Meyer says The Swamp is College Football's best atmosphere

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This argument doesn’t hold water when you see other schools have student sections who are just as crazy as they were 10, 20, 30 years ago. Those schools actually allow kids in that didn’t get 1600 on their SAT’s.

As he said though, that does have an impact. You don’t see that at any other southern school except TxA&M. Even Alabama players commented on it last year. Between the luxuries of cable, the weather for the first two months and the new student body, it was inevitable. The northern schools would face a lot of the same issues if the regular season extended into January, especially if they weren’t winning.

An easy solution would be, as suggested, cutting the students section. They clearly don’t want to be there, and I’d rather see kids and families that are never able to go, in their place. We’re forcing an issue.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
As he said though, that does have an impact. You don’t see that at any other southern school except TxA&M. Even Alabama players commented on it last year. Between the luxuries of cable, the weather for the first two months and the new student body, it was inevitable. The northern schools would face a lot of the same issues if the regular season extended into January, especially if they weren’t winning.

An easy solution would be, as suggested, cutting the students section. They clearly don’t want to be there, and I’d rather see kids and families that are never able to go, in their place. We’re forcing an issue.
Make the student section small and exclusive enough that the kids that really want to go are battling over the slots. You make sure every seat is filled with a lunatic that is thrilled to be there and had to fight for it.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Make the student section small and exclusive enough that the kids that really want to go are battling over the slots. You make sure every seat is filled with a lunatic that is thrilled to be there and had to fight for it.
Or give a midweek deadline for students to buy their tickets before they are offered to the public.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I say do one of those spelling bees. Only the catch is the further you go in the competition, the less likely your chances of getting a ticket. Win it all? Enjoy watching Bravo all day at home.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I remember as an undergrad being frustrated with the constraints on student section tickets. We were loud and rowdy. The alums had nothing on us. It’s a shame what it’s become. What will it be like in 20 years when the current students aren’t buying season tickets? Ghost town in the stadium.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I remember as an undergrad being frustrated with the constraints on student section tickets. We were loud and rowdy. The alums had nothing on us. It’s a shame what it’s become. What will it be like in 20 years when the current students aren’t buying season tickets? Ghost town in the stadium.

The “alumni” side (West) has always been restrained. I sat in John Reaves’ block of seats more than one time and was told to “sit down and shut up” a number of times. I had not been told this since grade school and wasn’t told this again until I got married.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I sat in John Reaves’ block of seats more than one time and was told to “sit down and shut up” a number of times.
Ridiculous.

We didn't sit the entire fvkking game and it was hotter than hell.

Heck, we snuck people in and I don't think it was physically possible to sit down bc there were extra people in the damn row.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Do they not still have a lottery for student tickets?
No clue how it works these days, but I seem to remember somebody posting within the last few seasons that the student tix are exclusive to students and never offered to the general public. Seems to me that unsold tix should at some point be offered to those who actually want to watch the Gators play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.