LSU is in free fall....Miles out?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Les' buyout is insane.

Report: Les Miles could be coaching for his job over final 2 games

"If Miles is terminated without cause before Jan. 1, he would be owed $15 million, payable over eight years (twice the time remaining on his current contract). His assistants would have to be paid roughly an additional $2 million for six months salary (thanks to the “Les Miles clause” in their contracts) for a total buyout of $17 million.

It’s a staggering sum, but apparently not a deal breaker."

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Where are all the Miles defenders from earlier in the season?

He lost two games and people are acting like he is the next coming of chump. Is he a top five coach in the country? No. But is he a top tier coach, yes.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Two coaches that stick out, to me, are Richt and Malzahn. One of them will lose a big game every year when they should be dominating based off of their recruits. The other has a JV, trickery loaded, lineman downfield illegally offense.

The jury is out on Fisher. Historically mediocre but caught lightning in a bottle with Winston. He's able to get away with a lot of things because he is in the A-she -she

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If LSU fires Miles, they are some serious dumb @sses. Miles is a great head coach. Tricky sum beech. But a fine head coach.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He lost two games and people are acting like he is the next coming of chump. Is he a top five coach in the country? No. But is he a top tier coach, yes.

It's two games, but there is also almost always two games. Les shouldn't be on the hot seat, for these two games. But he now has a history. Winning some games due to his ability to know the perfect time to take a chance which more often then not works in his favor (best in the nation in this regard), but also losing games with a team that looks completely unprepared for that game.

But Les is good for College Football and I hope he stays. To question if he is meeting expectations is valid with the expectations of talent and what other teams have done in that division. I would be understandable that after a decade there. The standard in the SEC is high, and with the talent he has had it's a valid question on if they have already gotten the best out of Miles.

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Miles would be a perfect fit at VT if the Corndogs were stupid enough to fire him, which, they are of course.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I like Les, as much as he pisses me off on fakes I still like having him in our conference.

IF LSU were to fire him, there is no upgrade. They'll set their program back. That's the decision they face, IMO = accept lifetime 2nd or 3rd place in the West or fire him and drop to 3-4-5th in the West.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
I was hearing Jimbo's name the most, many of their fans say LSU is his dream job. I think they're crazy but you never know. I think they're finally done because he's lost like 5 straight to Saban, he's becoming the Richt of the west as long as Saban is there. I personally think Saban is gone after this year though, I think he tries his hand at the NFL again so if they keep Les at least through next year he might change their minds. They are going to be so sorry if they let him go and get a Champ type coach, I don't think they remember what it's like to have a coach that barely gets you bowl eligible every year.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The buy out is 15 million over 8 years per Matt on AFR. That's less than 2 million a year. Very affordable.

If we give him 15 mil, he retires, and we get Jimbo, then this will all have been worth it.

This guy is the epitome of getting ripped off.

There's only one team in the SEC that has more talent and is obviously better coached than us, and that's Alabama. So yes, we Should win 11 or 12 games every year. Losing to Arkansas is not acceptable IMO.

Last edited:

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Hanagriff on Radio Just Now(Posted on 11/16/15 at 11:31 am)
uArw.png
dArw.png
Paraphrasing: He said that donors have said they have the money now if they wanted to buy him out and the difference between the money this year and next is not substantial. He also said for the first time he feels Miles is in trouble.

Said fatigue is a real issue here. We know what happens once that sets in, aka Meyer at Florida.

Maybe Miles will fake a heart attack and retire.

Dude, this really was our best chance to take the SEC. Alabama had lost their entire offense, their secondary wasn't going to be any better...This was it.

If you think Alabama is going to be an easier team to beat next year, you're delusional.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of speculation re Jimbo returning to Baton Rouge.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mark Richt has squandered a lot of talent also.

Mark Richt would be the top of the list of current coaches in the SEC who had underperformed with the talent they have. Their have been at least 3 teams in his tenure that had the talent to play for a National Title, and they are just happy for a SEC East Champion when they got that. Les has underperformed, but Richt is in a category all to himself in that department.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As an SEC and college football fan, I love Miles and I think he is good for the game because is a true character. Considering that college football just lost it's biggest character (SOS) I would hate to see him fired and I hope this is just internet crap.

If I was an LSU fan I might feel differently.
Let's be honest, the guy is a terrible game day coach.
He has had a long line of offensive talents that the NFL covets but can't seem to find a QB or a productive offense.
Even when he has one, he seems to mismanage the situation.

I still haven't reconciled that ridiculous performance in the national championship game against Bama a few years back.
- His QB partied all week and the team leaders went to Miles to complain and he basically suspended them versus dealing with the issue.
- During the game it was clear that his QB was completely lost but Miles refused to switch even though the game was not quite out of reach.
- If I didn't know any better, I would think he was intentionally throwing the game.

This is one example of true incompetence as a coach and as a leader. All the trick plays in the world will not make up for him tanking a national championship game.
Maybe LSU fan has grown weary of the annual hype followed by disappointment followed by the NFL draft being an LSU celebration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.