Noise In The System

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
-THE DUDE-;56151 said:
GatorJ;n56149 said:
You know, I kind of agree with this. I don't think he's the right long-term solution (as you said…) because of his age. But I think he's a good short-term solution to just right the ship. And then he can be heavily involved in choosing the successor to carry on Gator football excellence. Regardless, Muschamp has to go. Now.
There is 0% chance SOS comes here and there is 0% chance Foley even asks...better to spend your time dreaming of actual realistic coaching options.
Thank you for thinking

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm tired of losing and seeing kids with potential squandered by over paid trainees.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
[QUOTE='78;n56001]
I agree with this on an interim basis. We're broken and the defense can't get any worse. Maybe Roper can help turn this thing around, maybe not, but the decision on a permanent coach will be among the most important in University history. I don't know about you, but I'm done experimenting on the next hot coordinator. I want a proven coach, someone who can win, scheme an offense and recruit at the same time. You know who I'm thinking of, right? Yep. Bring Spurrier home. The bleeding will stop instantly. No, he's not the solution for the next 10 years, but what has Muschamp been? We need someone to get this right in the next 24 months. In whom do you trust it to the most?

You know, I kind of agree with this. I don't think he's the right long-term solution (as you said…) because of his age. But I think he's a good short-term solution to just right the ship. And then he can be heavily involved in choosing the successor to carry on Gator football excellence.

Regardless, Muschamp has to go. Now.[/quote]I think even SOS knows there is too much work now to be done to right this ship. 10-15 years younger, maybe. Not now though unfortunately.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd;n56159 said:
My top 4 in no order.

Kerwin Bell
Dan Quinn
Dan Mullen
Dana Holgorsen

I like Bell. But I don't want another 1st time HC at UF. I'd move past that first time HC qualifier for Quinn but I'm not sure we can deal with another DC at the helm. It's just against our culture.

No thanks on Mullen or Holgerson.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n56151 said:
There is 0% chance SOS comes here and there is 0% chance Foley even asks...better to spend your time dreaming of actual realistic coaching options.

We can dream, no?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd said:
[QUOTE='78;n55816]The death knell was the defense quitting. We've got plenty of football to play, but in terms if litmus tests, Muschamp is as good as gone. Let's form a Gatorchatter search committee.

OK, so who should we get?
[/quote]Does it matter? Muschamp is awful.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Two glaring things today:
(1) Duncechamp comes off field at half, says we need to run more.
(2) After Bammer drives down field for 8 min, only up 28-21, we immediately run up the gut three times and punt. Game over.

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
Mudd;n56159 said:
My top 4 in no order.

Kerwin Bell
Dan Quinn
Dan Mullen
Dana Holgorsen
Seriously?
just curious who would be your top 4, ray finkle said my top four wasn't good asked him who he would pick, silence, so who is your top 4

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
Mudd;n56159 said:
My top 4 in no order.

Kerwin Bell
Dan Quinn
Dan Mullen
Dana Holgorsen

I like Bell. But I don't want another 1st time HC at UF. I'd move past that first time HC qualifier for Quinn but I'm not sure we can deal with another DC at the helm. It's just against our culture.

I agree

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
AugustaGator;n55970 said:
Urban set us back years, but I am afraid WM is/was not the answer....Not sure who is though...

This is an asinine statement. Meyer coached us to 2 National Championships. Ridiculous...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
[QUOTE='78;n56001]
I agree with this on an interim basis. We're broken and the defense can't get any worse. Maybe Roper can help turn this thing around, maybe not, but the decision on a permanent coach will be among the most important in University history. I don't know about you, but I'm done experimenting on the next hot coordinator. I want a proven coach, someone who can win, scheme an offense and recruit at the same time. You know who I'm thinking of, right? Yep. Bring Spurrier home. The bleeding will stop instantly. No, he's not the solution for the next 10 years, but what has Muschamp been? We need someone to get this right in the next 24 months. In whom do you trust it to the most?

You know, I kind of agree with this. I don't think he's the right long-term solution (as you said…) because of his age. But I think he's a good short-term solution to just right the ship. And then he can be heavily involved in choosing the successor to carry on Gator football excellence.

Regardless, Muschamp has to go. Now.[/quote]I know :(

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
gardnerwebbgator said:
(2) After Bammer drives down field for 8 min, only up 28-21, we immediately run up the gut three times and punt. Game over.
You know the first one is a head scratcher, but the second one...well I about lost it when we went out there and literally ran up the middle three straight plays..

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
Mudd;n56159 said:
My top 4 in no order.

Kerwin Bell
Dan Quinn
Dan Mullen
Dana Holgorsen

who is your top 4

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
ufgator812;56203 said:
AugustaGator;n55970 said:
Urban set us back years, but I am afraid WM is/was not the answer....Not sure who is though...
This is an asinine statement. Meyer coached us to 2 National Championships. Ridiculous...
Lol yeah his last one was killer

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Did our coaching staff watch tape of Alabama? Like many of you mentioned today, we failed to speed up the game which allowed WVU to play Bama a hell of a lot better than we did.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n56196 said:

I saw virtually zero play calls in the second half that reminded me of any previous Roper play calls.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator said:
I'll keep mentioning these two things until the dunce is fired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.