***OFFICIAL BOWL GAME THREAD: UF vs Virginia***

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I dunno, consensus amongst all these analysts and former coaches is that Mullen is some sort of offensive savant. But I’m guessing their opinions don’t count either. Probably should just fire him. No chance to improve. He is what his record says, even though his MSU record strangely isn’t reflected here.

And would these 10 dudes be the same ones who kept their season tickets through Chump and Mac but gave them up when Mullen was hired like you did? Not exactly unbiased...

Last edited:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
What does last year have to do with a God awful defensive performance against a team that shouldn't have been ranked....Had we played Whisky, Mich, ND , Baylor or PSU last night we would have gotten raped.....

My guess is we would have beaten every one of those teams. Not one is a powerhouse. If any of them were our team our board would implode.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Perhaps some of these are reasons for skepticism:
1) Although unable to assess your technical analysis in detail, we can see that it is at odds with the vast majority of media experts who are effusive in their praise of CDM. All over the airways again today.
2) As an administrator with little of computational software, I knew when I was getting bad advice when the analysis lacked nuance. In competitive, real life situations any course of action usually involves both pros and cons. It is most unusual, particularly for experienced operatives, to make choices that only involve negatives.
3) Even when the elements of your argument appears individually plausible, your overall scheme seems not to hang together. CDM is terrible at recruiting and worse at coaching, but he keeps winning and the program keeps improving.
4) Sometimes there appear to be logical errors. Example, CDM is mediocre because he only wins games that he has more talent in. (This is usually followed by a tendentious analysis in which all close calls favor your argument.) What percentage of mediocre coaches share CDM's winning record for games they should win?
5) Have you ever admitted to a major analytical mistake? Is it logical that even a superb analyst such as yourself never errs?
There is no doubt that you are our resident expert on football analysis and you are greatly appreciated. It is, however, unreasonable to expect uncritical acceptance of all your ideas. Please keep sharing your impressive knowledge, but accept the fact that it's human nature to be critical.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
No they would not. Turn in your Gator card. I think the Big10 has a special going on.
Dude were you proud of that last night? It was Uvag and they wouldn't have even been ranked if it were for being a televised bowl game.....Clemson had their waterboys in by the 3rd quarter and beat them by 50.....I remember when a "Gator Card" meant dominating the Uvag's of the CFB world....ffs

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
What does last year have to do with a God awful defensive performance against a team that shouldn't have been ranked....Had we played Whisky, Mich, ND , Baylor or PSU last night we would have gotten raped.....
Hard to take a win in the Orange Bowl, Crete. I get it. We suck.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
And this is exactly why SOS took his game to the NFL. Winning was not enough, eventually. If you didnt win big enough like the pundits decreed you had a bad game.................Bowl games are just weird. UVA was playing the biggest game in their history. Their motivation was 1000 times more than ours. We were playing a team that was a disappointment to us. It was lose lose from the get go. Their QB was the real deal. You saw it. He made some plays that we had defended well. But wallow in your misery. SOS spoiled the gdmmmd **** out of all you pre boomers and I get it................Mullen should have won immediately and now should win big..........if patience and perspective was oxygen we would all be dead by now.................

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
And this is exactly why SOS took his game to the NFL. Winning was not enough, eventually. If you didnt win big enough like the pundits decreed you had a bad game.................Bowl games are just weird. UVA was playing the biggest game in their history. Their motivation was 1000 times more than ours. We were playing a team that was a disappointment to us. It was lose lose from the get go. Their QB was the real deal. You saw it. He made some plays that we had defended well. But wallow in your misery. SOS spoiled the gdmmmd **** out of all you pre boomers and I get it................Mullen should have won immediately and now should win big..........if patience and perspective was oxygen we would all be dead by now.................
Coach, I have come to discover that we rarely agree, but when we do it is 100% agreement. This is one of those times.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
So...did we win? Are we back? Do we suck? I guess that’s all about perspective...y’all have a good night :banghead:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Lol. I’ve had a couple of beers and some wine with dinner. Perhaps if we ever meet in person, a bar would be the appropriate venue. (I’ll even buy.)
Now you sound like me. I have made this proposal to multiple posters. Get to Gville one day and I will buy. Im not really a big drinker but will always have one or two with a fellow gator...........

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Now you sound like me. I have made this proposal to multiple posters. Get to Gville one day and I will buy. Im not really a big drinker but will always have one or two with a fellow gator...........
Seeing as how my son is a freshman, I think we can make this work!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It should never be hard to TAKE a win from Uvag….anywhere....anytime.....by more than 30 points.....on an off night..

Just curious, after a lost decade, why should we take anything for granted? We are owed nothing, not even respect.

You sound very distraught....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator