Nick Eubanks flips Gators the bird, commits to Michigan

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
This recruiting class is going to end with a complete thud. It has a lot to do with the way Grier ****ed us IMO.

We'll miss on all our remaining top targets and will be very fortunate to close on one more LB and OL.

However, I think the core of this class will really be the early enrollees and some of them could prove to be good contributors in the Fall.

I agree with all of this.

And I don't think the Grier situation is getting enough buzz as the reason this recruiting class will likely be disappointing. After the UT and Ole Miss games, the UF brand was white hot and recruits were excited about seeing the Swamp coming alive again and envisioned another couple of years of Grier leading the Gators.

After Grier F'ed up, we basically became the same team we were in 2014. Boring as hell to watch and not at all appealing to recruits. I believe in Mac and what he's trying to build, but 2016 is a HUGE year for him with regards to on field performance and recruiting.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

And I don't think the Grier situation is getting enough buzz as the reason this recruiting class will likely be disappointing. After the UT and Ole Miss games, the UF brand was white hot and recruits were excited about seeing the Swamp coming alive again and envisioned another couple of years of Grier leading the Gators.

After Grier F'ed up, we basically became the same team we were in 2014. Boring as hell to watch and not at all appealing to recruits. I believe in Mac and what he's trying to build, but 2016 is a HUGE year for him with regards to on field performance and recruiting.
**** Grier and his Entourage-wannabe family. The Kardashians of football.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
**** Grier and his Entourage-wannabe family. The Kardashians of football.
Gotta admit, after all the BS that went down, and how so many of us steadily defended him despite it all, not to mention all the school did to try and help him out, I'm with ya MJM. Kid and his parents can eat a fat one.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
:lmao2: Gatorcountry says Eubanks visited. Hey, I appreciate all the work that goes into an article, lord knows I couldn't do it, but if it's information you're giving please be sure it's correct.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015

After Grier F'ed up, we basically became the same team we were in 2014. Boring as hell to watch and not at all appealing to recruits. I believe in Mac and what he's trying to build, but 2016 is a HUGE year for him with regards to on field performance and recruiting.[/QUOTE
Class isn't even in the books and the excuses are already coming out! I knew they come out but I didn't think it would be this early. Did it ever cross your minds that maybe the kids seen how poorly he coached when the sh!t hit the fan and that is scaring kids off?
Based on logic if kids seen that before Grier got in trouble things were really good and when he went out things got bad then wouldn't they say to themselves I know it can work he just needs the pieces? I mean are we going to be this bad until we get lucky with a few lower level recruits that become stars and then the elite talent jumps on board cause if that's the case it could be a while before we're in the mix for a national championship

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Based on logic if kids seen that before Grier got in trouble things were really good and when he went out things got bad then wouldn't they say to themselves I know it can work he just needs the pieces? I mean are we going to be this bad until we get lucky with a few lower level recruits that become stars and then the elite talent jumps on board cause if that's the case it could be a while before we're in the mix for a national championship

Gator fans see and understand this. However, offensive recruits see no proven QB and an O that reverted back to asschamp trainwreck status the last 4 games of the year.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Yes. We're going to be so awful that teams will forfeit enough games to win the East out of pity like they did this year.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah. Saw it. Things are not trending well with Wilson. The staff is doing a great job of keeping Saban at bay with our current recruits but Saban is gaining ground on Wilson, I think.
Still has us as leader even after the visit and the "dab" seen around the world...not site how you can say he is not trending well for UF. Now if you just don't believe he is coming that's different but nothing he does indicates we're tending badly.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Still has us as leader even after the visit and the "dab" seen around the world...not site how you can say he is not trending well for UF. Now if you just don't believe he is coming that's different but nothing he does indicates we're tending badly.

Him naming us as his leader the other day surprised me. I had always felt he was leaning toward us, but then the last couple weeks it seems that he was leaning toward Bama. The Bama coaches have basically been living with him since the season ended.

It almost feels like their pursuit of Joseph was done to distract us from reeling in Wilson. The staff has done a fantastic job of holding on to our recruits. But it looks to be Wilson or bust at this point. The linebacker class in the state looks a lot better next year. Pulling a kid from Bama is tough. I've never felt like he was trolling on us.

I hope we can get him.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Him naming us as his leader the other day surprised me. I had always felt he was leaning toward us, but then the last couple weeks it seems that he was leaning toward Bama. The Bama coaches have basically been living with him since the season ended.

It almost feels like their pursuit of Joseph was done to distract us from reeling in Wilson. The staff has done a fantastic job of holding on to our recruits. But it looks to be Wilson or bust at this point. The linebacker class in the state looks a lot better next year. Pulling a kid from Bama is tough. I've never felt like he was trolling on us.

I hope we can get him.
Getting him would be huge and I'm skeptical because he is from bama and they want him bad...always going to be a tough pull...but yeah i believe his interest is legit and was never "trolling" as others have said.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Gator fans see and understand this. However, offensive recruits see no proven QB and an O that reverted back to asschamp trainwreck status the last 4 games of the year.
And I see it as kids seen Mac is not a good coach when the sh!t hits the fan and he proved that imo the last 5 weeks and this scared them off. Plus I just don't think he's a good recruiter. Besides last year Bama didn't have a proven QB going into the season but pulled 5* Calvin Ridley so it can be done when you have an elite recruiter

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015

I think if Grier had not ****ed up that we would have had sustained momentum on the field throughout the entire season, thus resulting in momentum in recruiting as well.

Look, it only took a 4th quarter comeback win against UT and a night game blow out against Ole Miss at The Swamp for us to pick up steam. These are 17-18 year old kids with short attention spans. Just as quickly as they saw us as "back" they saw us as the same team Muschamp fielded in 2014 after Grier was suspended and Treon took over.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Look, it only took a 4th quarter comeback win against UT and a night game blow out against Ole Miss at The Swamp for us to pick up steam. These are 17-18 year old kids with short attention spans. Just as quickly as they saw us as "back" they saw us as the same team Muschamp fielded in 2014 after Grier was suspended and Treon took over.
Excuses excuses excuses... When will people stop blaming Muschamp he's been gone for over a year. Don't blame him for Mac missing on kids this year. And no I'm not a Muschamp supporter never was. I'm just tired of people still blaming him for Mac not recruiting better

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And I see it as kids seen Mac is not a good coach when the sh!t hits the fan and he proved that imo the last 5 weeks and this scared them off. Plus I just don't think he's a good recruiter. Besides last year Bama didn't have a proven QB going into the season but pulled 5* Calvin Ridley so it can be done when you have an elite recruiter
So the fact that Amari Cooper thrived in Bama's offense despite have a very average QB had nothing to do with it? The fact that Bama has been adding 4* Qbs every year had nothing to do with it? The fact that he'd be competing for championships from day 1 had nothing to do with it?

Not to mention that we had a very good shot at Ridley until Joker messed up.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Excuses excuses excuses... When will people stop blaming Muschamp he's been gone for over a year. Don't blame him for Mac missing on kids this year. And no I'm not a Muschamp supporter never was. I'm just tired of people still blaming him for Mac not recruiting better

You can question Mac's recruiting ability and performance up to this point all you want. I've voiced some concerns myself. But pretending that there is no link between our current struggles and WM's complete destruction of Florida'a offense and national perception over a 4 year period, is ridiculous. As others have pointed out, the last time UF had a functioning offense(outside of a few games mid-2015) was 2008/09, when current recruits were in elementary school. But more than just having a few off years, the entire UF brand became stale and returned to pre-Spurrier levels. It showed even in Mushcamp's final class.

Again, I think there needs to be improvement as well.But ignoring the reality of the situation is foolish.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
You can question Mac's recruiting ability and performance up to this point all you want. I've voiced some concerns myself. But pretending that there is no link between our current struggles and WM's complete destruction of Florida'a offense and national perception over a 4 year period, is ridiculous. As others have pointed out, the last time UF had a functioning offense(outside of a few games mid-2015) was 2008/09, when current recruits were in elementary school. But more than just having a few off years, the entire UF brand became stale and returned to pre-Spurrier levels. It showed even in Mushcamp's final class.

Again, I think there needs to be improvement as well.But ignoring the reality of the situation is foolish.
I'm not ignoring that there is a problem with the face of this offense, but is it not Mac's job to convince these kids that they will be the ones to turn things around? That is my problem people are still blaming Muschamp for Mac not recruiting better talent, I don't think that's right it's on Mac to get the players he needs. Like everyone keeps saying look at our depth chart kids should be all over wanting to come to UF because they can play right away.

I'm not sitting here saying we should be recruiting like Bama right now I understand that's not realistic but I do believe we should be bringing in better talent than what we have in this class.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sitting here saying we should be recruiting like Bama right now I understand that's not realistic

That's about the only reasonable thing you've said. What do you want or expect? We're not recruiting on bama level right now. But we're inside the top 10 and will finish around 7th, I'd predict.

He got:

- #1 JC running back
- #1 JC kicker (who he flipped from bama!)
- 4 star QB (he flipped from LSU)
- 4 star running back who had Saban himself coddling his ball sack and the kid still told the might bama to go pound sand
- TWO 4 star receivers despite not having a function QB to point to
- Some stud offensive lineman we desperately need and will snag another one I'd bet.
- etc.

And people are on here acting like he's just doing a crappy job. Y'all are some delusional MoFo's. He can and will do even better in the future, I'd presume. I hope. But given our downward slide after Grier's screw up, I'd say he's doing well.

Will anyone really be b!tching in two weeks if we sign a top 7 class? Who am I asking?.?.?. Never mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.