Noise In The System

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The program is as broken now as it was when Meyer left. This has been a downward spiral since 2009 and there has been no recovery since. We need a new offensive minded coach. We need our identity back and our identity as a football power has always been offense. Foley keeps wanting to hire defensive projects and that's not what works here. There needs to be a change and get back to what we are known for.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After today, this is Will Muschamp's seat.

Attachments

• conv_831.jpg
    conv_831.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 41

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd;n55961 said:
OK, so who should we get?

Turn the reigns over to Roper while we look for a new HC.

I'd say go get Dan Quinn, but I think we need an offensive head coach.

I can't think of his name, but that former Texas Tech quarterback who's coaching them right now. Klingsberry? Or something like that? A new up-and-comer. I'd also keep Roper in the back of my mind as he leads this team through the year. But that's what they need to do in my opinion.

But fire Muschamp today. So this team can get it together during the bye week.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
GMDGATOR;n55853 said:
We will be lucky to go 6-6
Lsu
Mizzou
Uga
USC
Fsu
All losses! Then we will probably have a surprise from ut or ark...
We are no longer relevant

More like "lucky to go 4-7".

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
per SOS, the team is a reflection of the Head Coach who molds the team into one unit, brings all the pieces together. Do you see unity and discipline out there. Yes, hire a new coach and get started with the recovery.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n55816]The death knell was the defense quitting. We've got plenty of football to play, but in terms if litmus tests, Muschamp is as good as gone. Let's form a Gatorchatter search committee. [/QUOTE]

Upgraded...

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Two stats of the game as far as I'm concerned: Leading Receiver - Clay Burton: 4 catches for 33 yards. Muschamp against ranked opponents in his tenure as UF head coach: 4 for 13. This pretty much sums up the Muschamp era in his 4th year as head coach.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n56011 said:
More like "lucky to go 4-7".

We have talent and we do have a better play caller than last year so I think we go better than 6-6 and certainly better than 4-7.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Foley backs this sh¡t 100%. No hot seat here.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we lost to Tenn I think Muschamp may be fired mid season after another ugly loss post Tenn game. Heck just let Roper run things until you find a coach at the end of the season.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n55817 said:
This is a serious question, would firing Chump today and hiring someone else really help? I mean after watching the body language and this team, I feel like we have a problem that goes beyond coaching but personnel as well. We have players who celebrate a big hit after they got beat deep a few plays before, we have players who aren't near the SEC elite talent, we just have a lot of problems...

I think this is a combination from the end of the Meyer era and the Muschamp era....

The one thing that all of you and including myself needs to realize is that Tim Tebow isn't walking through that door, Spurrier isn't walking through that door, we aren't winning a championship anytime soon...

The truth is that this program will need to be rebuilt from the ground up, it includes a new coach, new coordinators, and realistically it includes a new class of players. I hate to say it but Meyer took high risk kids who were skilled, Muschamp won't cross or even toe that line, so we get stuck with guys who are not elite.

You have to ask yourself, if you are a high profile recruit, why would you come here right now? This place is a dumpster fire, from the coaches to the fan base...We all need to get it through our heads, we ARE NOT elite.

I like many of you are passionate and want our team to win, I hate losing, but maybe it's time to face the facts.
:facepalm:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
Mudd;n55961 said:
OK, so who should we get?

Turn the reigns over to Roper while we look for a new HC.

I'd say go get Dan Quinn, but I think we need an offensive head coach.

I can't think of his name, but that former Texas Tech quarterback who's coaching them right now. Klingsberry? Or something like that? A new up-and-comer. I'd also keep Roper in the back of my mind as he leads this team through the year. But that's what they need to do in my opinion.

But fire Muschamp today. So this team can get it together during the bye week.
I agree with this on an interim basis. We're broken and the defense can't get any worse. Maybe Roper can help turn this thing around, maybe not, but the decision on a permanent coach will be among the most important in University history. I don't know about you, but I'm done experimenting on the next hot coordinator. I want a proven coach, someone who can win, scheme an offense and recruit at the same time. You know who I'm thinking of, right? Yep. Bring Spurrier home. The bleeding will stop instantly. No, he's not the solution for the next 10 years, but what has Muschamp been? We need someone to get this right in the next 24 months. In whom do you trust it to the most?

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
Just pitiful.
Consider also that this is an Alabama team rebuilding with an offense coached by kiffin.... And we aren't even competitive.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The monkey that included the Georgia Bulldawgs is nestled in our camp and here we are again... never winning the big games... the work of Pell, SOS, and M3 down the toilet

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp has set more records at UF than SOS, in a much shorter window.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure why all these threads were merged. It's thrown off the flow of conversation. I don't think there's anything wrong with having three or four open threads after a game like this.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
By the way, I emailed Foley. Just like I did last year. And I know he won't read it. And I know it doesn't matter. But it did make me feel little better.

As a gator alum, I want to say thank you for completely destroying the greatest football program in athletics. Thank you for keeping Muschamp and continuing to push our program further and further into mediocrity. Thank you for hiring a coach that had set every record in futility within the last two years for the University of Florida.

I mean, you weren't behind the hiring of Steve Spurrier. And not really behind the hiring of Urban Meyer. But your two hires: Zook and Muschamp have been awe inspiring.

Also. Thank you for making us a joke in our conference, our state, and on national television.

Since you refuse to do anything, I hope that through all the people who will now be withholding their money, such as myself, that it leads to your eventual dismissal from the school. Because you don't have the guts to do what needs to be done and your ego has gotten out of control.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.