Napier Starts Dec 5 - What do you want to see first?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Shelby and GBHOR, the two haters that couldn't be converted. You two guys are going to look mighty silly.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Looks like we have a third hater! Still pining for Kiffin?

JFC, dude! All everyone does here is jump to conclusions, make assumptions and put words in people's mouths. I NEVER wanted Kiffen. F to the no on that douchebag. I'm not pessimistic on Napier. I'm also not optimistic either. The bottom line is I don't know. And neither do you or anyone on this board. We'll all find out in due time. Here's hoping he's a raging success. But there are no guarantees...

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Not setting expectations too high for Napier's first (partial) class, but one thing that would make me think we got a ringer here would be if we could pull off a really big-time flip on signing day. Just one, for once! We never get one of those.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
JFC, dude! All everyone does here is jump to conclusions, make assumptions and put words in people's mouths. I NEVER wanted Kiffen. F to the no on that douchebag. I'm not pessimistic on Napier. I'm also not optimistic either. The bottom line is I don't know. And neither do you or anyone on this board. We'll all find out in due time. Here's hoping he's a raging success. But there are no guarantees...
Back to your rant, there's PLENTY of reason for optimism on this hire, but people like yourself only look at passing stats and nothing else. Everything else is absolutely on the way up - we're going to have a real football program.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Back to your rant, there's PLENTY of reason for optimism on this hire, but people like yourself only look at passing stats and nothing else. Everything else is absolutely on the way up - we're going to have a real football program.

I absolutely agree. But those passing stats are concerning to me. I'm hoping it was due to the conference he was in, the team he had, etc. I'm hopeful (but cautious) that he's willing to adapt in the SEC. He seems like he knows what he's doing. All I need is the eye test, plain and simple.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I absolutely agree. But those passing stats are concerning to me. I'm hoping it was due to the conference he was in, the team he had, etc. I'm hopeful (but cautious) that he's willing to adapt in the SEC. He seems like he knows what he's doing. All I need is the eye test, plain and simple.
Do you acknowledge there are other ways to win football games than just passing? I just want to make sure we're on the same page. The vast majority of the big passing teams win nothing.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Do you acknowledge there are other ways to win football games than just passing? I just want to make sure we're on the same page. The vast majority of the big passing teams win nothing.

If you acknowledge that Muschamp ball does not win titles (and is also a very boring product to watch). Look, all I'm saying is that there needs to be a healthy balance in the play-calling. A conservative, boring, heavy run game isn't going to win us games either.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If you acknowledge that Muschamp ball does not win titles (and is also a very boring product to watch). Look, all I'm saying is that there needs to be a healthy balance in the play-calling. A conservative, boring, heavy run game isn't going to win us games either.
Anyone comparing Napier to Muschamp in any way should be banned. There is NO comparison. ULL averages 33 points a game. Muschamp ball averages about 10.

UGA is far and away the favorite to win the NC under a conservative, boring, heavy run game and defense.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
SOS was Old Testament (an eye for an eye), He was quoted that Weurffel was New Testament (Turn the other cheek). I'll take the Old Testament thank you very much!!...:jog:
A deacon once pointed out to me that you only have two cheeks. Something to think about.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
W4P is trying to follow the science. Give him a break. :snicker:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I would like to see him go after this guy. He seemed pissed off about Lincoln leaving town. And, I think he mentioned something about his position coach going with Lincoln. He was pissed.

this guy was a man amongst boys at LHS. An absolute beast mode player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator