More on Stricklin, Grantham

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
You're totally right, I regret that post. lol My attempted point was in response to Ox as to the reason Stricklin hired Mullen, that his hand was forced since his first two options were gone, probably not so much due to boosters and the like. I've been a pretty big Mullen backer... and that's why I shouldn't post before coffee.

Lol. An emotionally mature person on a message board? Say it ain’t so!

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Kelly was shyt.

Frost just made a dumb decision. He would have been at least as effective as Mullinz here.
Being second innthe SEC East (= beating Kintucky) isnt particularly hard. Probably 50 teams could do it.

Although Frost too wanted to bring a garbage staff that isnt capable of being elite, he did at least have actual contacts w Florida coaches and recruits. I doubt the recruiting would have remained as poor as it has been the last 6 years.

You realize the last 2 classes have been top 10, addressed serious needs on the OL and DL, and the 2021 class sits ranked at 1 or 2 depending on which service you believe. All of this after a 4-7 year with 7-8 years of bring football.

His recruiting isn't sexy, but it's got teeth.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
One, the class that lost 40% before August isnt "Top" anything. It is arguably the worse class weve had in the decade.

Second, Top 10 doesnt mean shyt when it is 6th in the SEC and full of mediocre.

Third, 2021 is sitting at 11th in GPA and that is about where it will be when we're done, like always.

His recruiting is one degree better than Cowbell or Kintucky, and it looks like Timerc may soon leave us in the dust.

Yes there are less FIU players and more Cowbell, as should have been expected. Saban and Meyer wouldnt even look at 90% of these kids though. Quality Leftover U per Slevin and he is right.

A boring 60th ranked offense which has talented WRs and RBs fleeing from it doesnt impress me in the slightest either.

Wake me up when he is holding a championship trophy. I might as well be Rumpelstiltskin.

His recruiting has teeth alright, Butterteeth.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
One, the class that lost 40% before August isnt "Top" anything. It is arguably the worse class weve had in the decade.

Third, 2021 is sitting at 11th in GPA and that is about where it will be when we're done, like always.

His recruiting is one degree better than Cowbell or Kintucky, and it looks like Timerc may leave us in the dust.

A boring 60th ranked offense which has talented WRs and RBs fleeing from it doesnt impress me in the slightest either.

Wake me up when he is holding a championship trophy. I might as well be Rumpelstiltskin.

There seems to be some pessimism here. On the plus side, I'm quite certain this is the first time "Rumpelstiltskin" has ever been mentioned on Gatorchatter.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
You realize the last 2 classes have been top 10, addressed serious needs on the OL and DL, and the 2021 class sits ranked at 1 or 2 depending on which service you believe. All of this after a 4-7 year with 7-8 years of bring football.

His recruiting isn't sexy, but it's got teeth.

That 2019 class lost 5 kids before football season. Sorry, weak argument.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

His recruiting is one degree better than Cowbell or Kintucky, and it looks like Timerc may soon leave us in the dust.

Yes there are less FIU players and more Cowbell, as should have been expected. Saban and Meyer wouldnt even look at 90% of these kids though. Quality Leftover U per Slevin and he is right.

Who has a 60th ranked offense?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No one has ever heard of OFEI nor do we give a shyt that he kept most games close against shytty teams so his stats didnt get excluded as "garbage time" by some subjective reviewer.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
No one has ever heard of OFEI nor do we give a shyt that he kept most games close against shytty teams so his stats didnt get excluded as "garbage time" by some subjective reviewer.
Just because you are too stupid to understand it does not mean it is worthless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator