Luke Ancrum calls out Hevesy on twitter

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
@Renard904 , why are you getting so angry over this? Nobody is really disagreeing that its bad publicity, just stating the obvious ... Ancrum looks like a little cry baby. He definitely is a child ... a 23 yr old child. Nobody but Hev, Ancrum and maybe those around at the time who remember when (if) it was said so the context is unknown. Furthermore, it wasn't said yesterday, it was a while ago. Obvious troll is obvious ... Ancrum went undrafted and I don't believe he is even on a NFL practice squad. Seems like he is just lashing out at someone he had an issue with instead of looking in the mirror. I have been vocal against Hev on this board and got lambasted it for it, but this isn't one of those time.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We’re still arguing having no idea what Hevesy actually said. We’ve only heard one side of the story.

Doesn't matter what he said, the story is out there. This kid is a douche canoe, but the problem is the story become reality. Doesn't matter if we have only heard one side of the story, it's the fact it's out there. It's not right, but it's the information/social media era we live in.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
@Renard904 , why are you getting so angry over this? Nobody is really disagreeing that its bad publicity, just stating the obvious ... Ancrum looks like a little cry baby. He definitely is a child ... a 23 yr old child. Nobody but Hev, Ancrum and maybe those around at the time who remember when (if) it was said so the context is unknown. Furthermore, it wasn't said yesterday, it was a while ago. Obvious troll is obvious ... Ancrum went undrafted and I don't believe he is even on a NFL practice squad. Seems like he is just lashing out at someone he had an issue with instead of looking in the mirror. I have been vocal against Hev on this board and got lambasted it for it, but this isn't one of those time.
Lol... Are you really sensing anger? Well, I couldn't be further from angry. Just stating my point. Like I've said multiple times, I don't really care about this. I just thought it was a bad look.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't matter what he said, the story is out there. This kid is a douche canoe, but the problem is the story become reality. Doesn't matter if we have only heard one side of the story, it's the fact it's out there. It's not right, but it's the information/social media era we live in.
Not denying that, but we have no basis to trash Hevesy - we have no idea what he said and in what context.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Lol... Are you really sensing anger? Well, I couldn't be further from angry. Just stating my point. Like I've said multiple times, I don't really care about this. I just thought it was a bad look.

Not as bad of a look as throwing a twitter temper tantrum. Just saying ... which I have said many times. Trying counting to 10 before reacting next time.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
My cowbell friend tells the story on Hev right after he got there. Now, Starkville is in the buckle of the Bible Belt. At the end of the first quarter against some nobody and they are up a little, Hev has his starting 5 together on the bench and he goes on a tirade that was way past profane, obscene and halfway past vulgar. I mean bad enough to offend Andrew Dice Clay. The crowd was light and it was like the whole stadium heard, in graphic detail, the cause of each of the 5’s pedigree, and the atrocious result.
He was the same way all over town, the golf course, the Sunday country club brunch etc until the boosters had to go to Mullen and get him to tone it down a bit or find him a new home.
My friend got around him in some golf functions and get togethers, said the likely reason he couldn’t recruit for **** is that he is brutally honest and overall pretty pessimistic. The kind of guy that takes the life out of the room.
Could we do worse,yeah, probably do better as well. But it ain’t happening anytime soon. He did help put Bleich’s no blocking ass in the road, so that at least is a plus. Does the staff have issues, no doubt about it. But Hev is about 4-5 down the list.
Ancrum is a bitch.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks @Albert every staff has to have some mfer’s. Too many politicians and you’ve got congress.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Not as bad of a look as throwing a twitter temper tantrum. Just saying ... which I have said many times. Trying counting to 10 before reacting next time.
Would love to have met you at age 23. You must've been very well put together. But for me, I was in the Navy and was still very immature at that age. And clearly you're not gonna address my point so I guess we can end the convo here.

But I was never debating how mature or how accurate Ancrum's statements were. Just stating how I thought recruits may interpret this whole ordeal. I don't like to question a man's intellect, but surely you get that. But every reply is about Ancrum. Idgaf about him! Got it? But if Hev, whose already stinking it up on the trail, made these comments then he's wrong! Because I'm sure rival coaches are chomping at the bit to tell every recruit about this. That's my only point here.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Would love to have met you at age 23. You must've been very well put together. But for me, I was in the Navy and was still very immature at that age. And clearly you're not gonna address my point so I guess we can end the convo here.

But I was never debating how mature or how accurate Ancrum's statements were. Just stating how I thought recruits may interpret this whole ordeal. I don't like to question a man's intellect, but surely you get that. But every reply is about Ancrum. Idgaf about him! Got it? But if Hev, whose already stinking it up on the trail, made these comments then he's wrong! Because I'm sure rival coaches are chomping at the bit to tell every recruit about this. That's my only point here.

Who cares what you was doing at 23. If you cried it out on twitter I'd call you a twatwaffle no matter your age. And I am pretty much to the point of calling you a twatwaffle for defending a twatwaffle. Deny it all you want, but your words are there in your exchange with NV defending the twatwaffle. So ... you are a twatwaffle. There you go.

But to your point ... who cares ... you are dumping on Hev based on a twatwaffle's rant on Twitter. Like I originally said, and you neg rated minutes before your original post saying erbody is missing the point, Ancrum is coming off looking like a twatwaffle and it makes me like Hev more. Sorry. Not sorry ... but I do. I have a lot of issues with Hev, but in this situation I don't have an issue with Hev. He is an OL coach. He coaches the group of people that is assigned the job of hitting DL and LBs. Thats a tough job and if Ancrum is going to cry about something an OL coach told him years after it was said to him ... well ... twatwaffle.

I don't and will not jump to conclusions and make up a reality about what the context of the words that the twatwaffle is crying about. Its out there and done. When I was 23 I had already deployed to a combat zone twice and harsher things had been said to me. Like I said before ... but this time with a little extra added to it ... Ancrum and you sound like twatwaffles.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Instead of saying “hey man, you’re gonna end up in jail,” Hevesy could have said “hey man, you seem like the type of dumbass who will take potshots at coaches on Twitter when you leave the program.”

I can remember one helpful/memorable play in Ancrum’s career; the goal line interception at Tennessee that was basically thrown right in his hands. Seems he should appreciate the memories and degree and quietly move on.

Last edited:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Regarding Hevesy, I recall being at one of the open spring practices in 2018, he gave TJ McCoy the ass-chewing of his life. Hevesy was actually trying to control himself, likely because of the crowd at the open practice and not wanting to make a scene, which only seemed to piss him off more, because he couldn’t unload like he wanted. But he unloaded nonetheless. He was yelling but yelling with gritted teeth, about 2 inches from TJ’s face, slobbering all over the place, trying to keep his voice from traveling, but I specifically heard him say “that’s why you get your mfn ass stomped, because you don’t f’n get it right in practice.” Making it even more memorable, TJ’s Dad, former Gator great Tony was feet from me and heard everything I heard. It was awkward but awesome at the same time. I gained some respect for Hevesy and realized if nothing else, he has absolutely no problem kicking the living hell out of guys who were screwing up.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Making it even more memorable, TJ’s Dad, former Gator great Tony was feet from me and heard everything I heard. It was awkward but awesome at the same time.
Did Tony have a reaction?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did Tony have a reaction?

Just a cold, hard stare as it was happening. After practice, TJ and Tony walked off together and seemed fairly normal. The fact that it was an open practice and there were still hundreds of fans still lingering around muted the situation a lot.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If what @The Original DC describes turns you off, you probably don't have to worry much longer. That type of coaching will probably soon go the way of the buffalo. And it will be a shame in my opinion. The greatest parts of the game that translate to life is learning how to handle pressure, to get back up when you get knocked down, and to keep fighting until the end. You can't learn that sitting on couches drinking smoothies and talking about it. If you could, Jim MacElwain would be ready to begin his sixth season at UF after having won the previous 5 Nat'l Championships. Of course, when we one day fill the Swamp for the SEC Flag Football Conference games, there'll be no worries about hard @ss coaches chewing any little prima donna's out and hurting their feelings. The Skellie Pimps (who are exploiting a lot of kids in 7on7) might well be the guys who wind up coaching in the future. I hope not. I personally owe a lot to the game and the coaches that kicked my @ss. I might not have deserved all of them I got, but I sure needed them. Life don't take prisoners.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If what @The Original DC describes turns you off, you probably don't have to worry much longer. That type of coaching will probably soon go the way of the buffalo. And it will be a shame in my opinion. The greatest parts of the game that translate to life is learning how handle pressure, to get back up when you get knocked down, and to keep fighting until the end. .
Hell thats the way my little league coach reacted if we took a close pitch w 2 strikes.

His teams (baseball or football) werent always the most talented but we were the most disciplined. You got the fundamentals right, you were focused and you gave 100% or you sat. He always had SOMETHING you needed to work on or get better.

Too many pussies today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.