Non-SEC Coaching Carousel

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: Dave Aranda makes $2.5M a year, which is quite a bit more than this job pays. But he has wanted to be a head coach for awhile, and UNLV isn’t too far from his native Southern California and he knows the MWC well. Also, the Rebels facilities have really improved there a lot.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Where is Willie?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Boooooo

@BruceFeldmanCFB: To update the Dave Aranda/UNLV story: the #LSU DC won't be the next UNLV head coach, per source. @ESPNRittenberg had it first.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Brett_McMurphy: Oregon offensive coordinator Marcus Arroyo has agreed to a deal in principle to become UNLV’s coach, a source told @Stadium. Arroyo, 39, has been Oregon's OC the past 2 seasons

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He would be a terrible fit at FAU.
Welp

@Brett_McMurphy: Florida Atlantic is nearing completion of a deal w/Willie Taggart, source told @Stadium. Taggart would be a huge get for FAU w/his recruiting ties in the state

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Welp

@Brett_McMurphy: Florida Atlantic is nearing completion of a deal w/WiLLLLLLLie Taggart, source told @Stadium. Taggart would be a huge get for FAU w/his recruiting ties in the state
Could this possibly be bad news for FSU? Might be a bit of a stretch, but I'm guessing he won't say the nicest things about FSU to recruits at this point. Being in the state of Florida, he will be crossing paths with a lot of recruits they are after, as well as dealing with their high school coaches. I'm hoping he will continue to do them harm even as FAU's coach.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@PeteSampson_: Can confirm multiple reports that offensive coordinator Chip Long and the Notre Dame football program have parted ways. Long was a Broyles Award runner-up last year and Notre Dame’s offense set a scoring record under the Brian Kelly era this season.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ole Miss: UCF offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Jeff Lebby is expected to join the Ole Miss staff in the same position

Ole Miss: FAU running backs coach Kevin Smith is on the job with Lane Kiffin at Ole Miss.

Missouri: DJ Smith is following Drink from App State to Mizzou, tweets Pete Thamel. Smith coached outside linebackers at App.

Missouri: Charlie Harbison is joining the staff as associate head coach / defensive assistant with his specific duties announced later, the school has announced. Harbison coached the corners this past season at Appalachian State.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
confusingly, i thought this was the nonsec coaching carousel.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
New Washington head coach Jimmy Lake fired his OC, Bush Hamdan - who was the WR's coach at UF in 2012, just a day after Washington rolled Boise State 38-7.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
New Washington head coach Jimmy Lake fired his OC, Bush Hamdan - who was the WR's coach at UF in 2012, just a day after Washington rolled Boise State 38-7.
Ive never even heard that name. now that I think about it I'm not sure but I knew we had a wide receiver coach under Chump, nor can I think of a reason why we should have had one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.