NBA Finals

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How does JR Smith still have a place in this league? He is absolute garbage. Can’t play defense. And can’t shoot.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. LBJ is remarkable. 7th 40+ game THIS playoff season.

Highest point average in playoff history in elimination games.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wow. LBJ is remarkable. 7th 40+ game THIS playoff season.

Highest point average in playoff history in elimination games.

He’s been ridiculous. The thing that keeps being thrown out about this being his worst cast may be accurate. But I also think they’re smart enough to just let him win games. Smith might be good for an occasional 3 and others contribute minimally. But the coach’s entire strategy is basically (and wisely) to win and die with James.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Monster game for LeBron, who'll need to put the team on his back in Game 7 on the road. Don't think he can do it alone.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Monster game for LeBron, who'll need to put the team on his back in Game 7 on the road. Don't think he can do it alone.

Lebron was insane and George Hill stepped up with 20 which was important with Love out and J.R.not being able to throw it in the ocean.

Biggest key may have been Green, Nance and Clarkson. They had a combined 30 pts and 14 rebounds....huge.

Lebron at age 33 and in year 15 with 53000 minutes in his career playing 46+ minutes is simply amazing. All these young guys can’t do this and maintain any level of play much less his level.

Still think Celtics take Game 7. Wouldnt bet on it though.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He'll be whining about fatigue after they lose on Sunday.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does he have one more superman game in him?
489e2d604553e24083a19f983e460441.jpg

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Does he have one more superman game in him?
489e2d604553e24083a19f983e460441.jpg

He’ll need 5.

The two 3’s he popped while covered in the last minute or two were Jordan-esque daggers. Cleveland likely wins without them (he had seen to that with his drives & passes to stem Boston’s comeback) but they were still clutch.

I haven’t watched the NBA in years but these series are both good. Any of the four could win the championship and with Boston that’s shocking. Stevens is a truly gifted coach.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He’ll need 5.

The two 3’s he popped while covered in the last minute or two were Jordan-esque daggers. Cleveland likely wins without them (he had seen to that with his drives & passes to stem Boston’s comeback) but they were still clutch.

I haven’t watched the NBA in years but these series are both good. Any of the four could win the championship and with Boston that’s shocking. Stevens is a truly gifted coach.

He may be the best coach in the league.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lebron has won 5 game 7s in a row.

One more 40+ game and he’ll tie Jerry West for most 40+ games in a playoff season.

He’s averaged 33.9 points this post season - putting him on pace with MJ’s unmatched 1993 post season.

Also on pace for 30 ppg, 8 rpg, and 8 apg for the 2nd time in his post season career. Only 2 other players have done that once.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. He's gotten his team to buy in on committing to team defense. They remind me in that regard to the Bulls of six to eight years ago under Thibodeau. If the Celts defend like they did in Game 5, you can pencil them in for the Finals.

The problem with Game 7s is they tend to be super tight and come down to who has the better go-to people. We know who wins there.

Boston needs to clamp down from the opening tip and avoid having to find the go-to guy. I think they can do it.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
He'll be whining about fatigue after they lose on Sunday.
He may or may not but you can bet all of social media will be whining about it it if they lose. There is a reason almost nobody else ever plays the entire game. They can’t do it effectively. If they lose...and they should...it is a legit argument. Celtics will keep running 3 young fresh guys at him all night long and hope for the best which is the best strategy.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

I think he is....him and Steve Kerr. What I like about them is that they don’t over-coach and don’t over-react to what’s happening on the floor. They have tremendous trust in their players. Stevens is an absolute iceman.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He may or may not but you can bet all of social media will be whining about it it if they lose. There is a reason almost nobody else ever plays the entire game. They can’t do it effectively. If they lose...and they should...it is a legit argument. Celtics will keep running 3 young fresh guys at him all night long and hope for the best which is the best strategy.
Lebron took off Game 5 at Boston and it showed. He purposefully rested for Game 6. He’s smart enough to know resting for Game 7 was also in his best interest. He will need it to put this team on his back. I think he has a great shot to shock the Celtics.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lebron took off Game 5 at Boston and it showed. He purposefully rested for Game 6. He’s smart enough to know resting for Game 7 was also in his best interest. He will need it to put this team on his back. I think he has a great shot to shock the Celtics.

No way he took off game 5.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
39 minutes. 11-22 shooting. 1-6 3pts. 10 Reb. 5 Ast. 26 Points. He saved his energy for this game.

He had 26 points and was dragging ass. He’s played more minutes than ANYONE.

:haters:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Harden has been a savage this game. We’ll see if the Rockets can keep the pedal pressed.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just tuning in. Wondering if the extra minutes logged by Houston starters to compensate for the loss of CP3 will lead to fatigue down the stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.