NCAA announces all athletes can make money

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I cant wait to see that one.

Even with the excessive nudity, I’m sure it will still end with someone locating plans detailing a lone, fairly obvious section of vulnerability in the Death Star, which will be hit in a last second shot of desperation, destroying it along with all hope of the Empire for at least six months until they’ve built a new one.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is Red Five, Im near the casting couch and approaching the tunnel!

Name of the video not decided. Finalists:

Blue on the outside, pink on the inside

Ahsucka

Me banging Dad's old girlfriend

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I just saw this on footballscoop.com

This is huge, and it's exactly why this is not going to go well. This guy is spending $540k to give 90 Miami football players $6000/year (at $500/month) - the entire team (minus walk-ons, and I'm guessing the extra 5 is players who are holdovers due to the covid rules allowing them to play an extra year).

There's a story about all 17 OL's on Notre Dame's roster getting deal w/ a "semi-national restaurant chain" and Arkansas' OL getting a deal w/ a BBQ restaurant.

I can't wait to see what the Bamer's do. They're probably waiting for most of the schools around the country to announce these Miami/ND/Arkansas type deals....then they'll announce theirs with a "hold my beer" moment.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

This is huge, and it's exactly why this is not going to go well. This guy is spending $540k to give 90 Miami football players $6000/year (at $500/month) - the entire team (minus walk-ons, and I'm guessing the extra 5 is players who are holdovers due to the covid rules allowing them to play an extra year).

There's a story about all 17 OL's on Notre Dame's roster getting deal w/ a "semi-national restaurant chain" and Arkansas' OL getting a deal w/ a BBQ restaurant.

I can't wait to see what the Bamer's do. They're probably waiting for most of the schools around the country to announce these Miami/ND/Arkansas type deals....then they'll announce theirs with a "hold my beer" moment.
Yep, its going to be a ****show allowing these companies to just wash money through these players. There is no way in hell this guy gets ROI on this. If the NCAA were smart, they would have kept businesses out of it. If a player wants to hustle, sell their merch and do autographs that's fine but you cant allow businesses to just stroke checks to backup kickers for no reason.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Out of respect for Branson and Bezos, and not wanting to steal the spotlight, they 've decided to postpone their announcement for a few weeks.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yep, its going to be a ****show allowing these companies to just wash money through these players. There is no way in hell this guy gets ROI on this. If the NCAA were smart, they would have kept businesses out of it. If a player wants to hustle, sell their merch and do autographs that's fine but you cant allow businesses to just stroke checks to backup kickers for no reason.

Imagine Nike - paying the entire Oregon football team $6k/year. Walmart paying Arkansas players $6k/year. Berkshire Hathaway paying Nebraska players $6k/year. Under Armor paying Maryland players $6k/year. Ringling Brothers paying FSU players 6,000 balloons/year. etc, etc.....

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
you cant allow businesses to just stroke checks to backup kickers for no reason.

snSFigJh.jpg

But, in fairness to your post and the possible slippery slope, if you did falsely inflate the kicker's worth, you'd have once great football program's fans embarassingly chanting the kicker's name and that kicker acting like some star D-bag on social media.

hC2E93B9F

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Imagine Nike - paying the entire Oregon football team $6k/year. Walmart paying Arkansas players $6k/year. Berkshire Hathaway paying Nebraska players $6k/year. Under Armor paying Maryland players $6k/year. Ringling Brothers paying FSU players 6,000 balloons/year. etc, etc.....

Why wouldnt Nike pay our players? We are one of the Air Jordan teams.

I guess Im looking at this wrong. I love a free market and would rather it be that way instead of it being done illegally. This levels the playing field for all.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought Josh had a pretty decent way of looking at it. He's definitely got some points. It could very well change a lot about how we look at these kids in the future.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Why wouldnt Nike pay our players? We are one of the Air Jordan teams.

I guess Im looking at this wrong. I love a free market and would rather it be that way instead of it being done illegally. This levels the playing field for all.

I'm a big free market guy myself. I couldn't tell you how many times I've thought to myself, "imagine if we could group the best of these players together and form some type of professional league where they could get paid in direct financial compensation, like employees, for their talents". Of course, I also like watching college football and wouldn't want this proposed league to interfere with that. So I'd really like it if it could fall on a different day of the weekend, with maybe a game or two sprinkled throughout the midweek. Meanwhile, those that value an education could play for a university in exchange for tuition. That would really solve all these problems.

I know, I know. I've always been a bit of a dreamer. One day though.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I'm a big free market guy myself. I couldn't tell you how many times I've thought to myself, "imagine if we could group the best of these players together and form some type of professional league where they could get paid in direct financial compensation, like employees, for their talents". Of course, I also like watching college football and wouldn't want this proposed league to interfere with that. So I'd really like it if it could fall on a different day of the weekend, with maybe a game or two sprinkled throughout the midweek. Meanwhile, those that value an education could play for a university in exchange for tuition. That would really solve all these problems.

I know, I know. I've always been a bit of a dreamer. One day though.

As long as we are talking about alternate realities that don't exist or never had existed, I too have dreamed of being lucky enough to get in a threesome with Kate Beckinsale and Rachel Adams, and being able to last a couple hours. But thats never going to happen.

Back to reality, which is what is happening, college players are getting paid now. Its not the end of the world, its just more honest to what is actually going on. Many of them at P5 schools aint there to get an education except the stuff that will get them to the nfl. A free market is going to benefit UF a lot more than regulating it with perverted sense of ethics and morals. Sorry that doesn't align with that reality that only exists in your dreams.

Whether or not college players get paid or not doesn't change the fact that college football is the NFL farm league and pretty much the only way into the nfl. Kids still can't go from high school to the nfl for many reasons that have nothing to do with $. My point was to BMF that the things he was telling us to imagine as bad things, well, I just dont see them as bad. $ is a big motivator, though I am sure our program will miss that boat, but I think it will help us a lot more than people think it will.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
As long as we are talking about alternate realities that don't exist or never had existed, I too have dreamed of being lucky enough to get in a threesome with Kate Beckinsale and Rachel Adams, and being able to last a couple hours. But thats never going to happen.

I took the liberty of looking up Rachel Adams. Several regular people, so I assume this is who you were referring to. I get that everyone has their own taste. But you should probably let Kate know upfront what she's getting into.

Rachel%20Adams-web.JPG

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I took the liberty of looking up Rachel Adams. Several regular people, so I assume this is who you were referring to. I get that everyone has their own taste. But you should probably let Kate know upfront what she's getting into.

Rachel%20Adams-web.JPG

Id roll with that too...

EDIT: btw, I see you had to scroll pretty far down to get to that Rachel. There were plenty of cute ones above her.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Id roll with that too...

But again, while I'm sure KB would have no objections to your unsolicited advances, you really should clear anything south of a "5"(not to mention possible trans) with her before just showing up. I don't know. It's what I'd do.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
But again, while I'm sure KB would have no objections to your unsolicited advances, you really should clear anything south of a "5"(not to mention possible trans) with her before just showing up. I don't know. It's what I'd do.

Its my dream...stop telling me what I need to do in my dream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.