Status
Not open for further replies.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand the doom and gloom? We knew we wasn't getting smith and Harris. Brown was a surprise but nobody was crazy excited about him anyhow. The good news is we might still be in it with pinder.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If Mullen can flip Pinder from UNC, this DT class is legit. That alone is a huge improvement.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I don't understand the doom and gloom? We knew we wasn't getting smith and Harris. Brown was a surprise but nobody was crazy excited about him anyhow. The good news is we might still be in it with pinder.

I really don't have any issues with our defensive recruiting this cycle but man our offensive recruiting is horrid.

My concern is that we lose a ton of players at receiver and running back and not only are we not filling it with ****ty 3 star guys but we aren't even getting anyone to fill it

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
Do you really think he can survive being 2-3rd in SEC til that long?[/QUOTE]

No, I think we need to win the East next year or people will start getting antsy. Georgia will have a new qb and they still have shart as HC so the talent they have doesn’t scare me. Win the east and he gets a pass

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
scUM has zero facilities.

They're also currently ranked 15th, in Diaz's bump class.

Doug said it very well above. To remove the issue of needing better recruiters would be foolish. But the facilities issues we have don't help. The 6 teams in front of us right now, several of which have owned recruiting in recent years, all are light years ahead of us in that regard. That's no more a coincidence than Knox never being known as a great recruiter and continuing to struggle here. The two factors can coexist.

Last edited:

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Underwhelming but not unpredictable. If DM doesn't fire some buddies soon, they'll get him fired eventually. I hate it, but NSD will likely be yet another one to forget - DM is looking more like an intermediary step with every passing day.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A good salesman that can display a vision of the future to kids, will be able to get around that. Facilities are a plus, and I'm not knocking facilities being an issue... but great recruiters can recruit with average facilities.
We really can't have it both ways. If facilities are truly an issue, which has been said for years... then I don't know how you expect to sign top 3 classes. That's Jeremy Foley type thinking. That's "we're Florida, we don't need no stinking facilities" thinking. Dan needs to make upgrades to the staff, no doubt. We all want and expect great. We want top 3 classes every year. I just don't think we can reasonably expect top 3 classes until the decade late facilities are done or at least started.

Either facilities are a detriment or they aren't. We've been saying FOR YEARS they were and that it was hurting our recruiting. Now the narrative is changing. It makes no sense. If Dan pulls in say 8th or 9th ranked classes without them, I feel pretty certain he'll be able to pull, at least top 5 classes with them. He's not an elite recruiter. Unfortunately, he's just not. But he's a damn good football coach. I like our odds if he's able to start pulling top 5 classes. The problem is, he may not last that long. We need those damn facilities yesterday...And he needs to hire him a couple ace recruiters...and correct the Knox hire. That may have been his biggest mistake of his tenure so far. We lost an ace recruiter and coach for friggn Knox... smh...

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I really don't have any issues with our defensive recruiting this cycle but man our offensive recruiting is horrid.

My concern is that we lose a ton of players at receiver and running back and not only are we not filling it with ****ty 3 star guys but we aren't evengetting anyone to fill it

ILB recruiting is a dumpster fire. Seeing how many times David Reese saved our asses this season makes this sort of **** unfathomable. Other positions came out alright.

WR and RB recruiting were shockingly bad this cycle. No excuses. Pray we get Manuel in ....

As others have said, Knox at the very least needs to go, but probably won’t.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We really can't have it both ways. If facilities are truly an issue, which has been said for years... then I don't know how you expect to sign top 3 classes. That's Jeremy Foley type thinking. That's "we're Florida, we don't need no stinking facilities" thinking. Dan needs to make upgrades to the staff, no doubt. We all want and expect great. We want top 3 classes every year. I just don't think we can reasonably expect top 3 classes until the decade late facilities are done or at least started.

Either facilities are a detriment or they aren't. We've been saying FOR YEARS they were and that it was hurting our recruiting. Now the narrative is changing. It makes no sense. If Dan pulls in say 8th or 9th ranked classes without them, I feel pretty certain he'll be able to pull, at least top 5 classes with them. He's not an elite recruiter. Unfortunately, he's just not. But he's a damn good football coach. I like our odds if he's able to start pulling top 5 classes. The problem is, he may not last that long. We need those damn facilities yesterday...And he needs to hire him a couple ace recruiters...and correct the Knox hire. That may have been his biggest mistake of his tenure so far. We lost an ace recruiter and coach for friggn Knox... smh...

It's not both way... As I said I'm not knocking that they are an issue.... but the facilities issue shows a failure on two fronts from this staff as Salemen, the inability to recruit and the inability to express their need for upgrade now and not tomorrow. But as already pointed out we are being lapped by teams with facilities in the same shape as ours. So we can't blame losing recruits to those team based on facilities alone.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

My concern is that we lose a ton of players at receiver and running back and not only are we not filling it with ****ty 3 star guys but we aren't even getting anyone to fill it

This is ESD, not NSD. Those spots will get filled. Whether or not they'll be 3* guys and fall-backs is yet to be determined(though likely).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ILB recruiting is a dumpster fire. Seeing how many times David Reese saved our asses this season makes this sort of **** unfathomable. .
Dwag Christian Robinson hasnt landed an ILB in three fvkking years.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
ILB recruiting is a dumpster fire. Seeing how many times David Reese saved our asses this season makes this sort of **** unfathomable. Other positions came out alright.

WR and RB recruiting were shockingly bad this cycle. No excuses. Pray we get Manuel in ....

As others have said, Knox at the very least needs to go, but probably won’t.

We play one ILB. Reese could stop the run but couldn't cover a soul. I don't think we will have trouble finding a guy to play the position on our roster

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is ESD, not NSD. Those spots will get filled. Whether or not they'll be 3* guys and fall-backs is yet to be determined(though likely).
There isnt much left now. Even most of FAUs trash has signed.

The game has changed completely. NDS is an afterthought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.