LSU is in free fall....Miles out?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Assuming this happens (and I think it will)...

Plenty of talk about LSU replacements (I'll throw Richt into that list, just for laffs)

Let me ask - where do we think Les would land next? Texas makes sense, if Strong and TX part ways (can't say which would be the one to make the decision). Maybe going back to the B1G somewhere? He feels like a B1G guy to me still. I don't think he'd fit MIA, but he is still a power5 coach, IMO.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Assuming this happens (and I think it will)...

Plenty of talk about LSU replacements (I'll throw Richt into that list, just for laffs)

Let me ask - where do we think Les would land next? Texas makes sense, if Strong and TX part ways (can't say which would be the one to make the decision). Maybe going back to the B1G somewhere? He feels like a B1G guy to me still. I don't think he'd fit MIA, but he is still a power5 coach, IMO.
Texas ain't gonna hire a guy that just got canned. I promise you that.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There is an outside chance that Sumlin would take the USC job. He's been rumored there before. If that happens does Les get a shot at A&M?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Les is out maybe LSU would look at Coach Mac.

He is under paid by SEC Standards.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There is an outside chance that Sumlin would take the USC job. He's been rumored there before. If that happens does Les get a shot at A&M?

Yes, and he definitely knows how to recruit that area.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If texas fired strong, and lsu fired les, texas would not be interested in les. They will be targeting Tom Herman and for good reason. He's in state, already endeared himself in the houston area, winning big, is a great offensive mind (which is what they are salivating for) and would be a young and hot up and comer that would put texas back on the map and keep them there for a good period. Miles is a has been, even Texas wont be that dumb this time around.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When has he ever had to pull talent out of California?

T read the question at the end of the previous post, Miles at A&M. Miles has been recruiting Texas since he got to LSU.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I think Miles being fired is a done deal at this point, not sure how you can walk back from where this already is.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Very strange situation going on here. Everyone says they have a source saying he is gone, and not one is denying it. There has not been the dreaded vote of confidence from the AD or President at LSU. LSU deserves to be in the dump for a decade if they let Les go.

Gatorhunter

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Now they are saying an announcement of his status will be made after the season finale. Why would you need to make an announcement if you were keeping the guy there? If those reports are accurate, he's likely gone.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LS
Now they are saying an announcement of his status will be made after the season finale. Why would you need to make an announcement if you were keeping the guy there? If those reports are accurate, he's likely gone.
LSU beat writer Glenn Guilbeau was on Sirius channel 84 this morning with Zarzou and McElroy. He confirmed this. A decision has been made, but it would be released at a later date. He speculated that LSU already has their next guy. This is all pretty crazy.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
LS

LSU beat writer Glenn Guilbeau was on Sirius channel 84 this morning with Zarzou and McElroy. He confirmed this. A decision has been made, but it would be released at a later date. He speculated that LSU already has their next guy. This is all pretty crazy.
Well if a decision has been made, and they wont say what the decision is until after Saturday, the decision is hes gone. If the report isnt exactly correct and what is accurate is only that a decision will be announced after Saturday, then hes basically gone as well b/c if they are waiting to make a decision based off the teams final game performance, then deep down they have already made the decision. Sounds like he's a goner.

My money says they are on the phone with that dude from Memphis. Would make a lot of sense. Really good young coach, good offense (what they really want), familiar with the area and recruiting.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well if a decision has been made, and they wont say what the decision is until after Saturday, the decision is hes gone. If the report isnt exactly correct and what is accurate is only that a decision will be announced after Saturday, then hes basically gone as well b/c if they are waiting to make a decision based off the teams final game performance, then deep down they have already made the decision. Sounds like he's a goner.

My money says they are on the phone with that dude from Memphis. Would make a lot of sense. Really good young coach, good offense (what they really want), familiar with the area and recruiting.

Could be looking at Larry Fedora as well. OC for both Florida and Oklahoma State. Recruited the area while HC at Southern Mississippi and has done a decent job in a bad situation at UNC. Offensive minded.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Could be looking at Larry Fedora as well. OC for both Florida and Oklahoma State. Recruited the area while HC at Southern Mississippi and has done a decent job in a bad situation at UNC. Offensive minded.
Thats a definite possiblity, personally i dont think fedora is anything special, but i could see the argument being made.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Fuente is in negotiations with Virginia Tech

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.