Mullinz record

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
:wag:

Just when I think you can't make the exact same post phrased any differently, you come up with a slightly new structure. Kudos.
:proud:
He is at .500 in the SEC now. That is a pretty big accomplishment in two years.
So me making an observation about the 56,832nd negative comment (from one person no less) regarding Dan is finger wagging when the never ending and pretty much identical comments is just valid and beyond reproach. I stand corrected. Im gonna try my best to quit defending our team, staff and anyone connected. I would hate to disrupt any noise in the system and impede our march to a gazillion...........

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Going from the gutter to here doesn't make us title contenders.

2019 Through Nov 23rd

Total Offense: 60th
Scoring Offense: 42nd

Scoring Defense: 7th
3rd down Defense: 43rd

NCAA College Football FBS current team Stats | NCAA.com
Total offense is an incredibly misleading stat when you consider we don't run hurry up like so many other teams do. If you look at it by yards per play, we're sitting at 28th in the country, which is more than respectable with the way our line has played. And we've only run 719 plays this year, good for 104th nationally. The scoring offense also isn't that bad when you consider the difference between being 42nd and top 20 is a field goal per game. It's not perfect yet but it's been heading in the right direction since he showed up.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Total offense is an incredibly misleading stat when you consider we don't run hurry up like so many other teams do. If you look at it by yards per play, we're sitting at 28th in the country, which is more than respectable with the way our line has played. And we've only run 719 plays this year, good for 104th nationally. The scoring offense also isn't that bad when you consider the difference between being 42nd and top 20 is a field goal per game. It's not perfect yet but it's been heading in the right direction since he showed up.
So you agree
Going from the gutter to here doesn't make us title contenders.
or not?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Total offense is not a good way to judge. Check out football outsiders for better information. FO only gets more accurate as the season progress too.

Rushing offense: 115th
Passing offense: 19th
First downs offense: 42nd
Red Zone offense: 72nd

We should definitely be in the play offs.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Point isnt that we should be in the playoffs - its that jdh (and yourself) use stupid stats. Sas, of all people, was able to prove why its stupid above. If he can do it....
OK... statistics denier.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Any stat, taken alone, is misleading. I'm comfortable posting those stats and forming the conclusion that we ain't all that.I also posted the link that has all the stats. Feel free to show the stats that would lead someone to believe we ARE all that.

Last edited:

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Here a stat for Dan - 11 straight years as an SEC head coach watching the SEC Championship game from his sofa.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Here a stat for Dan - 11 straight years as an SEC head coach watching the SEC Championship game from his sofa.
There you go again. Cherry picking. Everyone knows that each year is an independent data set. Let's say f you flip a coin 10 times, and get nine heads and one tail. What are the odds of getting a tail on the next flip? Still 50/50.

(This message brought to you by Flat Earthers International)

Mullen is a serious upgrade from Addazio, Muschamp and McElwain.

He's a harder worker, has a better coaching staff and has consistent results.

And yet .... his High ceiling as a coach is in the low to mid B range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator