***OFFICIAL BOWL GAME THREAD: UF vs Virginia***

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
we get a NY6 bowl in one of the most fertile recruiting areas in the country and a guaranteed win. I mean short of playoffs this is as good as we can do this year for long term. You’d rather play in Orlando or Tampa? Bad take is bad
Crete would play every game against Wiskey or Meatchicken if he could.

He has some odd attraction to Wisconsin, I think it's all the cannibals.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I'd be OK with the OB if not for the crap opponent and the grossly undeserved grace extended to UGA at #5. I'll probably feel better if we roll those ACC ass hats and the dwags schytt the bed in NO, but it'll still suck getting stuck playing a team that's significantly over-rated at #24. Maybe we can still find a pony amid all this horse schytt if we just dig hard enough, long enough. I hope the team remembers how one brain dead performance in Jax was the difference between greatness and just being pretty good - I know I will.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I actually like the draw. Whether or not we see it as a big deal, the perception is that the NY6 bowls are far superior. So I’m happy with the Orange, especially since we can show up and own the place. But also, personally I wanted nothing to do with Baylor. I’d much rather be able to win decisively over a team like Virginia than possibly look terrible against BU on a national stage.

Hopefully we can win big, and the dogs get another loss to help shift the perception. It’s not a sexy game by any means, but it may be good for us overall.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
we get a NY6 bowl in one of the most fertile recruiting areas in the country and a guaranteed win. I mean short of playoffs this is as good as we can do this year for long term. You’d rather play in Orlando or Tampa? Bad take is bad
And dumbassery is dumb.....we need to be playing one of the schools that someone will actually want to watch and ONE that will have a half dozen recruits from FL either already committed or about to commit so that we can flip them when we kick their asses.....make sense now????

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Crete would play every game against Wiskey or Meatchicken if he could.
Actually Crete is just smart enough to know that NO ONE will be watching a football game that Vigina is playing in...are they even in the top 25?

There is also that little thing about beating the pants off teams like Michigan or ND that routinely come into Fl. and leave with better recruits than we've been getting over the last 5 to 6 years, right?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Record: 9-4
@ Pittsburgh — W 30-14
William & Mary — W 52-17
Florida State — W 31-24
Old Dominion — W 28-17
@ Notre Dame — L 35-20
@ Miami — L 17-9
Duke — W 48-14
@ Louisville — L 28-21
@ North Carolina — W 38-31
Georgia Tech — W 33-28
Liberty — W 55-27
Virginia Tech — W 39-30
Clemson — L 62-17 (ACC Championship Game)

GT score 28 on them - Liberty score 27
Our offense (passing) looks closer to Clemson's and they had their way with UVA. We should put up at least 35 points on Offense.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I actually like the draw. Whether or not we see it as a big deal, the perception is that the NY6 bowls are far superior. So I’m happy with the Orange, especially since we can show up and own the place. But also, personally I wanted nothing to do with Baylor. I’d much rather be able to win decisively over a team like Virginia than possibly look terrible against BU on a national stage.

Hopefully we can win big, and the dogs get another loss to help shift the perception. It’s not a sexy game by any means, but it may be good for us overall.
You're one of my favorite posters, but being afraid of a team that hasn't done much in my lifetime (and that's a long ass time) is not your finest moment. Virginia is a humpty and playing them as a "reward" for a good season just doesn't do it for me. Maybe I've been infected with the glass is half-empty mindset, but being happy with mediocre opponents because they're easier to beat doesn't exactly thrill my soul - at all.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Actually Crete is just smart enough to know that NO ONE will be watching a football game that Vigina is playing in...are they even in the top 25?

There is also that little thing about beating the pants off teams like Michigan or ND that routinely come into Fl. and leave with better recruits than we've been getting over the last 5 to 6 years, right?
We play boring big 10 teams every year. We know you like seeing backwards offense but jeez - you’re on a roll today.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We play boring big 10 teams every year. We know you like seeing backwards offense but jeez - you’re on a roll today.
You are a redundant Moron if there ever was one.....This game does nothing to promote the brand....nada...zip....zilch...…Beating up on a team that squeaked by Old Dominion(and lost to them last year)FSU, and lost to UM is bowl season and recruiting suicide....hope you enjoy the big win that actually moves the program backwards...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You're one of my favorite posters, but being afraid of a team that hasn't done much in my lifetime (and that's a long ass time) is not your finest moment. Virginia is a humpty and playing them as a "reward" for a good season just doesn't do it for me. Maybe I've been infected with the glass is half-empty mindset, but being happy with mediocre opponents because they're easier to beat doesn't exactly thrill my soul - at all.
This is the way I feel. Where's the satisfaction in killing overmatched teams? At least in beating Michigan they were a real team with talented players.

You guys put way too much stock in either a win or a loss in these meaningless bowls. It's not going to effect recruiting either way. You think an interested recruit is going to change his mind because UF loses a meaningless bowl? :crazy: Or blowing out garbage Virginia is suddenly going to make recruits want to come to UF?

Puh-lease. The Gators will play in an empty stadium and very low television ratings. It is what it is - meaningless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator