New Vegas SEC Championship odds

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
MJMGator;n235848 said:
I think the East is theirs to lose this year
yep, as its been the last two years. I think them replacing two coordinators and no exp. qb may be to much to overcome. I know we have our issues but as weak as the east is I think we have a legitimate shot but then again that could be the jack daniels talking:drunk:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n235853 said:
yep, as its been the last two years. I think them replacing two coordinators and no exp. qb may be to much to overcome. I know we have our issues but as weak as the east is I think we have a legitimate shot but then again that could be the jack daniels talking:drunk:

I don't think we have a prayer of winning the East, but I'd be ecstatic if we did.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
UGA - Richt will **** the bed at least one time at some point.
SC - Sadly for SOS, will never return to SECC game with Hoke involved. Hoke sucketh massive donkey balls.
UcheaT - Got to find a way to beat us first, and that isn't happening, they had their best shot last fall and blew it.
UsucK - See above.
Vandy - Back to mediocrity after Franklin left for the land of pedophile love and defending.
Mizzou - The team deserves some respect, the East comes down to UF and them.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n235860 said:
UGA - Richt will **** the bed at least one time at some point.
SC - Sadly for SOS, will never return to SECC game with Hoke involved. Hoke sucketh massive donkey balls.
UcheaT - Got to find a way to beat us first, and that isn't happening, they had their best shot last fall and blew it.
UsucK - See above.
Vandy - Back to mediocrity after Franklin left for the land of pedophile love and defending.
Mizzou - The team deserves some respect, the East comes down to UF and them.

I guess on paper Georgia should be up there in the East if their QB is at least average. I hate to say it but on paper Tenn does look like the team in the East that could make a nice jump (I am glad we get them at home and not late in the season when O line depth may be a huge issue). Missouri is just like the last couple of years - you really don't know what to expect. Trying to look objectively at it I would think the East would be between Georgia and Tenn but with things falling in place we possibly could contend for the East.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
ESPN just recently released bowl projections for the SEC. They have uga in the Sugar Bowl, Aub in the playoff, the vols in the Music City and us in the Independence. Not sure what to make of that except that I think they're way off on Aub.

I think uga will stumble a few times along the way given the new QB and no Gurley. Their schedule is finally pretty stout as well.

The vols clearly weren't that impressive in the Spring for them to be projected as a 4+ loss team. I think ESPN, unlike some of the others, is really looking at what they actually accomplished last year, which is really underwhelming and not consistent with the hype they're receiving.

I don't know what to expect from us, but agree that the East is wide open. The only team that is top to bottom better is the dogs, and that hasn't always mattered in Jax. I could see us going to Atl simply because someone has to go. That said, I completely get the general lack of confidence in us from the media. We have a lot to prove and our days of getting the benefit of the doubt are over.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gator Fever;n235881 said:
I guess on paper Georgia should be up there in the East if their QB is at least average. I hate to say it but on paper Tenn does look like the team in the East that could make a nice jump (I am glad we get them at home and not late in the season when O line depth may be a huge issue). Missouri is just like the last couple of years - you really don't know what to expect. Trying to look objectively at it I would think the East would be between Georgia and Tenn but with things falling in place we possibly could contend for the East.

How much of Mizzou's success against us the past 3 years has been a result of who we had roaming the sidelines? That we won't know for probably a year or so. Similar to the gamecocks, they are well coached and do have some talent in spots. But even with our recent recruiting woes we are generally a more talented team than both. It's the SEC, and again they are both well coached teams, so a tough outing is expected. But at UF, we shouldn't fear those programs. Doesn't mean good/great teams didn't get upset at times, or narrowly escape with wins. But we also didn't go into any of those seasons penciling in a loss either. To me, both are winnable.

Also going to disagree on the vols. Go back and really look at what they did, and what they didn't do last year. It's probably one of the least impressive 7-6 campaigns I've ever seen, with of course the low point being a loss to Muschamp with a FR beating them in their own house, and the beat down at the hands of OM. Sure they've recruited well, but neither of those 2014 moments indicate a team headed in the right direction or one that's being run by a great coach. In many respects it was the classic ut season--lose to UF, play uga and Ala tougher than expected, emerge from a few midseason blowouts, and suddenly find their groove(aka play Usce, Vu, Uk and a weak bowl opponent). Same story, just different characters.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
soflagator;n235896 said:
Also going to disagree on the vols. Go back and really look at what they did, and what they didn't do last year. It's probably one of the least impressive 7-6 campaigns I've ever seen, with of course the low point being a loss to Muschamp with a FR beating them in their own house, and the beat down at the hands of OM. Sure they've recruited well, but neither of those 2014 moments indicate a team headed in the right direction or one that's being run by a great coach. In many respects it was the classic ut season--lose to UF, play uga and Ala tougher than expected, emerge from a few midseason blowouts, and suddenly find their groove(aka play Usce, Vu, Uk and a weak bowl opponent). Same story, just different characters.
^^^
money!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
dubster1;n235899 said:
^^^
money!

158078-Jerry-Seinfeld-popcorn-gif-Img-NI3K.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n235796 said:
Nope but I was kind of expecting them to have us about tied with SC.

That's pretty optimistic. I like it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n235796 said:
Nope but I was kind of expecting them to have us about tied with SC.
If we manage to beat SC with the crap that Chimp left, I consider it a good year.

I forgot that SOS re-hired Hoke. I guess maybe we have a chance. Hoke sucked nearly as much as Zook.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n235851 said:
ugay has Richt, so they will always suck.
It's posts like this that actually make me want to tolerate Wobble.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n235891 said:
ESPN just recently released bowl projections for the SEC. They have uga in the Sugar Bowl, Aub in the playoff, the vols in the Music City and us in the Independence. Not sure what to make of that except that I think they're way off on Aub.
How does it happen anyway? Ugly's inevitable loss in the SECG, should they make it, always bounces them out of the Sugar Bowl.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n235937 said:
If we manage to beat SC with the crap that Chimp left, I consider it a good year.

I forgot that SOS re-hired Hoke. I guess maybe we have a chance. Hoke sucked nearly as much as Zook.

Especially in that part of the year when our O line depth issues may really be a big issue.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We've had one winning SEC season in the past 5 years, and this is the least talented and most flawed team we've had since the 70s.

Just going 5-3 with this crew would be a minor miracle.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n236003 said:
We've had one winning SEC season in the past 5 years, and this is the least talented and most flawed team we've had since the 70s.

Just going 5-3 with crew would be a minor miracle.

That's kinda how I feel. I love the optimism, but I have no idea what's leading anyone to it. :lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is not the worst team we've had since the 70s. As a matter of fact, bama and fsu are the only teams with more espn top 300 players. Our schedule may be the easiest it's been in years. Even though we're thin at linebacker, we have one of the best defenses if not the best in the country. Qb play should drastically be improved now that we have an identity on that side of the ball . Our o-line did get blown up a few times in the spring game but help is on the way. We've got 8 more linemen coming in at fall camp. As far as play makers , we do need some guys to step up but I feel we've got some athletes we've just gotta get em the ball.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n236023 said:
This is not the worst team we've had since the 70s. As a matter of fact, bama and fsu are the only teams with more espn top 300 players. Our schedule may be the easiest it's been in years. Even though we're thin at linebacker, we have one of the best defenses if not the best in the country. Qb play should drastically be improved now that we have an identity on that side of the ball . Our o-line did get blown up a few times in the spring game but help is on the way. We've got 8 more linemen coming in at fall camp. As far as play makers , we do need some guys to step up but I feel we've got some athletes we've just gotta get em the ball.

Due to the O line depth issues that will probably surface sometime during the season I would say it could definitely battle it out with 2013 as being our worst team since that 79 team. I think we will reel off enough wins prior to that happening and won't have a QB playing with 1 arm most of the season however to make us as bad as 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.