Recruiting ***Official ESD Game Day Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Will be shocked if Harris comes over. TAMU only has two DEs in the class and he’s one of them.

No way. No how.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Read a few articles on Sam Brown. He said West Virginia offered the chance to play early.
I heard they were first to offer him and he has friends on the team.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I thought many on here claimed Brown was a lock for us.

No one ever said he was ours

We knew we wasn't getting smith and Harris. Bro

Actually, "many" did not claim Brown was a lock, but mimicked Mr.2Bits who said he was "prety much locked up" and that Smith had actually committed to the staff. Either the Bit's source is BS, or his source is Knox.

aren't we 6th in the SEC?

This is true and likely not good enough to win a national championship, but please don't try to equate 6th in the SEC behind schools that have recruited well for decades to 6th in the ACC behind recruiting powerhouses UNC and GT (though as I see it FSU is only 4th in the ACC anyway).

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
So Donk, you don't like me pointing out your double talk? Kinda like when so many point out how wrong you usually are. Like alagator said facilities have been discussed as the largest issue we have and people have wanted to kill horse teeth because of it but every single time we don't land a top class its all on the coaches. Double talk at its finest and you have it perfected.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Underwhelming but not unpredictable. If DM doesn't fire some buddies soon, they'll get him fired eventually. I hate it, but NSD will likely be yet another one to forget - DM is looking more like an intermediary step with every passing day.

Damn you were killing me for saying similar things yesterday... damn those 24 hours.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We play one ILB.
No we dont fvkker. Both WLB and MLB are inside backers in this scheme, though each is essentially interchangeable.

The stupid thing is we dont play OLBs yet we keep recruiting these 190 lb OLBs. In our "3-4" one OLB is a Rush and the other is pulled for a Star MOST of the time.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
No we dont fvkker. Both WLB and MLB are inside backers in this scheme, though each is essentially interchangeable.

The stupidnthing is we dont play OLBs yet we keep recruiting them. In our "3-4" one OLB is a Rush and the other is pulled for a Star MOST of the time.

You have some anger issues you need sorted out my dude...

Anyways, in today's game I'd prefer a faster and lighter inside backer. Not some slow-plodding guy like Reese. In case you haven't noticed, the only run first teams we play now is Georgia and who knows how much longer they will be that way. Game has changed, your same dumb MLB posts should as well

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So Donk, you don't like me pointing out your double talk? Kinda like when so many point out how wrong you usually are. Like alagator said facilities have been discussed as the largest issue we have and people have wanted to kill horse teeth because of it but every single time we don't land a top class its all on the coaches. Double talk at its finest and you have it perfected.

Two things can be an issue and coexist, they are not mutually exclusive. We can have bad recruiters on the staff and have bad facilities at the same time. It's best to have both in good standing.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I posted this in the "Dan Mullen is" thread, but the story that Mullen is not like Richt because Richt recruited great but couldn't coach guys is just not true. Mullen and Richt's recruiting are pretty similar. Richt recruited himself into a Richting meme and analogy for an always pretty good, never great team/coach. He never had the top SEC class, more often behind multiple SEC schools:

Here are all of Richt's classes (look a bit familiar to this year?)
* denotes Scout/247 ratings

* 2000 - 23rd (Tenn 1, UF 2, Bama 4)
* 2001 - 10th (LSU 2, Tenn 4, Barn 7) (also first full class - the old bump class)
2002 - 3rd (Tenn 2)
2003 - 6th (LSU 1, UF 2)
2004 - 6th (LSU 2)
2005 -10th (tenn 4)
2006 - 4th (UF 2)
2007 - 9th (UF 1, UT 3, LSU 4, Barn 7)
2008 - 7th (Bama 1 - hello Saban, UF 3rd)
2009 - 6th (Bama 1, LSU 2)
2010 - 15th (UF 2, Barn 4, bama 5, LSU 6, Tenn 9)
2011 - 5th (Bama 1)
2012 - 12th (Bame 1, UF 3, Barn 10)
2013 - 12th (bama 1, UF 4, LSU 6, Barn 8)
2014 - 7th (Bama 1, Tenn 5, atm 6)
2015 - 6th (Bama 2, Tenn 5)

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
3 star WR E Jai Mason is the only WR left on our board at this time. (Hendo is gone. Not counting him).

Jesus Christ.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's not both way... As I said I'm not knocking that they are an issue.... but the facilities issue shows a failure on two fronts from this staff as Salemen, the inability to recruit and the inability to express their need for upgrade now and not tomorrow. But as already pointed out we are being lapped by teams with facilities in the same shape as ours. So we can't blame losing recruits to those team based on facilities alone.
Who the hell is lapping us with facilities in the same shape as ours? Miami??? They usually recruit well despite not even having a damn stadium or fans to fill the one they play in. It's Miami. Miami is in fertile ground and is an alluring place for 18 year old kids. As to what was actually pointed out, the teams ahead of us all actually have better facilities. It's a fact. Hell, Kentucky had better facilities than us and they're a basketball school.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Doug doesn’t post in recruiting threads all year and then we miss on guys and he miraculously shows up. Color me shocked

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Two things can be an issue and coexist, they are not mutually exclusive. We can have bad recruiters on the staff and have bad facilities at the same time. It's best to have both in good standing.

Ya think? Not really the issue I have with double talker.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Doug doesn’t post in recruiting threads all year and then we miss on guys and he miraculously shows up. Color me shocked

Posted a few times, but unlike you, I don't find the joy in following teens on social media....

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Let’s just get Walker signed, Manuel graduated, and then pick up the leftovers in February and get this day done.

LOS is looking better. Love AR15 too, but there are real gaps in this class.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who the hell is lapping us with facilities in the same shape as ours? Miami??? They usually recruit well despite not even having a damn stadium or fans to fill the one they play in. It's Miami. Miami is in fertile ground and is an alluring place for 18 year old kids. As to what was actually pointed out, the teams ahead of us all actually have better facilities. It's a fact. Hell, Kentucky had better facilities than us and they're a basketball school.

I'm glad you are only reading the portions of an argument you want to read and then making an argument that only you want to defend... go back to your trailer and fck your cousin again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator