Nick Eubanks flips Gators the bird, commits to Michigan

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
We really don't need a TE in this class so it's not a huge deal. Get Cleveland and Fulton and we're golden

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
Yup, heard TE Nick Eubanks did not make his official visit cause he was sick - sick of UF - so he commits to the wolverines.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
Possible to give meself a THUMBS UP? A classic SNL skit only old old Gators saw live.

I'm gonna say, only 4 of us on GC saw this live.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Three LBs, one of whom already missed a season due to major knee issue, isn't a great class.

I don't like most of the recruits we have on defense. We simply have too many 3 stars on that side of the ball.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are preparing papers to deport you to Arkansas. If I were you, I'd STFU.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
so little nicky was sick and wilson's mama didn't get a phone call.

to hell with these sh*t talking, preening prima donnas.

cleveland is the only target we have a chance of getting and he's not a sure bet.

let's just try to hang onto the guys we have and not have anyone flip.

sadly, i think we lose jachai polite so 25 or 26 is what we may end up with gents. :weep:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Simpson, Fulton and Cleveland would be a nice ending. Burns is a possibility too. All is not lost quite yet boys

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It really doesn't matter if we get a WR or DB when we need LBs and to a lesser extent OL.

Simpson probably goes to Climpson or Bammer.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We still have a shot with Walker and the Juco LB they visited recently. Plus you never know, could be a surprise flip (like Folwer years ago).

I know we will definitely get 1 if not 2 OL still

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I do too but I suspect they will be 2 stars or low level jucos. Walker? If we can't pull Walker from
Middle Tennessee or Troy...

We desperately needed LBs who are as close to SEC ready as possible to play, and none of them are. Every effort should have been made to get elite LBs, not development projects that need to add 25 lbs.

It's just where we are right now. No electricity in the program. Getting raped by both Harbaugh and Smart is disappointing. The lack of energy and recruiting snowball will hurt us for years to come.

Mac needs to very seriously look at the recruiting efforts of this staff. We need major changes in this staff and it cannot wait til next December. Callahan was NEARLY enough. People need to be fired the day after NSD and competent asst coaches hired.

We will probably be playing Maye and other DBs at LB again this year. I hope Harris has been putting on weight.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Once Mac gets a quality QB (doesn't have to be great) we will get back to where we were. Our defense has enough guys coming back that it'll be solid. If we win another 10 games and finish strong I think our recruiting will have a big uptick.

Let's not count this class out yet though. Feb 3rd will be interesting I think

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
We have a top 10 class and filled holes. I'm happy.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that nabbing an elite LB would have been really nice, but nobody really thought we were getting Wilson. I think it was the most obvious troll job in the history of recruiting.

We need to make sure we are solid with the commits we got and get a couple more guys... I think the staff is being very picky at this point. My understanding is they told Sam Bruce they didn't have room for him... I think Cleveland is the only guy they want to add at WR. Currently we have Hammond, Wells, Swain and Massey... that is not a horrible WR class. If we land Cleveland then we have a play makers on that side of the ball. We also landed a 4* QB, some quality OL and 2 stud RBs. I think we are actually OK on offense.

The big worry for me is the LB spot. Hopefully Reese is ready to go and Rolin and Anzalone can find a way to stay healthy.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
While I am not over the moon about this class and how it's closing, it is a solid class. In 4 years outside of a few, like Clayton, the EE's will be the foundation of this class and is nice to know that half the class is already on campus. We were also able to fill some holes and add some depth, other than LB. Still holding out hope we get a couple of the big four or five we still have a shot with, but man it's looked bad down the stretch. Staff definitely needs a shakeup based on recruiting alone. As much as we were excited about Shannon I'm concerned he couldn't pull anything but a couple 3* linebackers. As for the OLine transfer I would never turn away a 1 year player if we have a scholly open. Adds a body for everything and if you do have a rash of injuries at least someone is there to contribute for a game or two.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
It looks like we have a great chance with Cleveland. He's giving a lot of "buying" signs. This guy looks like a difference maker. He's tall, very fast and elusive. If we can get some guys who can pass block and anyone with a decent arm so we can get the ball to him our offense might be looking up soon.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/gators-in-position-to-flip-nations-no-2-wide-receiver

I don't know if this means anything or not, but he is "Tebowing" after his TDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.