***OFFICIAL BOWL GAME THREAD: UF vs Virginia***

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Now you sound like me. I have made this proposal to multiple posters. Get to Gville one day and I will buy. Im not really a big drinker but will always have one or two with a fellow gator...........

I'm a cheap date, don't touch alcohol.... I work in Trenton and Bell several times a year, I'll try to run you down.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I'm a cheap date, don't touch alcohol.... I work in Trenton and Bell several times a year, I'll try to run you down.
It is a deal. Trenton and Bell are two of my favorite rural municipalities........

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn’t the blowout we all would’ve liked to see but I saw good effort. Lack of execution against a well coached team equaled a tough fought win.
Really exceeded my expectations this year. Looking forward to seeing if we can take the next step in 2020.
Go Gators!
:chomp:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Perhaps some of these are reasons for skepticism:
1) Although unable to assess your technical analysis in detail, we can see that it is at odds with the vast majority of media experts who are effusive in their praise of CDM. All over the airways again today.
2) As an administrator with little of computational software, I knew when I was getting bad advice when the analysis lacked nuance. In competitive, real life situations any course of action usually involves both pros and cons. It is most unusual, particularly for experienced operatives, to make choices that only involve negatives.
3) Even when the elements of your argument appears individually plausible, your overall scheme seems not to hang together. CDM is terrible at recruiting and worse at coaching, but he keeps winning and the program keeps improving.
4) Sometimes there appear to be logical errors. Example, CDM is mediocre because he only wins games that he has more talent in. (This is usually followed by a tendentious analysis in which all close calls favor your argument.) What percentage of mediocre coaches share CDM's winning record for games they should win?
5) Have you ever admitted to a major analytical mistake? Is it logical that even a superb analyst such as yourself never errs?
There is no doubt that you are our resident expert on football analysis and you are greatly appreciated. It is, however, unreasonable to expect uncritical acceptance of all your ideas. Please keep sharing your impressive knowledge, but accept the fact that it's human nature to be critical.

Impressive. You’re smarter than me, no doubt.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We beat UGa yet?...
Even the announcers called us out on that...."gotta get by UGA next"....then after the game Dan starts building the safety buffer by saying...."it's harder to get from 10 wins to 11 than from 4 to10 and getting from 11 to 12 will be even harder". How about saying something more inspiring like next years goal is to win 15....

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Even the announcers called us out on that...."gotta get by UGA next"....then after the game Dan starts building the safety buffer by saying...."it's harder to get from 10 wins to 11 than from 4 to10 and getting from 11 to 12 will be even harder". How about saying something more inspiring like next years goal is to win 15....

If you saw negative in that interview you had a tough night.

To me it sounded more like challenging the players to be ready to go to work.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If you saw negative in that interview you had a tough night.

To me it sounded more like challenging the players to be ready to go to work.
I like Dan I really do but even he knows that he's putting band aids on this thing and trying to "massage the base" into being OK with winning 9-10 games a year....It could be worse BUT I'd prefer to get back to being the team that no one wanted to play, not the one who lets the Uvag's of the CFB world score moral victories for their goof ball coach...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Everything out of a high-profile coach’s mouth gets distorted and magnified tenfold by the media, so what’s the point in talking big other than risk having it thrown back in your face? It’s implied he wants to run the table.

Better that Mullen keeps his yap shut and focuses on the task ahead. We’re headed for a put-up or shut-up year.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I like Dan I really do but even he knows that he's putting band aids on this thing and trying to "massage the base" into being OK with winning 9-10 games a year....It could be worse BUT I'd prefer to get back to being the team that no one wanted to play, not the one who lets the Uvag's of the CFB world score moral victories for their goof ball coach...

With all due respect I disagree. I think DM truly believes he's going to lead us to the promise land. Will he? Only time will tell.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
2019 Gators lost the QB who they fully trained to lead these players to max wins. They had to fall back on a young man they had not planned on. Then suddenly from Trask's arm sprang a corpse of the best WR group on the national stage. (? Coaching just couldn't be involved in getting the most out of Trask and the good guys.?)

Trask and how many others were subpar last night? You know they indulged during their "partial party trip" like never before. So they were feeling blah and played that way. So we played a lousy game and Va played the game of a fighting underdog. Yet we still won, even if our coaches had an off game. Gator Nation is blessed with what we have had on the field this year. Who is counting our blessings, here?
What makes a fanship so worthy?

Of course, next year many of us will be happily awaiting the adventure of seeing which players have muchly improved, which new "stars" will step forward. How many will miss that because they're busy pointing at what failures our coaches are and who we should have replaced them with? Not the best way to enjoy Gator football. And does the spirit of the fanship in any way add to or subtract from the spirit of the players, or coaches?

So l let me think that next year UF will be the unstoppable passing attack ruling the SEC. Allow me to look forward to a new star RB (Pierce or Davis or Clement or ??). These players, these coaches are not trying to fool us in any way. They are striving to please everybody, themselves included. If they mess up they get fired. We mess up and none of us has our total life disrupted.

Anyway, why not enjoy imagining that the 2020 Gators do even better going forward? First, we have the 2 enjoyments of what recruits we sign and hopes for how they will help. Second, we have to look for who will come back next year that might be on the fence for leaving.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Happy New year, we beat UGa yet? That's the standard u pussies, not close not 7pts different, nut up u beat down mother effers. Jesus we're Gators, I don't care who is coaching, I expect to beat the Dawgs. Anything else unacceptable period. Spare me ur rebuild whining, win or go home. don't quote or reply. GO **** YOURSELVES, AND GO GATORS

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
So reading all the ass hurt reactions I'm assuming we don't want to dominate anymore....just be good enough to win 10, get a bowl opponent that shouldn't even be ranked, give them a moral victory, finish in the top 10 in recruiting even though that leaves us 7th in the conference? Did I miss anything?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So reading all the ass hurt reactions I'm assuming we don't want to dominate anymore....just be good enough to win 10, get a bowl opponent that shouldn't even be ranked, give them a moral victory, finish in the top 10 in recruiting even though that leaves us 7th in the conference? Did I miss anything?

You did. We want to tear down the south end zone and reinstall the metal bleachers.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Lighten the Fck up Francis!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.