Mac got outrageous $7.5MM buyout

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
So... the mods here will change the name of threads willy-nilly? Interesting.

(I didn’t use the word “outrageous”)

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:bananawave: Good money following bad.......

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't get it....it's absolutely outrageous. Mac was more than just bad at his job - he set the program back YEARS with his incompetence. There was no discipline and no accountability from either the coaches or players; it was a failure at every level. He's a thief for accepting his salary, much less that ridiculous buyout.

UF should have given him nothing and said "sue me". I guarantee it would have cost them less than 7.5 million in the lawsuit. The evidence would have clearly shown he didn't fulfill his contractual obligations.

In the meantime, Mac is sitting on a pile of 100 dollar bills on a porch in Sh!tstain, Montana right now living it up. Screw you, Mac - I hope you choke on that money.

Are you going to be insufferable for the next 9 months?

Look, the way I look at it, all the UAA and other bootlickers were insistent that Ole Butterteeth deserved at least 2-3 more years. Basically, he got a little less than two years salary. It's worth it IMO. At least we didn't have that ignoramus destroying or program for two more years. I'm pretty sure he could have gotten us to 1-11 or 0-12.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I heard there is a rule that the mods can't change the name or merge without your consent.

I suggest you contact your attorney and threaten to sue.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

Yes, they like to keep thread titles "fresh" with the latest information (and leave you guessing where the thread went that you were reading before).

Additionally, you have to watch out for the occasional NavMerge of threads, but it is happening less these days.

There isn't as much editing or removal of posts, unless you post something out of bounds. Even than usually doesn't earn a ban unless you are persistent about it.

And I would suggest including the word "outrageous" as he isn't above doing these things himself, but the mods assuredly do it to his wishes for the site.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Yes, especially when they are boring and terrible. I have the final say on all thread titles.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Ox pretty much treats this place like he owns it and we all kinda humor him. It's really kind of fun once you get used to it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't get it....it's absolutely outrageous. Mac was more than just bad at his job - he set the program back YEARS with his incompetence. There was no discipline and no accountability from either the coaches or players; it was a failure at every level. He's a thief for accepting his salary, much less that ridiculous buyout.

UF should have given him nothing and said "sue me". I guarantee it would have cost them less than 7.5 million in the lawsuit. The evidence would have clearly shown he didn't fulfill his contractual obligations.

In the meantime, Mac is sitting on a pile of 100 dollar bills on a porch in Sh!tstain, Montana right now living it up. Screw you, Mac - I hope you choke on that money.

100%!

The old saying, "Do it right the first time" comes to mind here. Foley decided to go cheap....twice. And now we're paying for it. Imagine if we had hired a real coach in 2011. We'd probably still be a national power, probably would have a few SEC titles, and probably wouldn't have lost 7 of the last 8 to FSU. And the facilities would have already been fixed. But Foley going cheap ultimately cost us more in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.