Next year's QB competition

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I saw this topic on another board and thought it might be popular here.

Franks is our current starter, what would it take for him to win the job next year?

EJ is the up and coming dual threat QB, what would it take for him to win the job next year?

What do you think that Trask will do?

If Franks develops some more, is more accurate and can read defenses and deliver the ball quickly in spring and fall practices he will keep his job no matter what. If he does not improve he might keep it, and if he regresses he probably will lose it. I understand he is fine with competition.

EJ must improve to have a chance to be more than a package QB. His throwing and reading defenses must improve for him to be the guy.

Trask probably has no chance unless injury happens, I hope he will get his degree and perhaps transfer as a graduate to some other program where he would start. He has some arm talent and seems like a great person.

Comment as you desire.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
eefac2c0a5e863d076c19e3f07cc55ae00b32c565839cc081fc4119528aecec6.jpg

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
After all we want a million posts this year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Franks is the starter unless he gets hurt or loses it during the season.

Trask will play out this season as a clipboard holder and then will be a grad transfer.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Franks is the starter unless he gets hurt or loses it during the season.

Trask will play out this season as a clipboard holder and then will be a grad transfer.
Then returns as grad asst, works his way up the coaching tree at various locations before returning to UF in 2040 replacing a just retired and record setting Dan Mullen!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I saw this topic on another board and thought it might be popular here.

Franks is our current starter, what would it take for him to win the job next year?

EJ is the up and coming dual threat QB, what would it take for him to win the job next year?

What do you think that Trask will do?

If Franks develops some more, is more accurate and can read defenses and deliver the ball quickly in spring and fall practices he will keep his job no matter what. If he does not improve he might keep it, and if he regresses he probably will lose it. I understand he is fine with competition.

EJ must improve to have a chance to be more than a package QB. His throwing and reading defenses must improve for him to be the guy.

Trask probably has no chance unless injury happens, I hope he will get his degree and perhaps transfer as a graduate to some other program where he would start. He has some arm talent and seems like a great person.

Comment as you desire.

1. Franks wins the job is EJ does not come in and seize the job.

2. I think Trask will transfer when healthy.

3. I thought EJ looked vastly better in the later games and I would expect him to compete very well for the job if given a fair shot this year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well it went some good distance at one of your main competitors. Might I post a link to that to encourage folks to post???
Chief, in case you didn't notice, there already have been enormous threads on our QB situation.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Why do some of you think Trask will transfer? He was gifted a scholarship to UF. Hell, it’s like he won the lottery.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Ox is an ass these days, but he doesn’t shy away from competition like those wimps do on the other sites.

OX is not an ass anytime according to me, I try to be polite until the time comes for me not to be.

I saw a decent discussion in depth that I had not seen here, so I did as I usually do post the same thing here.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
While most focus is on his accuracy needing to improve, I think he doesn’t start unless he puts on more weight and improves his running substantially.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There is no QB competition.

Franks is the QB.

EJ the backup.

JJ is redshirting.

If Trash hasnt been sent to Div 3 or NAIA, it is to ensure we dont burn JJ's shirt unnecessarily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.