I am feeling bad about this weekend.

upload_2018-11-21_9-39-55.gif

Jun 2, 2015
I too have a really bad feeling about the FSU game. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe it's just because it's been so long but...idk. They have more talent, are at home and it's a rivalry. It seems like that negates a lot of our coaching advantage

Just hope FSU is not peaking as they played well last Saturday. But, don't worry, if things don't greatly improve, you will have a 99.99% chance of beating the 'Canes next season. We seem to be one hot mess & just reportedly had one of our divas leave after arguing with a coach & demanding more PT. Regardless, you can't let the inmates run the asylum.

They seem to forget the cost/value of a college education, but unfortunately most only play college football as a means to get into the NFL. Good luck Saturday and hope the Gator players will keep FSU out of a bowl. Wow, but that would be sweet. As a 'Cane fan have had a miserable season and apparently am having to enjoy college football season vicariously thru other teams.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
FWIW
10e28c103b91709bda86ae349122ff54.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

It will be Bama, Clemson, OSU, and ND in the playoffs. Nobody is beating Bama this year. They’re going to thump Jawga by 3 TDS in the SECCG.

I’d like to see Clemson or OSU beat Bama but I don’t think it’s happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator