LSU is in free fall....Miles out?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Looking at the ticker on bspn, I can't believe how public their discussions have become. Yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Like I've said before, USCe should back up the money truck if LSU fires the grass eater.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
This move is beyond retarded by LSU, can't believe its even a possibility. I can't think of any available coaches right off the top of my head that would be no-brainer home run hires. They will regret this like UT must regret firing Fulmer.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Could be looking at Larry Fedora as well. OC for both Florida and Oklahoma State. Recruited the area while HC at Southern Mississippi and has done a decent job in a bad situation at UNC. Offensive minded.
Timing is the issue there. Fedora isn't gonna leave his job in the middle of a playoff run.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This move is beyond retarded by LSU, can't believe its even a possibility. I can't think of any available coaches right off the top of my head that would be no-brainer home run hires. They will regret this like UT must regret firing Fulmer.
UT was already in decline, LSU is poised for a run next year

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Clemson will beat them and then he'll be available.
But he's surely not fielding offers right now. I just don't see them waiting until dec 5 to start looking.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But he's surely not fielding offers right now. I just don't see them waiting until dec 5 to start looking.

I'm sure his agent has been contacted if any of the schools with vacancies have a high interest in him. Better to get the right coach than worry about a recruiting class. Question is...is Fedora the right coach?

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Why can't Les Miles recruit a really good quarterback? The number one quarterback recruit in the nation is Shea Patterson out of Shreveport Calvary Baptist. He's heading to Ole Miss next year and not LSU. Miles always seems to come up short.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why can't Les Miles recruit a really good quarterback? The number one quarterback recruit in the nation is Shea Patterson out of Shreveport Calvary Baptist. He's heading to Ole Miss next year and not LSU. Miles always seems to come up short.
It's not a matter of him recruiting quarterbacks because he gets em there. He's just a terrible qb coach.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would imagine they're already putting out feelers through agents and intermediaries and will continue to do so past Dec. 5. That's only
It's not a matter of him recruiting quarterbacks because he gets em there. He's just a terrible qb coach.

I knew there was a reason why Driskel chose Louisiana Tech over LSU.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Well he had Feleipe Franks coming in. He just decommited and looks like he's coming over to the good guys.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Just like Freeze wasn't contacted by the AAU last year. Fedora might not be personally listening, but his agent is. Plenty of good coaches wait until after their regular season is over. LSU is a better job than UNC. Is he the right guy for the job? who knows. Would he listen to an offer from LSU, and does he have the skills in an area they have been deficient for a long time? yes.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My source just texted me the job is Chip Kelly's for the asking.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The question is if you are LSU do you put up with losing 2 to 3 game they should win, and do they believe they have gotten the best of Miles. If you take a chance to take the next step at least they are taking a shot. They have given Miles a decade. They can look at their conference and wonder if the new hires at Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Alabama, UF, are upgrades (coaches in the league since Miles started at LSU) and if they should do the same. They owe it to the university and their fan base to at least look at this point. Miles has had a good run, and been given a decade. If you take away LSU superior talent is Miles that good? He was 28-21 (16-16) at Oklahoma State.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The question is if you are LSU do you put up with losing 2 to 3 game they should win, and do they believe they have gotten the best of Miles. If you take a chance to take the next step at least they are taking a shot. They have given Miles a decade. They can look at their conference and wonder if the new hires at Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Alabama, UF, are upgrades and if they should do the same. They owe it to the university and their fan base to at least look at this point. Miles has had a good run, and been given a decade. If you take away LSU superior talent is Miles that good? He was 28-21 (16-16) at Oklahoma State.
But doesn't miles get some credit for bringing in that superior talent?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But doesn't miles get some credit for bringing in that superior talent?

He can recruit that area, but also LSU is the only big name in town for most of tenure there. More NFL talent has moved through LSU in the past decade than any other school in the nation. He has average 2.7 SEC losses a season and 3.2 total losses a season with in most seasons having superior talent than any team he faces. Alabama and UF should be the only two teams on his schedule with equal to superior talent and during most of tenure the only two teams that have had premier coaches (Saban and Meyer).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.