Mullen’s 2nd loss to Kentucky Presser: Admin rushes him out before questions asked

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's not true. We had more 5 star talent when Meyer left than we have now. How else do think the Chump could win 11 games, all of them without scoring 20 points.
you might as well be talking to a gin bottle.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That's not true. We had more 5 star talent when Meyer left than we have now. How else do think the Chump could win 11 games, all of them without scoring 20 points.
That’s not what I’m saying. That’s why I say not counting stars.

With Meyer, I’m saying we did not have a full stable. We did not have any RB that weighed more than 175.

With Chump he made it worse.

Then McStain took it to another level.

Mullen stabilized the situation relative to where we were.

I shudder to see what we’d be with Kelly.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
I don't think we could lose to Vandy even if Numbnuts was trying to lose, and I'm not completely sure he isn't at this point.
You can't outgain your opponents and guarantee a loss. You can only control the things you can.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Deflecting from the real point after an embarrassing loss that punctuated how far Florida has fallen from relevance may end up being Mullen’s Waterloo moment.

Who cares if you outgained Kentucky or won time of possession or had better looking uniforms? You committed ridiculous mental error after mental error, you seemed distracted and disinterested, and you came up short in the only stat that counts. The scoreboard.

And now, to boot, Mullen has committed the equivalent to Butters’ big defensive lie on death threats. He’s had the audacity to further embarrass the university at a time when contriteness and honesty were the only appropriate responses.

He’s really stuck his neck out this time. I’m not sure he survives or has the willingness to. He looks to me as if he’s already somewhere else.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
When Saban and Mullen met at midfield after the moral victory against Bama, Saban told him that if Mullen ever needed a job, he’d love to have him on staff as an analyst. Mullen has made up his mind to accept the generous offer from Saban. At this point Mullen is just working on getting his exit package.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
it was really loud in there.

it was painfully loud most of the fourth quarter, even in the stands, no doubt louder on the field.

Their facilities were significantly better than ours by 98-99. I was honestly.shovked even them. and they've done multiple expansions and renovations since then. Its not even close.

I guess you are only concerned about raw number of seats (1/3 empty at BHG) or exceptionally impressed with 1950s-1970 cinderblock in our little piece of ghetto housing.

I was there for the Trask game, it didn't seem that loud to me. And as OxKing said, you could hear the claps on on TV.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I was there for the Trask game, it didn't seem that loud to me. And as OxKing said, you could hear the claps on on TV.

As I am sure Donkey is being his Donkey self, I do have to say that the highlighted portion is due to parabolic mics you see on the sidelines and not indicative of what players can or can't hear.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Deflecting from the real point after an embarrassing loss that punctuated how far Florida has fallen from relevance may end up being Mullen’s Waterloo moment.

Who cares if you outgained Kentucky or won time of possession or had better looking uniforms? You committed ridiculous mental error after mental error, you seemed distracted and disinterested, and you came up short in the only stat that counts. The scoreboard.

And now, to boot, Mullen has committed the equivalent to Butters’ big defensive lie on death threats. He’s had the audacity to further embarrass the university at a time when contriteness and honesty were the only appropriate responses.

He’s really stuck his neck out this time. I’m not sure he survives or has the willingness to. He looks to me as if he’s already somewhere else.
It's been VERY obvious since last year that he doesn't want to be here anymore. He's miserable and I'm sure his wife is in his ear about blowing town.

Hey Dan, do the right thing for once in your life and RESIGN - walk away from the money like Spurrier did when he left $15 million and fled the Redskins.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Megs needs new players to hug and oh Danny boi needs new fans to wow

jaxr23

Sep 19, 2021
Mullen sacrificed the game and thereby the season to prove he’s smarter than everyone else by keeping Richardson on the bench.
Pretty much this. Based on his personality I think he does make decisions to show up the fans.Especially at Qb.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well I misspoke to a degree as improving the roster was my expectation of Mullen coming here. I had no illusions we’d win championships with him.

I’m basing my conclusions on the play of the team as a whole. The play today is much better even though we crapped the bed yesterday. 2016-17 were horrible. And we didn’t look exciting 18-19.

Last year we looked a hell a lot better than the 10 years before.

Then this year everyone is gushing over our ol and dl play, which I agree. We look better there than I remember in the last 5 years.

in effect we have a more complete team via xfer portal than we have been in years.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Last year we looked better because of the “accidental QB” none of the receivers look good without the Traskmaster

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads