New Vegas SEC Championship odds

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Call me when you can find any other team out scouring the planet for third tier jucos and celebrating like lunatics BC they stole a graduate transfer from Old Dominion, all in hopes that they could have enough depth to actually conduct practices in the fall. I hope you are right but my head says otherwise.

The fact that Espn can't wait for us to play Kintucky bothers me greatly also. I won't be surprised if the don't bring gameday to Lexington in anticipation of watching them storm the field.

The fact that Vegas expects us to be the #11 team in the SEC says it all about the reality of what's ahead for us again this year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n236445 said:
Call me when you can find any other team out scouring the planet for third tier jucos and celebrating like lunatics BC they stole a graduate transfer from Old Dominion, all in hopes that they could have enough depth to actually conduct practices in the fall. I hope you are right but my head says otherwise.

The fact that Espn can't wait for us to play Kintucky bothers me greatly also. I won't be surprised if the don't bring gameday to Lexington in anticipation of watching them storm the field.

The fact that Vegas expects us to be the #11 team in the SEC says it all about the reality of what's ahead for us again this year.

It sickens me, but I'm afraid Law might be right.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n236480 said:
It sickens me, but I'm afraid Law might be right.
All these 10-2 predictions are hilarious. In a way, I envy people who are that optimistic.

However, this season isn't going to go well, and the blame rests solidly on the previous coach and the AD that let him destroy the program, not MacTatersalad.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n236522 said:
blame rests solidly on the previous coach and the AD
Mac will overcome the adversity of the former mental midget coach and Alzheimer stricken AD......We will rise above the midline this year and back to our rightful top 10 status in years to come.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
10 wins is silly, but the East is so weak I can easily see us having more wins than a lot of people think.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n236545 said:
Did he bitch like this when we were good?
The recent "good" era no longer counts in his mind because of Urban Meyer supposedly turning us into the Evil Empire. Those trophies have been erased.

So basically, we haven't really been good in Law's mind since 1996.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n236565 said:
The recent "good" era no longer counts in his mind because of Urban Meyer
I know, it was all smoke & mirrors, just an illusion by a bad bellied magician using a fullback for a QB and magical smurphs......pixie dust sprinkled over Bob Davies primitive offense or something like that.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n236555 said:
10 wins is silly, but the East is so weak I can easily see us having more wins than a lot of people think.

I agree with this. We will exceed most people's expectations but only because they are so low right now. I also think we have a better shot at winning the East than UT. My bold prediction is that we will be third in the East, and either Mizzou or UGA will sneak their way in Atlanta and then lose to LSU.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n236577 said:
I agree with this. We will exceed most people's expectations but only because they are so low right now. I also think we have a better shot at winning the East than UT. My bold prediction is that we will be third in the East, and either Mizzou or UGA will sneak their way in Atlanta and then lose to LSU.

I don't think LSU will win the West. They still have no QB and Les Miles. I think it's either Auburn or Bama...most likely Bama.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sucks that we have the easiest schedule we've had in years but it comes in a year where we have some major holes. I honestly think we will end up 7-5/8-4. I don't think anyone can really deny that we have a great defense, which should keep us in most games.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n236580 said:
I don't think LSU will win the West. They still have no QB and Les Miles. I think it's either Auburn or Bama...most likely Bama.

I don't think their QB play will be great, but it will be adequate enough to run the offense since their run game will be very strong. I think Fournette is the best back in the country, and their O-line and WRs will also help improve the QB play. The QB's not being true freshmen will also help them. The defense will have more experience this year than the past few seasons, and they won't miss Chavis who is greatly overrated imo. Also Bama has Kiffin, who is the reason why they lost to Ohio St, and besides Auburn having Muschamp, they also play at LSU this year.

Bama very well may win the SEC, but don't be surprised if they fall short and LSU is in Atlanta.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n236565 said:
The recent "good" era no longer counts in his mind because of Urban Meyer supposedly turning us into the Evil Empire. Those trophies have been erased.

So basically, we haven't really been good in Law's mind since 1996.

Even then. Nail-biter win over Vandy? Pffft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator