New Vegas SEC Championship odds

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n236023 said:
This is not the worst team we've had since the 70s. As a matter of fact, bama and fsu are the only teams with more espn top 300 players. Our schedule may be the easiest it's been in years. Even though we're thin at linebacker, we have one of the best defenses if not the best in the country. Qb play should drastically be improved now that we have an identity on that side of the ball . Our o-line did get blown up a few times in the spring game but help is on the way. We've got 8 more linemen coming in at fall camp. As far as play makers , we do need some guys to step up but I feel we've got some athletes we've just gotta get em the ball.

So, you're optimistic because we have an unknown situation at QB, some freshmen coming in to start on the OL, lack playmakers and are razor thin at linebacker? :lol: Sorry, t, but you didn't sell me on the enthusiasm. :lol:

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Georgia gets their odds because the east is weak and they have as good as chance as anybody, and if you get to Atlanta, well, it's like a punchers chance, go for broke. Them and TN are both over rated to win it. With SC's odds that low, where are they projected to to finish in the east?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
No matter what happens this season at least we all don't have to hear anymore of Chumps excuses nor do we have to watch his stupid a$$ Marching up and down the sidelines acting like a damn fool. Those 2 things alone makes this season a success!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n236031 said:
So, you're optimistic because we have an unknown situation at QB, some freshmen coming in to start on the OL, lack playmakers and are razor thin at linebacker? :lol: Sorry, t, but you didn't sell me on the enthusiasm. :lol:
I said improved qb situation. And of those 8 linemen, one is a returning starter who played solid last year, a two time fcs all American transfer and the top offensive line prospect in the country. We have an all sec linebacker leading that group who's a 4 year starter pretty much. I know he went down but everything is going good and he should be good by camp. Please tell how many returning starters georgia has coming back on the o-line? We're not the first team to ever to have a young o-line. Not saying we'll win 10 games but a losing season is definitely not my expectations.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;236078 said:
It doesn't really matter how many espn 300 players we have if they all play the same position.

Exactly

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n236078 said:
It doesn't really matter how many espn 300 players we have if they all play the same position.
Or if they transferred or quit. I don't think anyone has had as many transfers as us.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not surprised by anything coming out of Vegas. Wanna rise, gotta win. Part 1 of that plan is gone, now lets see if Mac can do something about part 2.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
It's really somewhere in between. I don't like our odds at winning the east let alone the conference. I'll say this though, out of 120 D1 teams, or whatever you call it now, 100 of them would trade their roster for ours in a heartbeat. We have a talented defense that should keep us in most games. We have an offensive minded coach, meaning there won't be any meddling by a way too conservative idiot, we've got 2 young highly rated QB's that are both mobile enough to buy time and or take off and gain positive yards. We have a smattering of talented playmakers, Taylor, Robinson and Powell as well as a 6th year TE to bail out the young QB's. We have highly rated skill players coming in who should be able to contribute right away, Scarlett, McGriff and Kronkrite.

We are young but talented on the offensive line and if these guys gain any confidence in the first few games they could be serviceable when we get to the meat of our schedule. We also have what looks at this point to be the easiest schedule in years. The only 2 teams that would scare me at this point aren't playing us this year, Bama and Arky. In other words don't be shocked if we win a few that we should lose.....We'll probably lose 1 or 2 that we should win. Most young teams do.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n236099 said:
It's really somewhere in between. I don't like our odds at winning the east let alone the conference. I'll say this though, out of 120 D1 teams, or whatever you call it now, 100 of them would trade their roster for ours in a heartbeat. We have a talented defense that should keep us in most games. We have an offensive minded coach, meaning there won't be any meddling by a way too conservative idiot, we've got 2 young highly rated QB's that are both mobile enough to buy time and or take off and gain positive yards. We have a smattering of talented playmakers, Taylor, Robinson and Powell as well as a 6th year TE to bail out the young QB's. We have highly rated skill players coming in who should be able to contribute right away, Scarlett, McGriff and Kronkrite.

We are young but talented on the offensive line and if these guys gain any confidence in the first few games they could be serviceable when we get to the meat of our schedule. We also have what looks at this point to be the easiest schedule in years. The only 2 teams that would scare me at this point aren't playing us this year, Bama and Arky. In other words don't be shocked if we win a few that we should lose.....We'll probably lose 1 or 2 that we should win. Most young teams do.

I agree with this post. I feel like there's talent on offense, just hasn't had the chance at broken developed yet. We will lose some and win some. Just glad we don't have to look at you know who this year..

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n236118 said:
We will lose some and win some.
This is the kind of in-depth commentary that keeps people returning to Gatorchatter day after day. Kudos.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n236120 said:
This is the kind of in-depth commentary that keeps people returning to Gatorchatter day after day. Kudos.

:lol:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Marianna said:
No matter what happens this season at least we all don't have to hear anymore of Chumps excuses nor do we have to watch his stupid a$$ Marching up and down the sidelines acting like a damn fool. Those 2 things alone makes this season a success!

Anyone watch JMac on the sidelines in games? Or our OC or DC? I expect the DC will be a bit nuts, high energy but not the raging idiot WM was. No idea on Nuss. For JMac, I just have this image of that jovial laid back attitude most of the time, smiling and only if you could read lips would you know he's on the headset gently cursing out the coaches to make sht work. The other image of him I have is him doing an irish jig after a touchdown. So maybe my images aren't that good a reference...maybe I need to drink less. Or drink more.

Bernardo de la Paz;n236078 said:

They all play DE converted to TE? Actually, aside from the comments by others about "how many of them transferred out?" was my though of "we have ESPN 300 players, but how many were under 200 ranking?" It is a facetious question, as I'm sure it is a decent balance of highly ranked (defensive) kids and a sprinking of mid level kids. As noted earlier - a LOT of other schools would like to have our roster, they just wouldn't want to have our league.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator;n235939 said:
How does it happen anyway? Ugly's inevitable loss in the SECG, should they make it, always bounces them out of the Sugar Bowl.

Great minds. That was my initial question as well.

The only thing I could think of was that they're projecting Richt and the bulldogs to make it to Atl undefeated. Then, once I came out of what doctors have described as a "laughter induced coma", and after getting an earful from the IT guy about how monitors simply can't have large quantities of water spit on them, I came to the conclusion that perhaps the folks at ESPN had simply been hasty in their projections without really thinking it through.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would like that post, but I'm sick and tired of your like ratio.

Yes, the prospect of Ugly having to play two of the top teams in the west in the same year, the first time its happened in memory, made it impossible for me to consider that someone might predict they might go undefeated.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n236099 said:
We also have what looks at this point to be the easiest schedule in years. The only 2 teams that would scare me at this point aren't playing us this year...
You do have brain damage from that headgear.

You should be concerned about whether we get beaten by ECU and possibly have other embarrassing losses in September. If you think those freshmen looked terrible in the O&B game just wait until they aren't playing 240lb walkon scout teamers.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n236334 said:
You should be concerned about whether we get beaten by ECU
Not concerned with them at all.....all of their good players from the bowl game were seniors and we beat them with Muschamps protégé coaching us...
As far as the rest goes I see it this way...The SEC is not what it was 2,3 or 4 years ago. Yes it is still the best conference from top to bottom as it has been for the last 30 years. If you don't believe me then tell me you thought there would EVER be a day when Misery would win back to back East titles or every team from the "Elite West" division would get their asses handed to them by lesser ranked teams except Arky, in their bowl games...Times are changing and I believe Mac is in the right place at the right time.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator;n236333 said:
I would like that post, but I'm sick and tired of your like ratio.

giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n236384 said:
Not concerned with them at all.....
Yeah, I know. I've heard the "we got a better coach now so we will do better next year" theory. That's just not the way it works. Football is won by x's and o's, and we are missing some very important o's. However, you'll have your dose of reality by October 1.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n236408 said:
Yeah, I know. I've heard the "we got a better coach now so we will do better next year" theory. That's just not the way it works. Football is won by x's and o's, and we are missing some very important o's. However, you'll have your dose of reality by October 1.
Ecu lost their qb , all time leading receiver, the other starter at receiver and they lost their offensive coordinator . They had quite a few seniors if I remember correctly . So something tells me they'll be missing a few o's aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.