Mullen Confirms: Jaydon Hill tears ACL

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Diabate claims to be around 235, so while not quite there, he supposedly added some decent weight.
Its more than JUST size.

Safety vs LB reads and instincts are completely different. LBs tend to step up for their first step, they are usually watching guards, taking a gap maybe in this one gap system.

Safeties are of course a primary pass defender, often focused on their guys route, supporting run but especially trying to push run plays back inside for the straffing LBs and DL pursuit.

You cant just declare a safety a LB. And obviously, it hasnt worked for us at all so far.

This Dwag Choker system is particularly poor for an undersized LB bc the one gap assignments mean the DL arent ovcupying two gaps and often two linemen. The LBs must he able to take a guard one on one and obviously that requires two big, angry Brandon Spikes type LB, of which we have exactly zero.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Its more than JUST size.

Safety vs LB reads and instincts are completely different. LBs tend to step up for their first step, they are usually watching guards, taking a gap maybe in this one gap system.

Safeties are of course a primary pass defender, often focused on their guys route, supporting run but especially trying to push run plays back inside for the straffing LBs and DL pursuit.

You cant just declare a safety a LB. And obviously, it hasnt worked for us at all so far.

This Dwag Choker system is particularly poor for an undersized LB bc the one gap assignments mean the DL arent ovcupying two gaps and often two linemen. The LBs must he able to take a guard one on one and obviously that requires two big, angry Brandon Spikes type LB, of which we have exactly zero.

I’m confused…. So, Diabate would’ve been better off maintaining 210 lbs? Improvement isn’t good unless he reaches 250 in one offseason?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m confused…. So, Diabate would’ve been better off maintaining 210 lbs? Improvement isn’t good unless he reaches 250 in one offseason?
Weight is great. Very proud of him putting in the effort. That isn't easy for a light-framed guy. but it is only part of the equation.

Like almost everything.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Mullen just confirmed Hill is out for the year w/ ACL, happened non-contact.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Well, I sure hope Blades is as good as he thinks he is.
Or Marshall... or Pouncey and the other RS Freshmen.

I feel bad for Hill. Finally gonna get his shot and then is suddenly done for the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.